• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What do I need for game importing...?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spic Steve

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOL
Awards
You need a SwapMagic card I think I'm not too sure on that.

Just as Planned

Well, you can shell out the $250 for a Japanese PS2, but modding is a much cheaper solution.

Two forms- Modchips, and the Swap Magic method.

Modchips, plain and simple. They bypass the NTSC/PAL securities and allow you to just play your game lickety-split. However, modchipping can be hard to do, and accidents can happen.

Swap Magic is more of a kind of "placeholder" technique, where you use the Swap Magic DVD/CD to get past the region securities and switch the disc with a slidecard or a fliptop. (I for one prefer the fliptop- less likely to break the disc tray, looks nicer, too.)

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
If you're willing to shell out the cash, you could just order a modded PS2. You have to be wary of which sites are legit, though. I've been looking into it myself as of late...mostly for Guilty Gear.

Enigmacy

[Following my Path]
Website
s4.invisionfree.com
If you're willing to shell out the cash, you could just order a modded PS2. You have to be wary of which sites are legit, though. I've been looking into it myself as of late...mostly for Guilty Gear.

I don't know. Like you said, people can be selling fake, modded PS2's. But the swap magic sounds....cheaper..?..How much is the swap magic?

Spic Steve

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOL
Awards
I would've said go mod it in Mexico, but i figure you're too far. I got my 360 modded so it can play imports and burned games in Mexico.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back