• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

With Death Comes Crisis

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cicero

Visionary
Haven stayed silent under his cold stare. Sitting amidst the dense grass at a hill just outside the city, a man thought through his plan; a plan to set the changes to his own hand, for they were inevitable. It was the dawning of a new day, a new hour, a new chance to get his questions answered. He breathed in slowly, forgetting everything for a moment, as peace of mind was more than necessary. Today was the day.

Getting up; the dense fell from his clothes. It was cold, yes it was. He shuddered, stroke back his hair, and began to walk towards the enormous city still breathing controlled. Looking up to the globe over the city he saw a part of its substance break off. It fell down gathering speed and eventually crashed into a worn-down building in the slumps of the city, not to far from the border. People screamed, but without emotion Gabriel returned his attention to the path before him; it didn't matter to him whatsoever. Or no, it was even 'worse'; he just didn't notice it. Agony, pain, distress, or whatever that would sadden or hurt another being didn't draw his attention. Couldn't draw his attention, for he was immune to it. It didn't exist in his world, only he did.

Only for a moment had the man named Gabriel reached the city gates, or the guards ran off. Screams of battle from close had drawn their attention. They reached the battle as Gabriel passed through the gate unseen, but they soon returned unpleased. Gabriel wondered why the battle suddenly stopped. Might've been an evolved person that stopped the quarreling JTD and SOL footsoldiers, he didn't know, and he couldn't go to investigate. He had his own plan to execute. For it was today they he would kill him: the president and headman of the Aristocrates. Ha, yes, with the president gone the one force keeping peace within the city would be gone and a war would be inevitable.

All wheels had been set into motion, all conditions which were needed are here now. The perfect time to execute the first part of his plan: With Death Comes Crisis.

Last edited:

Essence of Elegy

How long shall you delve into time?
Awards
"Pathetic."

Chrain Grayford nudged at the scorched corpse of a SOL foot soldier. The bodies were everywhere actually, most of them obliterated by seething bolts of lightning or flames. Behind them the remaining JTD soldiers began looting the remains of their enemies. If Chrain hadn't stumbled upon the fight, the JTD might have lost. Might have. A simple column of electricity quickly disposed of them, one by one. They probably didn't expect him to show up, Chrain thought with a snicker.

Chrain quickly strode across the smoky field, to a nearby thicket of trees. He continued walking until he reached an alcove carved by nature's stonemason into a gigantic boulder. He sat in the alcove and sighed. Things were uninteresting these days. Nothing but minor fights, nothing big or tough. Not that he wanted something big or tough--that was why he left the scene. He didn't want some high and mighty SOL warrior trying to start a fight with him. No, he was way too lazy at the moment.

He had a bad feeling though, like sinister was coming really slowly and casually, as if it knew nothing could stop it. He'd only that feeling a few times, the last being when he accidentally swallowed a rotten grape tomato that was contaminated. He had a stomach virus for three days.

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
"Awww this is just a mess. I don't really condole all this fighting, but it has to happen I suppose." Reforge frowned and looked at the corpses of both his men and a faction he was supposed to despise. Not everyone was dead though some were clinging to life and others had managed to run and only be injured. He healed them all, merely consuming energy around him rather than from him to accelerate abnormal growth to heal them. Instead of them aging or losing life, they gained it instead. it was something he did without thinking these days, but he still was a bit concerned with the way the frequent attacks and rather disobedient soldiers wasn't helping S.O.L.'s cause at all.

He walked through the trees and saw a man, but didn't pay him any mind. "Today is just a day like any other." He said this aloud to himself, but still felt quite a bit of alarming information coming from the world itself. There was somebody with such a rampant and twisted aura that Reforge only knew that would cause quite a bit of terror later on, maybe even soon.

Taking literal flight, Reforge's wings expanded and flapped a few times before he soared through the skies and landed just outside his HQ, not really caring to question anybody at the time....."Damn, I hope those soldiers don't get killed before they made it back here. I am busy today."

Chimubar

Imma touch the sky
Tech thought for sure he was going to die. The young boy was lying on the ground, body electricuted with no possible chance of moving. This injury would've proved fatal to any thirteen year old boy; he was surprised that he hadn't lost conciousness yet. Tech didn't really know what happened. One moment he walked around the city nonchalalntly so he could get some parts, and the next moment he was on the ground his by a stray bolt of electricity. After a little bit Tech's vision started to blur; he knew that he was going to lose conciousness.

