• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

General ► Work Stories | Griefs | Laughs

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
I didn't see a topic like this anywhere so to hell with it. This threads mainly for sharing any work or job-related stories you wanna share. Sometimes we've had bad days, sometimes we had something we accomplished happen to us at work that was pivotal or life-changing. Other times something hilarious happened on the job and maybe someone else reading your story could use a laugh, spread that good will ya dig?

Not really gonna set any ground rules here, just gonna ask you use your best judgement is all.

A couple years ago I used to stock overnight at walmart. The area I worked in was notorious for having faulty electric and every so often we'd experience a brown out or power-surge and stuff would go in and out for like at most 30 seconds. One time, it had be around 11 at night, and the power completely went out entirely. Someone also pulled the fire alarm as a way to direct people towards the entrance of the store. Naturally, we're all working. People just whipped out their phones, turned the flashlights on, and continued to shop. There's no Auxiliary power, there's no working registers, but I see stuff still going into carts despite it being pitch black and the fire alarm is going off. The people we did manage to direct towards the front were just forming lines in front of the registers. Naturally, management gets all this de-escalation training and normally they'd call out whatever "code" on the intercom, but no power so no intercom. They came out with megaphones and had to tell everyone that due to the power outage and no ETA on it coming back on, everyone had to safely depart from the building. These people were livid (understandable) and just left the carts were they were and headed to their cars in the pitch black parking lot. The staff waiting about 3 more hours after we placed everything back from the carts left behind from the people that left before we got power back. The people that actually sat there and waited 3 hours (since we were a 24hr facility) were some gigachads or something. It smoothed out after that, but something is hilarious about watching people just ignore a fire alarm and a black out and just shop like nothing is happening.

Back