• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

WTF Axel's name?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vidaxd

What's up with Axel's real name?

I could've swoooorn

somewhere I read that it was Ale. Because Nomura wanted to tie in Reno...his favorite drink being Ale.

I dunno. I'm not upset or anything..it's just I've told a few people what it was...and now I see/hear it's something else. I feel retarded now. And that whole little explanation...i kinda made it seem like I knew what I was talking about.

I'd write it in here, but I don't want others who haven't beaten it to see it...and I don't know how to do the little hide spoiler thingy

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
He did say it would be related to it, but apparently he wanted to put a spin on it. I think it's no longer a spoiler... It's circulated alot around here.

State

Awards
He did say it would be related to it, but apparently he wanted to put a spin on it. I think it's no longer a spoiler... It's circulated alot around here.

kh days spoiler rule is still in effect, ask a mod/admin when this rule will expire.
reading "lea" sounds feminine, but when you pronounce it (according to saix) it sounds less feminine.

Vidaxd

Not so much...related to it. I mean...anyone coulda figured that out ...with the whole x in the name deal.

Oh well. Axel's still badass in my book. I just...don't like how he's turning out to be in this game. Not really who I figured him to be. Though...I can tell he doesn't really wanna do it in the end.

I do enjoy the game however. Though my heart still goes to Chain of Memories. That one's still my favorite.

State

Awards
Not so much...related to it. I mean...anyone coulda figured that out ...with the whole x in the name deal.

Oh well. Axel's still badass in my book. I just...don't like how he's turning out to be in this game. Not really who I figured him to be. Though...I can tell he doesn't really wanna do it in the end.

I do enjoy the game however. Though my heart still goes to Chain of Memories. That one's still my favorite.

anyone could've figured it could've been "ale" or "ael" or "ela" or "eal" or "lae" or "lea", but there were a lot of names, meaning one of them had to be the true one now, who would've though it was the "feminine looking" name for a male character?

wait 'till the end of the game and kh2.

kthanksbai.

Killa DeX

Circa Old Valendian 706
Wait i just saw tht cutscene i didnt know he was refering to Axel damn thts his name cool

Oathkeeper16

yeah.. i had spoiled myself and watched it. I was sooo confused when i saw his true name... it kinda sounds like it would be a girl's name:96:

TraverseTown123X

I think "Lea", pronounce "Lee" was the best choice. I think that their new names shouldn't start with the same letter as their old name. I can picture it now...

Xemnas: It's time to name you, No. XIII
Roxas: OK.
Xemnas: Hmmmm. I like Sorax.

And for the record, "Ael" is an actual name. And I'm bucking from Saix's name is to Asi or Ais.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
Pfft, Axel's name is spelt girly but is said manly.
HAAAAAAAAAA.
Well, Nomura sure shocked us on that one right?

D∆NTE

Cod 6 online profile (lizymans)
Terra will always be my favourite, he could kick axels but any day:lol::lol:

C

Canis_Cantus

I actually thought his name would be Ale. I admit I actually had a laughter fit when I heard it was Lea. Anyways at least its pronounced Lee, and not Lee-ah.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I dunno. I'm not upset or anything..it's just I've told a few people what it was...and now I see/hear it's something else. I feel retarded now. And that whole little explanation...i kinda made it seem like I knew what I was talking about.

I TOTALLY know how you feel. I was so so sure I knew how it would be pronounced, had all explanations and everything, and then the dub came out and I was wrong. Felt... retarded. Aaagh.

I still wonder why 'Marluxia' is said 'Marloosha' following the Japanese pronounciation, when Axel's name doesn't follow the Japanese pronounciation... oh well. Wrong is wrong.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah... that's true. But usually it's just the pronounciation of the vowels that get changed in situations like that. With Axel's other's name, a whole syllable was dropped. Oh well, it's not really that big a deal. I just felt stupid afterwards.

horsy_whisper

eeh haven't played up to there but knew ages ago anyway...
i think it's actually alright...
i mean at least it's not pronounced the feminine way ._.
<3 axel whatever his real name was though =]
although i would really love to see what his somebody looks like!

A

Audo

eeh haven't played up to there but knew ages ago anyway...
i think it's actually alright...
i mean at least it's not pronounced the feminine way ._.
<3 axel whatever his real name was though =]
although i would really love to see what his somebody looks like!
His somebody looks exactly the same way his Nobody does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back