• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why Master Xehanort is after Ven?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Anyway, I'm sure you all have talked about and discussed reasons why Master Xehanort has such a liking (need better word) to Ven. But perhaps we need to go a bit more in depth with it, as it may hold connections or keys to Master Xehanort's current status. We also noticed that Terra and Master Xehanort were once acquainted at one time or another, by the conversations they shared in the trailer.

Its obvious that Master Xehanort offered Terra a chance to be with him. "Cross the wall between the light and the darkness, to me." Perhaps Master Xehanort takes refuge in another world, outside the realm of light and the darkness. The realm inbetween? Well regardless, he wants Terra's help for something.

Terra refuses and says, he has a friend, but questions what has Xehanort done to his friend's heart. Terra is most certainly talking about Ven. Maybe the Keyblade (like always) has something to do with Master Xehanort's intentions regarding Ven.

Towards the end of the latest trailer, Master Xehanort says "Those who sumit to the darkness, are not qualified to wield the Keyblade." Maybe that's something new we have to take into consideration. In the Kingdom Hearts series, we've seen a few strong hearted individuals who have given into the darkness and may not have recieved a Keyblade. Characters like Diz (Ansem the Wise), Xehanort, the other five apprentices of Ansem the Wise, and Riku (during Kingdom Hearts and the most of Kingdom Hearts 2, he had no Keyblade).

In Kingdom Hearts, Riku did not recieve the Keyblade because he opened his heart to darkness. But we have a contradiction here. The alignment of the heart, does not determine the ability to wield the Keyblade. As someone who is evil, but has a strong heart capable of wielding a Keyblade, will wield one. The Keyblade Legend also hints that an evil person wrought chaos and ruin to the world. In Hallow Bastion (during Kingdom Hearts), Riku managed to reclaim the Kingdom Key from Sora.

So how do we explain Master Xehanort's claims? Well Darkness does not always have to mean evil, so maybe the wielder who wrought chaso and destruction to the world, infact did not wield the power of darkness exclusively.

That's one question answered, but how did Riku obtain the Kingdom Key in Hallow Bastion? Well perhaps at that moment, Riku merely used the strength of his heart to take over the Keyblade.

And the reason why Sora got the Keyblade back, was not because of the power his friends' gave him, strenghening his heart, it was because Riku tried to wield the weapon before Sora, therefore he got it back just in time.

So basically, the Keyblade is a weapon of light. Riku's darkness over shadowed his ability to wield one, up until the ending of Kingdom Hearts 2, when he finally began to balance his darkness out with light, making his powers neutral oncemore.

Keyblades exist in the realm of light, darkness, and inbetween. To wield them, the strong hearted individuals must not have become beings of darkness. Anyway, how does this connect to Master Xehanort you say? Well it has everything to do with him. Maybe he can't even wield a Keyblade for some lengths of time. He tells Terra about those who summit to darkness, maybe he's addressing hiself. At one time I'm sure he had the ability to wield the Keyblade, thus being considered a Master. But as his craving for darkness grew, his heart became too tainted, and he lost the Keyblade.

That's where Ven comes into play. Ven, who has the potential to wield the Keyblade, is Master Xehanort's next best bet, as he's young and inexperienced about the forces around him. Master Xehanort wants Ven's light, so he can claim the Keyblade once more. Master Xehanort tricks Ven into believing that he's losing the Keyblade and his light, but in actuality, Master Xehanort is the one who is taking it away from him. Ven is starting to change, Terra takes notices and asks Master Xehanort what he has done to Ven's heart. I assume Master Xehanort did not take away all of Ven's light, but just enough to provide himself with enough to wield the Keyblade.

This is not really a theory, but just some suggestions throwing out there. Not really sure how reliable my answers are, as there are probably some holes somewhere...

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
^Yeah I still have bit more things to say regarding Terra and this Master deal. The trailer opened up some interesting ideas, but also a lot of cliff hangers.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
This is a very good and thought-out theory! Good job!