"Damn, this is a pretty pathetic way to die. If only I was on guard." He thought.

Once his eyes were about to close, he heard footsteps of another person. Although he couldn't move, once he felt his wounds healing he instantly knew who it was. The moment his motor skills started working again, he stood up and turned to Reforge/Embrace who was already starting to walk away.

"Thanks boss!" Tech yelled, though he seriously doubted that his leader heard him.

Looking around at all the other people who were starting to get up, Tech picked up a bag full of junk he was carrying and started walking back to the S.O.L HQ. It felt a little weird walking again, but he was just glad he was off of that cold ground. While walking through the forest he passed a man, probably the one who electricuted him. Tech glared at him for a second and then started walking off. He needed to thank his boss properly.

Reckless Brawler

“This is why I hate times of peace…” Spike said as he took a cigarette out of his jacket, “…everyday is so boring.” Spike took out his lighter and lit his cigarette. After a drag, he stood up from the bench he was sitting on and began walking toward the JTD HQ. Spike was a Reaper, but these days he did not feel like one. Missions seemed to be too easy or too boring for someone of Spike’s skill. The last mission was unacceptable to Spike’s standards so he choose not even to go. He had heard that Chrain was going anyway and even though he was a fellow Reaper, he annoyed Spike to no end.

“I’m sure he can handle whatever the SOL had to throw at him,” Spike said to himself, taking the cigarette out of his mouth. “And I’m sure he’ll be cocky about it too.”

Spike walked through the JTD part of Haven. He hated the fact that even though it was JTD territory humans, non-evolved humans, still littered the area. They cling to hope they think they will survive this evolutionary step towards perfection, when all that truly awaits them is oblivion.

“This is what nature fated them, and we the evolved, are fated to take them there.”

Last edited:

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Sitting at his desk, he looked on out the window looking down, down, down at the courtyard. The grunts or what he called the recruits and soldiers were out in the open commencing drills. As much as he wanted to say that they should've been raiding the streets, he'd already had his reapers out taking the seekers for basic training. To spread shackles and expand their talons into the other parts of Haven.

Garforge stopped, a force slithering in behind him moving like a shadow.

"Ah, Daraki, or should I say Svether, your sneak technique is lacking, you can't conceal your signature from me. Spectral as it may appear, its energy regardless."

"Awwww, your no fun Wolf! At least once just play along with my shenanigans."

Svether stuck his tongue out, such was the juvenile side he'd only showed to Wolf. Phasing up, his body was both intangible and transparent. Colorizing himself, he'd emerged three feet out of the ground, transforming, to his human state and wearing his mini outfit similar to his leader's.

"I thought I put you on reconnaissance duty?"

"Well Wolf, could you give me something less boring and a waste of resources? We've amassed human slaves within a good grasp, without SOL interferance becoming such a nuisance of late, how about showing them some attention?"

"Sounds like an excuse for getting out of your assignment. Though I can't say your no completely without talent when it comes to acting...like a nag."

"HEEEEEY!"

"Calm down, it wasn't like that, only meant to be partially insulting. If anything else, I do have another assignment for you. You should listen closely though, its not that much different from what I had you doing before."

"Oh joy, just stick me with something boring again like watching someone...wait, who am I watching?"

"Hehehe, you'll actually enjoy this one. Daraki. Suspicious activity among the local riots, keeping a close eye to pull the trigger and escalate a mini domino effect. Currently haven is in a mess with S.O.L. and JTD crossfire, there is human containment and in their case, human liberation. Your aware of the break in reports by S.O.L. are you not?"

"Of course, i don't know why we have low level soldiers keeping watch, at least put a few seekers down there, it never hurts." he puffed his cheeks.

"I plan on bugging communications to the grunts of S.O.L for better intel. Now as for your hand, my senses and outsourcing human spies masquerading as regular civilians kept my third eye with S.O.L as well as anything else suspicious, i just have my thoughts. The riots that errupted between contrasting soldiers suddenly stopped, it's unknown, but some conspicuous phenomemon was seen by a civilian only so briefly, it's no idea as to his intentions, so I want to send my ghost or shadow to lurk within his."

"Huh? Your shadow? Thats a pretty busted metaphor."

