• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

who plays half-life 2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
Half-Life 2 is not nearly as demanding as people think it is. If your computer can handle Morrowind on medium settings, it can handle HL2, you may even get a decent framerate. Won't be as pretty, though.

::leonskey::

User Title
im actualy saving up for Half-life 2, and will get it very soon,... my card can handel it, but no dynamic lighting, and medium framrate in the demo,.... so im not sure how it will sync up online, as i need to clear some ram in my D : // drive.

if you have haf-life one ill be happy to talk and face you in battle of mods?

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
well i don't play half life 2 online, but i play counter strike source online (which requires halflife 2 to run) also lord mune is right, while it may look like it does need a super computer, i can run half life 2 perfectly on full settings

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Mune is correct. Half-Life 2 was designed to run on lower-end PCs as well. Of course, the visuals will take a hit.

Anyway, I so dearly want to play Half-Life 2. Alas, my PC at home is almost archaic. The damn thing has trouble running Max Payne. Once I build my new computer, this will be the first software I'm going to purchase...aside from Windows, of course.

*sigh* So many wonderful days were spent picking off targets in Day of Defeat, Firearms, and Team Fortress Classic. I pine for the good old days before Steaming pile

Manchester Black

Famous for Nothing
Awards
LordMune said:
Half-Life 2 is not nearly as demanding as people think it is. If your computer can handle Morrowind on medium settings, it can handle HL2, you may even get a decent framerate. Won't be as pretty, though.

My severe lack of RAM aside, I have a 900 MHz processor. I have a pretty much nonexistance Sound card, and a RIVA TNT2 Graphics card (Never heard of it? Never did I until I looked up drivers for it, which NVIDIA stopped making in 2000). I'm pretty sure my PC won't run Half Life 2. Wait until I finally get my new one, though... :D

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
Manchester Black said:
RIVA TNT2 Graphics card (Never heard of it?
I've heard of Riva TNT2. I've even owned one. A truly wonderful graphics card... in a 500MHz PC from god knows when.

User Title
i have a Nvidia Geforce 4 440.. i think......
i really need to free some ram space on my d drive tho,... and square ninja, do you still have the original half-life? ill play you on a mod vs or something.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
::leonskey:: said:
...and square ninja, do you still have the original half-life? ill play you on a mod vs or something.

I still have the original Half-Life, but I haven't played online since WON servers were shut down. I tried Steam, and it was a steaming pile. The whole thing was a huge mess. I couldn't even get the thing to work.

Hopefully Steam will be drastically improved by the time I get my new PC built and Half-Life 2. I want to play Day of Defeat again.

mz. eggsy

http://j.mp/jIANdM
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
My computer's about 5 years old, and I don't even hardly remember the hardware... I remember distinctly that my video card was a nameless card (a Prosavage, it was called). I think it has about 800 mHz. Despite it being sluggish (processor-wise), I was able to run Diablo II with no problem. Then, for some reason that's still a mystery today, there was a giant crack in my play disc. I was extremely sorrowful. I might end up getting a Battle Chest. They're like, what, $35?

Yeah, back then, I only wished I could support other games.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Master T said:
My computer's about 5 years old, and I don't even hardly remember the hardware... I remember distinctly that my video card was a nameless card (a Prosavage, it was called). I think it has about 800 mHz. Despite it being sluggish (processor-wise), I was able to run Diablo II with no problem.

That was complete bullshit. I had the better hardware, yet Diablo II ran like a tortoise with a limp on my PC. I could run Quake flawlessly, but Diablo II would be reduced to a slideshow when enough enemies were onscreen.

mz. eggsy

http://j.mp/jIANdM
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I don't quite understand that, either. At least we had some good times while playing it. It was fun, but I don't think I had a better time than with Dragonslare. (laughs)

User Title
@ square ninja.: oh, well when you get your new computer, and if you can get steam working, ill play ya sometime.
(i could never get WON working for me, by the way.)

@sora's_soul125:

pme me.
name a time,
name a place
name a mod,
and you got yourself a game.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
Which is a pity. I never got to play Arcanum online, as it was WON-based.

... or was that Nox?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back