• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why can't Mickey call up a corridor of darkness?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

enigmaticBHK

Seeing as Mickey is the wielder of the keyblade of the Realm of Darkness, why couldn't he call up a corridor of darkness in the World That Never Was at the end of KH2?

Axie

Sleeping on the couch at the usual spot until such
Seeing as Mickey is the wielder of the keyblade of the Realm of Darkness, why couldn't he call up a corridor of darkness in the World That Never Was at the end of KH2?

Good question. He definitely calls one up to bring Pluto to Destiny Islands, and again to bring Kairi to the corridor between Twilight Town and TWTNW, so I'm really not sure.

We know that Riku couldn't because he was affected by the explosion that was Ansem's sacrifice. Maybe something similar happened to Mickey?

A

Audo

Good question. He definitely calls one up to bring Pluto to Destiny Islands, and again to bring Kairi to the corridor between Twilight Town and TWTNW, so I'm really not sure.
That was Riku, not Mickey.

Mickey could never open Corridors of Darkness because he has never belonged in the Dark Realm. Just because the Keyblade is from the Dark Realm doesn't mean it gives him these uber powers, the Keyblade cant tell the difference between light and dark.

Soren

Awards
Mickey never never gave in to the dark in any form, right? That's probably why he can't use the corridors. I think you have to have given enough of your heart to he dark to obtain Darkness as a power before you can do anything with it, or at least embraced the darkness that was already in your heart and learned to weild it.

Axie

Sleeping on the couch at the usual spot until such
Mickey never never gave in to the dark in any form, right? That's probably why he can't use the corridors. I think you have to have given enough of your heart to he dark to obtain Darkness as a power before you can do anything with it, or at least embraced the darkness that was already in your heart and learned to weild it.

Well, it probably depends on the circumstances. Nobodies could use the corridors, but they're not darkness or light. (So maybe they're impervious to and can utilize both?)

ruinandchaos85

I recall someone saying nobodies were "beings of darkness", hence the dark powers, and the only nobody I know that could use light was Roxas, and that was because he was Sora's nobody.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I recall someone saying nobodies were "beings of darkness", hence the dark powers, and the only nobody I know that could use light was Roxas, and that was because he was Sora's nobody.

Nobodies are neither, that's the whole point about them. They don't really exist because they exist outside of both light and darkness.
Xemnas himself said so near the end: "... cast away by both the light and the dark." (Don't remember the rest of that line)

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
I think Nobodies use their own corridors... And yeah cos Mickey's heart was never of Darkness, hence whhy weilding the DKK meant nothig really, in terms of the element...

ruinandchaos85

I remember now, the quote was "beings who reside in darkness". This was how they were described in the Secret Ansem Reports, I believe. They're born in darkness and when they die they fade back into darkness. Essentially they live in the dark realm, or the realm inbetween. Not sure if the realm inbetween is apart of the dark realm or not.

Also, I never took the being of neither light or darkness thing literally, especially from Xemnas, since every single word that comes out of his mouth is metaphor. The whole being of neither light or darkness thing was simply signified as not having a heart, in which darkness and light reside. Without a heart you can't "choose" either one making you essentially neutral to everything.

neodusk182

well, think about the betwixt and between area between TWTNW and Twilight town, this seems to be a nuetral passageway, between the light and the dark. So, maybe they can just warp here, and then sink into the darkness from there

ruinandchaos85

well, think about the betwixt and between area between TWTNW and Twilight town, this seems to be a nuetral passageway, between the light and the dark. So, maybe they can just warp here, and then sink into the darkness from there

You have a point but there's no such thing as a neutral passageway according to the game, only dark corridors and the paths of light created by the Worlds for Sora and co. Those are the only means of travel. Only beings who reside in the darkness can use them effectively, everyone else can be consumed by darkness if their hearts aren't strong enough.

Also what did you mean by sink into darkness? That only happens when they die.

keybladelegacy

~*Youll be my Living Legacy~*KBL
Website
www.landofdeparture.webs.com
mickey can not open a corridor of darkness because they randomly appear in places such as castle obilivion, tranverse town, and twilight town because their between dark & light and in the ansem report it explains why people or creatures cant its just that simple

C

Colours

There was no point of calling it up.

ruinandchaos85

mickey can not open a corridor of darkness because they randomly appear in places such as castle obilivion, tranverse town, and twilight town because their between dark & light and in the ansem report it explains why people or creatures cant its just that simple

What are you talking about? Do you mean the pathways? Or the actual portals? Did you not see Saix open up one when Riku was attacking him? And if what you were saying was true how did Riku summon one to get Kairi from Destiny Islands? And traverse town is not in the realm in between.

There was no point of calling it up.

I think he was referring to after the first Xemnas boss fight after he was defeated, they were all going to die at that point, if it wasn't for Namine.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
No. A darkness user or Organization 13 member can summon the CoD any time they want.

ruinandchaos85

Like I said earlier, "denizens of darkness" are the ones who can use corridors of darkness, that includes all heartless and nobodies.

MasterHearts7762

maybe because he actually hasn't submitted himself to darkness, therefore cannot weild it. We saw Riku, who submitted to his darkness and became Ansem could draw up portals of darkness, but that changed when he regained his true form. Very good question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back