"You've got your assignment, theres a reason you were given the title of 'The Anti-Crisis' now don't let it be a title taken in vain, prevent it before it starts."

"Sir."

He phased through Garforge flying out of the window.

"What sort of trigger are you trying to pull....not even the faintly heard or seen can escape my eyes or ears..."

The core drill around his neck fluttered as the window blew open and a vibrant yet fluorescent green-yellow color radiated spiraling from his chest, then around him.

Essence of Elegy

Awards
Hmm, a kid trying to stare me down like I was some senile old man...oh yeah, that's an SOL. Probably a rookie, too, by the looks of him...ah whatever.

Chrain rose from the alcove, pretending to have not noticed the passing SOL soldier as he headed in a separate direction, to the JTD HQ, to be exact. The feeling of uneasiness went with him, like a dense fog over his head or a malevolent spirit. At this, Chrain thought of Daraki. He sneered. Malevolent, my ass.

He entered a sloped field, deserted for a while after the riots a couple days ago. Knives were dug into the ground, a rather symbolic message as to the transpired events that had occurred. Even the soil smelled tainted, like it couldn't bear the spiritual stain of corpses. Frankly, Chrain just thought they smelled bad, especially after he roasted them. His feet crunched on springy turf after he vaulted over a fell tree. He had just reached the crest of a knoll when he saw somebody he knew: Spike Savage, another Reaper and a frequent smoker. Chrain might have ignored him, had he not seen the apparitional force gliding away from the window of ol' Wolf.

"Daraki's on another mission, eh?" he said aloud, wondering if perhaps it had anything to do with the dread he felt. Nah, that was only in the old stories.

Reckless Brawler

“Well speak of the devil,” Spike said to himself. He noticed Chrain was also returning to HQ, he noticed Chrain because of Chrain remarking out-loud to the sight of Daraki flying out Wolf’s window. Spike dropped his finished cigarette and reached into the inner pocket of his jacket. Spike pulled out another cigarette and his lighter; as he lit his cigarette, he began walking towards Chrain. He stopped when he found himself standing next to Chrain; he rested his free hand on the handle of his katana. Spiked looked around and saw the soilders and seekers training.

"Huh, if this is the future then we Reapers are gonna have a lot of work ahead of us," he said to himself.

Spike took a drag of his cigarette then exhaled, he watched as Daraki fly off into the distance. Of all the Reapers Spike found Daraki the hardest to understand. Chrain was here for the fame, and he knew that he himself was in the JTD for his hate of humans and pleasure of chaos. But what of Daraki, what did the JTD offer him that was so enticing. Spike had to chalk it up to Wolf's charisma, their always somthing about Wolf the way he talked it really had a way of making you see things on his side. Spike's eye had still not left the image of Daraki flying away even with one eye missing Spike's eye sight was still the best in the JTD probably in all of Aiden.

“Well it looks like someone finally got a good mission,” Spike said to Chrain, taking another drag of his cigarette.

“Hopefully we can get so lucky and receive the same reward. Lately we have been given second, no, third rate missions that degrade our abilities."

Spike took one last drag of his cigarette and then dropped it. “By the way how did the last mission go? I was planning on backing you up, but I felt that a mission such that did not require my presence along with yours.”

Last edited:

Cicero

Visionary
Sounds from already far away notified Gabriel of the aftermath of the quarrel he had witnessed. A movement to his left, shifts in the shadows on the right, and noise all around him: his senses were highend till the max as he strolled forward slowly. He moved his hands and arms like in a trance while walking; following the music he heard in his head. He felt every power in the city tense their thinking, as everyone must've felt the beginning of this day and the upcoming crisis.

As the highest building still standing straight in his old grandeur: the City Hall arose before Gabriel in awe. There always lay a certain feeling around this building, like somethign was about to happen; being the place where everything happened. The guards are patrolling around it 24-7, and they are all capable Evolved. A fine enemy indeed, and a good guard. But as a solid rule in any world controlled by humans; connections get you wherever you want.

Gabriel stopped with the weird movement of his arms, and shuddered to loosen his muscles. He took a long breath in and enjoyed the moment as he approached the tall building: how easy would this be. About two months ago he met a man who knew a man who knew a man who knew a man. Of course, Gabriel could've started closer to the person he wanted to reach, but his experience taught him that it was always best to start as far off as possible and work your way up. Thus, he had first approached Hammu, a street thug getting his bread by running errands for the higher ups. He had helped him with a small thing; some other thug pestering Hammu. An easy kill. And just like that, Hammu opened up to Gabriel; telling him everything he needed to know about the crime organisation he was about to get himself involved with.

