• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Which game to get?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

T-S

Hi everyone.:) I'm having the toughest time deciding what game to get out of:

Half-Life 2 (Xbox)
Dragon Quest 8
GTA Liberty City Stories

If I could I would get all three, but I only have enough money for one. Any recommendations.

GeneralChaos

I can't believe you... you would choose GTA over Half Life 2? Fool. Dragon Quest, I can let slip, but when you put GTA on the same level as Half Life... a sickening thought.

Machinany Gun

Bronze Member
Although i haven't played DQ or liberty city stories, i HAVE played half life 2 on PC. And without a doubt the game is brilliant. If you enjoyed or have even played the first game then it shouldn't feel that different in the second game as it controls pretty much the same as before. I heard the graqphics were knocked down to fit the game on the xbox but if its the same game than that then i suggest you buy it.

Keep in mind its the only one of the 3 i have played. Best wait and see what everybody else thinks. Im sure theres a few people around with at least 2 of the 3 and thier opinions would be worth much more than mine.

GeneralChaos

T-S said:
Hey what can say i'm a big fan of both.

Bah... get what you wish.

GTA = Kill many peoples and do the same old missions as you have done in previous GTA's.

Dragon Quest 8: Supposedly, the entire series is absolutely amazing, and from the many pictures I have seen of this game, it seems worth getting.

Half-Life 2: In a word, God. Just don't hack it to death and enjoy the game.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
I would recommend Half-Life 2, but one thing keeps me from recommending it, the controller. Unless the Xbox version supports a mouse, I don't recommend it. I recommend DQVIII solely because of that reason.

Angel X

Orally Fixated.
Now, I would suggest Half-Life 2. Since that is the most awesome game I know of on the PC. Runner up would be DQ VIII. That game is also great.

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
I'd have to say DQVIII. I just bought it, and, IMO, it deserves RPG of the year. Finally, we've recieved a game that focuses on the environment more than the actual plot. This may sound kinda boring, the the world map is the sexiest one I've ever seen. Beatutiful beaches, to gargantuan mountains, and even lush vallies. Hell, I've spent more time just wondering around seeing what there is to see than actually doing the story.

I've yet to play a Half-Life game. They seem alright, but I prefer RPG's over FPSs

GTA: Liberty Cities = a waste of money. Why people spend $50 to drive around killing people and going on murderous rampages, is beyond my comprehension. There's just no point to those games.

Square Ninja said:
I would recommend Half-Life 2, but one thing keeps me from recommending it, the controller.
If you're skilled enough, a controller is just as effective as a mouse

Locke

I would personally go with Half-Life 2 (for PC). It is amazing on all fields of gaming. (Graphics, control, etc.)

Trunks

Bronze Member
Awards
i would get half-life 2 (even though i havent played a half-life game yet) it looks good.

shortythugsta

G0t anth1ng 2 say b1+ch ?
dont get dq8 it just my opion i pplayed and didnt like it but alot of other site like it since its great graphic which it is but the gameplay is just like the classic rpg i would not get gtals because its the same thing over again like in almost all of them except sor sandreas i would get hl2 because its fun

dEaTh_bY_pWnInG

I dont know how great Dragon Quest is. I've never played it, and it doesn't look all that great among other RPGs, but I guess you never know. However it does come with a playable demo of Final Fantasy XII. That's definently a plus.

I played Half-Life 2 on PC. It's fun, but it wont last long. The only fun you'll have with it is with the gravity gun. Eventually you'll want to try out another gun, and you'll find out that when it comes right down to shooting and killing, it's really not all that great.

GTA: Liberty City Stories was very good in my opinion, but only if you spend a lot of time out of the house, and you plan to bring your PSP with you. If you're sitting around in the house with all your consoles there, then there are many other games that are much better. One thing I did like about Liberty City Stories though was the story of the game. I think the story is much better and more interesting than GTA3 and Vice City. Not San Andreas though, I really liked San Andreas' story.

Mercury Rain

Just Another Star
if you wanna some good action game...buy F.E.A.R!
in my opinion GTA: liberty city stories was a little boring...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back