RikusGaurdian

Nice theory! I could certainly be one explanation as to why MX compares Ven with darkness alot.

The only question now is, what is MX's ultimate goal? Kingdom Hearts? The true light?

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
The only question now is, what is MX's ultimate goal? Kingdom Hearts? The true light?

I made a big theory about his goal a while back. And yes, I do believe it has something to do with Kingdom Hearts, well that's what everyone else is assuming.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Anyway, I'm sure you all have talked about and discussed reasons why Master Xehanort has such a liking (need better word) to Ven. But perhaps we need to go a bit more in depth with it, as it may hold connections or keys to Master Xehanort's current status. We also noticed that Terra and Master Xehanort were once acquainted at one time or another, by the conversations they shared in the trailer.

Yeah, I'm thinking Terra was once MX's apprentice...

Perhaps Master Xehanort takes refuge in another world, outside the realm of light and the darkness. The realm inbetween? Well regardless, he wants Terra's help for something.

Castle Oblivion...? It has the same symbol on the front of the castle that is on MX's keyblade...

Terra refuses and says, he has a friend, but questions what has Xehanort done to his friend's heart. Terra is most certainly talking about Ven. Maybe the Keyblade (like always) has something to do with Master Xehanort's intentions regarding Ven.

Most likely...

Towards the end of the latest trailer, Master Xehanort says "Those who sumit to the darkness, are not qualified to wield the Keyblade." Maybe that's something new we have to take into consideration.

Well, we saw DS when he said this and he claims that DS is "a monster infused with darkness"...

In Kingdom Hearts, Riku did not recieve the Keyblade because he opened his heart to darkness. But we have a contradiction here. The alignment of the heart, does not determine the ability to wield the Keyblade.

Well, maybe since Riku submitted to the darkness, he wasn't "qualified" to wield it... That or Riku was already gone when the keyblade got to DI...

As someone who is evil, but has a strong heart capable of wielding a Keyblade, will wield one. The Keyblade Legend also hints that an evil person wrought chaos and ruin to the world.

MX...

In Hallow Bastion (during Kingdom Hearts), Riku managed to reclaim the Kingdom Key from Sora.

Well, his heart was stronger than Sora's at that moment...

So how do we explain Master Xehanort's claims? Well Darkness does not always have to mean evil, so maybe the wielder who wrought chaso and destruction to the world, infact did not wield the power of darkness exclusively.

Well, he said 'submit to darkness' not 'wield darkness'...

That's one question answered, but how did Riku obtain the Kingdom Key in Hallow Bastion? Well perhaps at that moment, Riku merely used the strength of his heart to take over the Keyblade.

Exactly...

And the reason why Sora got the Keyblade back, was not because of the power his friends' gave him, strenghening his heart, it was because Riku tried to wield the weapon before Sora, therefore he got it back just in time.

No, Sora's heart became stronger than Riku's...

So basically, the Keyblade is a weapon of light. Riku's darkness over shadowed his ability to wield one, up until the ending of Kingdom Hearts 2, when he finally began to balance his darkness out with light, making his powers neutral oncemore.

MX said they aren't qualified if they submit to darkness... Just because they wield darkness, does not mean they aren't qualified...

Keyblades exist in the realm of light, darkness, and inbetween. To wield them, the strong hearted individuals must not have become beings of darkness.

Then how is it, DS, "a monster infused with darkness", is able to wield a keyblade...?

Anyway, how does this connect to Master Xehanort you say? Well it has everything to do with him. Maybe he can't even wield a Keyblade for some lengths of time. He tells Terra about those who summit to darkness, maybe he's addressing hiself. At one time I'm sure he had the ability to wield the Keyblade, thus being considered a Master. But as his craving for darkness grew, his heart became too tainted, and he lost the Keyblade.

Yet he wields one in the secret ending, which Nomura stated takes place near the end, he he doesn't seem any less "dark"... Though MX could wield darkness, does not mean he sumbitted to it...