After that first encounter and information it was easy for Gabriel to scout out his next target within the organisation. Same thing happened; he helped the man with some minor issue and won information. Doing this for weeks, his name became known to the underground circuit of low-life thugs. Why he involved himself with those criminal-wanabee's, not even Evolved, was a simple reason: they have connections with the guards at city hall. Those guards, trying to keep the peace in the hall at all times, need to have a good source to know what's happening in the city. With the Factions as well as the normal human crime syndicates. And well, to be frank, it was impossible for Gabriel to infiltrate a faction of Evolved people, especially those run by the mysterious Wolf and Embrace, of whom he actually knew too little. Thus, the choice to infiltrate a human crime syndicate was easily made.

Soon Gabriel came in contact with one of the guards, and from that moment on...it all went fairly quick. Seeking out those rotten, hatred-filled souls within the neutral army, Gabriel found the recruits he was looking for. What wasn't more appropriate than forming a new Faction with the army from someone you just killed? Gabriel loved irony.

Standing infront of the huge City Hall, Gabriel walked to the left and entered a shady ally close to the building: one of his new friends within the neutral army was waiting there.

'Time to get this over with.'

Last edited:

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
On the rooftop, he landed ever so gracefully. Dashing across the abandoned building tops, Daraki had been passing straight through the walls and without the slightest bit of hesitation. This was what the kid called, 'mission mode' or something really badly labeled but he didn't care. When he took it seriously, it was like a bad classic 007 montage for him. As he reached a dead end, he twist leaped into an alley, wall hiking twice and hitting the ground as quietly as possible.

"Hmmm, nothing out of the ordinary...just...civilians and a really big building...ugh, don't tell me he lied again."

Some normal guy already standing there, nothing too unusual about that, its not like he'd never seen something like druggies and what not. Of course Daraki didn't make his presence known being so quiet. It was then his attention was caught by the more grandly sized buildings. Ducking behind a trashcan, he moved his head from it and payed close attention to the crowd of people. He thought about what wolf said with the "domino effect" likely to be connected to something that wasn't seized by the JTD just yet. Something still with sovereignty to the humans or perhaps SOL. In his daydreaming, someone else entered the alley, realizing this he hyped into his transparent form.

'Hmmm, another one? '

He then gave it some thought, but he had to remain professional, merely watching two consorting in an alley was suspicious enough. At the same time, why would they stroll into an alley? He'd found his own reason for watching this activity. Hiding himself and being so small, it wasn't likely he'd be spotted right away.

Last edited:

Hazen Gregory

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
It seemed that things were going smoothly, but they seriously were not. "What the hell is taking them so long??" Meta slumped over a desk, referring to the engineer whom he had advised to see him. "I wonder if its because I'm green?? Nah."

With Reforge out and about Meta had to tie up loose ends for both PROJECT EXA and PROJECT ORSA, but first more data needed to be tested and pointless scuffles cut down before too many people died. Meta scowled and waited. "In 3 minutes I swear!!"

Endless Warrior Sora

Return of the Kid
Awards
Aiku Seeker felt pain all over. It all happened so fast. He didn't expect to be on the floor that quickly. He rolled over onto his stomach and saw the people who cause all this destruction. He struggled to stand and staggered at that. He held his sword firm in both his hands. His forehead had a cut that bled over his right eye and down his cheek. His arms were bleeding also. His clothes were torn. He clenched he teeth and gave a scream. The pain was too much. Aiku lay there, beside all those corpses. These images would haunt his memory forever. This isn't the type of thing that a 13 year old should be exposed to. He breathed in and out slowly. His breaths becoming uneven and hoarse. He couldn't stay here. He had to get back to base. But how? No, he wouldnt be draftedih here just to die! Then his life would be meaningless. And he didn't want ot feel like that anymore. He slowly got to his feet, and staggered. Pain shot through his body. His heart skipped a beat. He thought they came to finish him off, but that was just his body telling him to quit. But he wouldn't listen to his body. Stuck his sword into the ground and used it as a sort of a cane to pull him along the road. He had no idea where e was going. He just knew that he had to go somewhere.

