• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

When did Ansem SoD Knock Aqua into the Sea of Darkness?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Veritas7

Was it before or after Riku and Mickey first arrived in the realm of darkness (RoD) in KH III? I think it might be before for several reasons:
  1. Mickey said that Aqua had fallen into an even deeper abyss the first time they checked the RoD
  2. Time flows differently in the RoD
  3. It looks like Aqua and Ansem the Wise were continuing the same conversation they were having after KH II
Thus, I think Aqua falling into darkness was a flashback that transpired before Riku and Mickey's first search.

What do you think?

okhi12

Awards
I'm not sure. What you said makes sense, but Ansem the Wise is captured by not-Ansem just after Aqua was ''darkified'' and thrown into the dark ocean. Shortly after, the two Ansems appear in Twilight Town. To me, that suggests those events happen at the time they are shown, otherwise Ansem the Wise would have been Xehanort's hostage during more than half of KH3 story and nothing seems to imply that was the case.

It doesn't make sense what Mickey says about Aqua having fallen into a deeper abyss, though. Unless ''deeper abyss'' means the region of the world of darkness where Ansem the Wise was cast into after his heart-encoding device exploded ib KH2...

However, we know thanks to Nomura that the End of Sea (the dark beach of the realm of darkness) is like a bordering area that faces the realm of light at the other side (that light in the distance that resembles a sun or moon), so the sea is actually part of the Realm of In Between.
I know this is a bit off-topic, but it really bugs me that an area located in the border of the Realm of Darkness (and thus much closer to the light than the rest of the RoD) and the sea of the Realm In Between are referred in KH3 as the deepest, darkest abyss when it's quite the opposite. Shouldn't the dark abyss (if that's a physical location and not a metaphysical state) be located much deeper into the ''inland'' mass of the RoD? I mean, an area farther to the light and not one that's actually reaching into it.
I have no doubt Nomura doesn't care about respecting his own canon, he does all the time, but this case is too blatantly contradicting. Sorry for the rant.

Veritas7

I'm not sure. What you said makes sense, but Ansem the Wise is captured by not-Ansem just after Aqua was ''darkified'' and thrown into the dark ocean. Shortly after, the two Ansems appear in Twilight Town. To me, that suggests those events happen at the time they are shown, otherwise Ansem the Wise would have been Xehanort's hostage during more than half of KH3 story and nothing seems to imply that was the case.

It doesn't make sense what Mickey says about Aqua having fallen into a deeper abyss, though. Unless ''deeper abyss'' means the region of the world of darkness where Ansem the Wise was cast into after his heart-encoding device exploded ib KH2...

However, we know thanks to Nomura that the End of Sea (the dark beach of the realm of darkness) is like a bordering area that faces the realm of light at the other side (that light in the distance that resembles a sun or moon), so the sea is actually part of the Realm of In Between.
I know this is a bit off-topic, but it really bugs me that an area located in the border of the Realm of Darkness (and thus much closer to the light than the rest of the RoD) and the sea of the Realm In Between are referred in KH3 as the deepest, darkest abyss when it's quite the opposite. Shouldn't the dark abyss (if that's a physical location and not a metaphysical state) be located much deeper into the ''inland'' mass of the RoD? I mean, an area farther to the light and not one that's actually reaching into it.
I have no doubt Nomura doesn't care about respecting his own canon, he does all the time, but this case is too blatantly contradicting. Sorry for the rant.

Good point. I suppose Ansem the Wise being Xehanort's hostage for more than half of the story ruins the theory. Too bad. Without that, it could have worked lol

Noivern

Awards
otherwise Ansem the Wise would have been Xehanort's hostage during more than half of KH3 story and nothing seems to imply that was the case.

.. And what exactly is the issue with that? KH never really bothered to make the passage of time clear besides specifying that 2 happens 1 year after CoM, and Days. Kairi was also passed out for the entirety of KH1 somewhere before Riku found her, lol.

I personally assumed the whole ordeal happened sometime after 3D and Ansem was, in fact, a hostage throughout the whole game.

Back