That's where Ven comes into play. Ven, who has the potential to wield the Keyblade, is Master Xehanort's next best bet, as he's young and inexperienced about the forces around him. Master Xehanort wants Ven's light, so he can claim the Keyblade once more. Master Xehanort tricks Ven into believing that he's losing the Keyblade and his light, but in actuality, Master Xehanort is the one who is taking it away from him. Ven is starting to change, Terra takes notices and asks Master Xehanort what he has done to Ven's heart. I assume Master Xehanort did not take away all of Ven's light, but just enough to provide himself with enough to wield the Keyblade.

It's possible... I, personally, think MX was after something else... But this does make sense...

N

*~NeoAdamus~*

good point Conqueror. It is possible that MX could be using Ven as a noose to bring Terra alongside him. Perhaps for some unknown plans having to do with KH.....who knows. Also legend tells that the weilder of the keyblade saved the world while another says he brought ruin and chaos upon it. King Triton nearly said these exact words, but it had more to do with the interference of other worlds. Along with the light of the keyblade came with darkness that followed, this doesn't have to be two ppl it can indeed be one

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Well, we saw DS when he said this and he claims that DS is "a monster infused with darkness"...

Its all confusing if you ask me. But did the DS give into the darkness, or become a product of someone's experiments? If he did not freely give into the darkness, he may hold a heart that's pure, while possessing a body corrupt with darkness. Then again, is that even possible?

No, Sora's heart became stronger than Riku's...

Yeah, that's the convient truth in my opinion, at least for now. Riku, who has given in to the darkness stole the Keyblade from Sora, which raises questions when hearing this new quote in the latest trailer. Donald and Goofy was by Sora's side right before he lost the Keyblade the first time. When Riku was in his dark form, Sora got the Keyblade back, while Donald and Goofy were at his side once again. Then again maybe I'm over thinking it.

MX said they aren't qualified if they submit to darkness... Just because they wield darkness, does not mean they aren't qualified...

True. I draw ties here.

Then how is it, DS, "a monster infused with darkness", is able to wield a keyblade...?

See first response.

Yet he wields one in the secret ending, which Nomura stated takes place near the end, he he doesn't seem any less "dark"... Though MX could wield darkness, does not mean he sumbitted to it...

By that time he discovers the light some way or another. That's my only possible explanation.

Game_Punk

Its all confusing if you ask me. But did the DS give into the darkness, or become a product of someone's experiments? If he did not freely give into the darkness, he may hold a heart that's pure, while possessing a body corrupt with darkness. Then again, is that even possible?

I think DS might be like Ansems guardian in KH1. He's controlled by MX, Also in the vids i saw DS was doing most of the asskicking, which would make him pretty UNimportant.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
^Something like it. But the DS's outfit is more of a mixture between the dark form and what we may assume is a nobody. So its like a dark infested vessel that not quite lost its body to the realm inbetween. A being that exist being the darkness and nothingness.

N

*~NeoAdamus~*

I thought nothingness was a part of darkness. It would be knid of unbelievable to be inbetween the inbetween right?

Game_Punk

^i always have had trouble with the whole Disney=Light and everything else is darkness. i think it be kool if they came out and said all the worlds are the realm in between Light and Darkness

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
No, all of the worlds that Sora visited (excluding TWTNW adn EOTW) are in the realm of light. In TWTNW, you hear Pete say, "Ooh! This in-between world is way too close to the darkness!!" So, really, the places we've visited are super-duper light, and TWTNW was just in-between. I wonder what a dark world looks like.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
I thought nothingness was a part of darkness.

There's light and there's the darkness. Inbetween is twilight. Then again, a sub section of inbetween could be nothingness, consisting of neither light nor darkness.

Game_Punk

No, all of the worlds that Sora visited (excluding TWTNW adn EOTW) are in the realm of light. In TWTNW, you hear Pete say, "Ooh! This in-between world is way too close to the darkness!!" So, really, the places we've visited are super-duper light, and TWTNW was just in-between. I wonder what a dark world looks like.

Yah but that doesn't make since if the worlds were pure light then there wouldn't be any heartless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back