After walking for about 15 minutes, Aiku succumbed to his body. He fell to the ground. Not knowing where he was he looked to the sky. "Long live SOL..." He said, as his vision became blurrier and blurrier.

Last edited:

Essence of Elegy

Awards
“By the way how did the last mission go? I was planning on backing you up, but I felt that a mission such that did not require my presence along with yours.”

"You felt right," Chrain said as he continued towards the HQ. "It was another facile mission, referring to what you said. They looked like a bunch of rookies--I even saw a couple kids. He played with a few sparks of electricity between his thumb and forefinger. Lightning was his favorite weapon out of all of them; he just enjoyed the prospect of rapidity combined with raw power. The two qualities went well together, though it was a pair not often found in things besides electricity.

At that moment he came upon a kid lying on the threshold of unconsciousness. He didn't remember him on the battlefield. He was brutally wounded, with injuries that lightning didn't normally afflict. Did he hit him? Chrain crouched down and glanced back at Spike.

"How does Wolf feel about prisoners?"

--------------------------

OOC: Hey Cicero, whatever you're planning, do it quick, cause things are pretty uneventful :/

Hazen Gregory

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
"I had just got back to our HQ ya know." S.O.L's leader touched down and stared at Chrain, only glanced at Spike. "It might be apparent that I know things I shouldn't, but he is coming with me." Already Aiku was healing, but he was quite near death and so Reforge gently scooped him up.

He needed other treatment and tests run. "Aiku it will be alright," his gaze shifted. "I doubt you 2 will bother to try and stop me." He began to walk away without another word.....

afrobutt

Silver Member
Down in a quiet section of Haven, a small bar was placed snugly in it's skeleton. The Blues Locust, as it was called, was well known for having one of Haven's better jazz bands, hence the name. The bar's design was fairly basic; imitation-wood paneling on the floors, walls, and ceiling. Jet black tables jutted up from the floor, with matching chairs. The bar was made of one room, dim, blue lights casting it into navy themed serenity. The lighting blended well with the smooth rhythm of the band and the tipsy swirl of customers.

Unfortunatly, the bar is better known for atmosphere rather then the drinks, one customer thought solemnly, swirling a cup of water in synch with the bass of the music. Rayden licked his lips, more interested in the patrons around him then the actual quality of his beverage. Counting himself, there were 10 other people in the bar. 4 musicians sat in the middle, each adding an individual seasoning to the room. Musicians, whilst playing, tasted rather dull themselves, being too wrapped up in their music to let personal feelings through. It was what they did to others that attracted Rayden to such places. The cymbals on the drums bring listeners to attention, keeping them with the music. The saxophone charms out each individuals more favorable tastes. And the cello mixes it all together, allowing forbidden flavor to ooze out.

The bartender/owner stood behind his counter, mind flitting away with worries and anxiety. The seasonings of jazz did nothing with his taste, having been sprinkled with it for ages, he was dulled. Every so often his gaze would direct itself to Rayden, no doubt wondering if he was ordering anything else. Rayden swept past him to the 2 pairs of hired muscle. Both were relatively tasteless, minds only swaying with the tempo of the song. A businessman sat in the furthest corner from the door; no doubt attempting to escape the harsh reality of his company. Guilt, suspicion, and jealousy boiled in his soul, ingredients that were common in the city of Haven.

Only one captured Rayden's attention, a young woman on a date with her boyfriend. They were chatting casually over the jazz, both seeming rather content with their evening. But Rayden could taste their true flavors underneath. The man was currently tasting like the slow beat of jazz, but there will still traces of doubt and suspicion that had sunken down to the edge of his thoughts. And for good reason, the woman was alive with flavors of excitement (tanged with the acknowledgement of wrong-doing), disgust for the seemingly ignorant man she was sitting with, and all spiced with horny desire. Watching the girl flip her black hair, Rayden couldn't deny how wonderful she tasted. Her eyes scanned the room, looking for a clock, when she met Rayden's own eyes. For a moment, her taste was bleached with shock, which soon recovered to a sort of curiosity. Playing the role of forbidden fruit, Rayden licked his upper lip once, snapping his teeth together just as his tongue had retreated back into his mouth. The woman smiled slightly, attention turning back to her date yet still darting to himself from time to time.

Rayden took a sip of water, rather pleased with himself. Despite being disgusting creatures, he could not help but flirt from time to time. Attracted woman just tasted so good. Coming back from the buzz of the woman, Rayden noted the bartender heading towards his table. "You planning on ordering anything else bub?", he asked, foot tapping to the beat of impatience rather then jazz. "If I said I wasn't?".
"I'd have to ask you to leave", the man replied, signaling the two guards.
"And if I said I was comfortable?", Rayden replied, putting on a sweet smile.
The man said nothing in response, pointing Rayden out to the two large men as he walked away. "Show the smart-ass the door". The two men nodded, slowly reaching towards Rayden.
"Come on buddy", one said in a rough accent, "Time to move on". Just as his hand landed on Rayden's arm, his other hand snapped up to his face, delivering a quick jab to his jaw. The band immediately stopped playing (though the drummer, possibly amused, began a quick beat on his cymbals), the distrusting businessman was crawling towards the door. The boyfriend stood uncertainly between his girlfriend and Rayden, no doubt wondering if his male pride required him to assist the two men. The girl was partly embarrassed by her partner's pathetic attempt at masculinity, yet she was also focusing intensely on Rayden, female hormones bubbling up with excitement.
"Do...not...touch me.... scum", Rayden said, sitting up and rolling his arms. He hadn't wanted to start a fight, but the bartender's tone had left a bad taste. The other man began to fester with rage and fear, making slow steps over to Rayden. Rayden delivered a quick one, two to the man's weak guard, catching him in the ribs with a hard kick from the side. The man crumpled down, holding his (possibly) broken ribs.

Rayden felt the first man regain his bearings, angry from being caught off-guard before. Naively thinking he could catch him by surprise, the man aimed a slow, untrained punch for the back of Rayden's head. He dodged it simply, curving his body so it was just out of the punch's radius. With a final blow, Rayden gripped the man arm, and tossed him over his back into the band of jazz players; cello protesting loudly as the man broke through it's sturdy frame and tender strings. The room was overflowing with the taste of nerves and danger.
"You should've just let me drink my water", Rayden said to the bartender, who was quickly dialing for police assistance. A useless effort, as if the law could stop a superior human such as himself. Chuckling, Rayden made for the exit.

As he reached the door, his body swiveled, foot catching the unfortunate boyfriend (who had been attempting to catch him from behind with a concealed weapon) in the nose and sending him to the floor. A spurt of blood erupted from his nostrils, a small drop landing on Rayden's right hand. The boyfriend hit the floor with a thump, groaning nasally on the ground. The girlfriend's attention stayed on her boyfriend for a moment, and then up to Rayden. He caught her gaze again and then, with a curt smile, licked the blood off of his glove and walked off. Before he left the door, he savored the rich, spicy taste of her female desire.

Deadshot

Aleksei lounged around the terraces of SOL HQ watch tower, kicked back in a chair with eyes closed and feeling the cool breeze brushing along his neck. Few batches of cumulus glided across the Aiden skies, with the sun piercing through the fluffy rift above and blessing the majestic mountainous terrain afar. Aleksei rose from his chair with his eyes still closed and approached the terrace railing. Then, opened his eyes to savor the grand view of Haven from above, a sight granted only to those who climbed the highest point of the city: the SOL HQ watch tower.

Haven basked under the spring skies, reflecting the soft sunlit glow back into the heavens. Aleksei surveyed the city admiring the post-Romanesque architecture that dominated Haven: colonnaded bridges and streets, colorful villages, and perennial hanging gardens that complemented the harmony of Physisdom. Shimmery spots dotted parts of the city which one could make out to be the grand fountains that are connected to the system of aqueducts. Towering statues of heroes past guarded the perimeter of the city, sculptures of stoic faces in dramatic poses as if to eternally defend its people from the barbarians of the outer world. It was a shining city of ivory and marble reminiscent of Ancient Earth, but flowing with the ironclad force of technology and spiritual schisms -- signs of the uncertain future.

He'd dream forever, Aleksei thought, only from above. Once he descended down the HQ apex, he would remember that on the ground, crime syndicates and JTD's minions roamed Haven, even commoners and humans -- evolved or not -- bickered from their clashing ideologies. While the world was Aiden, the wars and spiritual conflicts were reminiscent of Ancient Earth. Aleksei snapped out of his musings, and descended back into the interior wings of HQ.

It was quiet, and creeping through the halls, each of his footsteps on the marble floors echoed within the arched interior of SOLs colossal hallways, alerting anyone within the vicinity that there was someone roaming around. Aleksei wasn't sure if Meta summoned him or Tech for Project EXA or ORSA, but he wanted to avoid him until he could find a snack to eat.

Aleksei prayed Meta wouldn't pounce on him today: The tip-tapping of footsteps made him obvious in the sunlit halls, but Meta wasn't bound to the laws gravity.

Hazen Gregory

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Meta had been alarmed to see Reforge come and go so quickly, but it was normal. His boss and comrade did what was needed inside, but also did major field work. "Whatever, I'll get him myself." He headed toward the branching interior hall that led to the grand watch tower, only to find Aleksei. Meta lazily floated up to him, arms folded.

"I thought we were gonna do luch," the man's voice was mellow and soft. "This' important. I asked you and Tech not to leave."

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Garforge, after sending Daraki on assignment, roamed down the hall of JTD's hidden confines. While the reapers were away, the seekers would play and do some damage in the training zone unhindered. Garforge allowed this to appease his amusement on how they were so abnormally strong, but no quite reaper level. His arms folded, he watched the massive monitor outside the concealed training chamber. A clipboard in his hand, a few test were being run, of course he had vitals of an ordinary human slave comparing them to a seeker while running his diagnostics.

"Start the simulation, survival program No.236."

Signaling the start, the chamber projected a simulated environment. The seeker to the human in surviving the battlefield with SOL soldier amidst a massive attack measure a great distance away from headquarters. To keep this short and to the point, it was a bloody mess. Within no less than a couple of minutes, the human test subject had been blown apart as the seeker with his heightened agility was hanging in. Inspiring endurance, but it appeared as though he wouldn't last long. Cornered by armed soldiers, guns a blazing, in a last ditch effort, and this was the cake, but the seeker actually escape untold death and eradicated the remaining resistance. Left panting for air.

"I've seen enough. Send clean-up in to take care of the human splatter on the wall, seriously, do we live in a barn here?"

The surviving seeker was quickly dispatched to the infirmary.

"Our boys are getting there, alright next test."

Reckless Brawler

Spikes predictions of the difficulty of the last mission proved to be right. Chrain explained of a light skirmish and how mixed up with the SOL’s solider were kids. It figures that an organization like the SOL would humor a kid and make him part of an organization. While Chrain continued his story on what had happened, Spike and Chrain came up upon a kid. The kid’s body was riddled with cuts and slashes Spike knew that Chrain did not leave marks like this and that begged to question what did.

“Who is this kid?” Spiked question to himself.

Chrain examined the kid for a few minutes then finally questioned Spike, “Do you think Wolf takes prisoners.”

If that was not enough, Embrace the grand leader of the SOL came out of the sky and landed right next to both Chrain and Spike. Spike had to emit that he was dumbfounded for a second, but only for a second as his instincts kicked right in afterwards.

Embrace looked down at the kid, then looked back at Chrain and Spike and said,

"It might be apparent that I know things I shouldn't, but he is coming with me." If that was not a big enough kick to the ego, Embrace continued with "I doubt you two will bother to try and stop me." On any other day, Spike would just leave it go, let Embrace walk away and take his lackey. This day however had been so boring that he ached for a little bit of action.

“Ya know Embrace this move is arrogant even for you. Just because you are leader of your so-called Soldier’s of Life does not make you untouchable. Even if we cannot kill you, look around, you’re in JTD territory I am sure that one of our spies has already seen you and is reporting it as we speak.”

Spike began taking off his sports jacket, before fights he did not want his clothing to get torn up so that he would not be able to wear his clothes again, plus he did not want to ruin his smokes.

“This means that Wolf will be here soon and it will be fun for you. For now, you will just have to settle with dealing with two Reapers.”

Spike turned back to Chrain gave a smirk and said,

“What do you say Chrain feel like having some fun.”

Last edited:

Hazen Gregory

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
The name amused him. Reforge wasn't angry, but he didn't miss a beat. "You want to fight me. I won't bother to waste time. Don't be angry." His eyes glowed and all of the man's fingers and toes fused. The pain was no doubt beyond belief.

His body would keep changing and warping. The injured teen floated high in the air and Reforge opened his wings, his hand without the static glowed. "You want to go on??"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back