• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Yakuza: Of The End

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macabre

Gold Member
Sega didn't show any screenshots or even say if it is Yakuza 5 or not but apparently it's story continues after Yakuza 4.
From IGN:

There's yet another Yakuza game in development over at Sega's Tokyo headquarters.

Yeah, the PSP one, right?

Actually, no. It turns out the PSP one that was announced earlier this year is just a spinoff (to be fair, Sega said this was the case all along). The new Yakuza game, announced in this week's Famitsu, appears to be the next true entry in the series to follow Yakuza 4. Like that game, it's in development for PlayStation 3.

The new game is currently without a name or much in the way of details. Speaking with Famitsu, series director Toshihiro Nagoshi said that development on the new game has been progressing simultaneous with PSP's Black Panther: New Yakuza Story. Designed with the concept of "Destruction," it will retain the three pillars of the series -- drama, adventure and battle -- but will make some major changes at the core level.

Apparently, these changes are so major that Sega's staff got into fistfights. Okay, okay -- we're making up the fistfight part. But Nagoshi did say that his staff members have been getting into heated arguments over the changes. (It would be neat if there were fistfights too).

Nagoshi wouldn't say for sure if the new game will have a 5 in the title. In fact, we actually know just two solid pieces of info about the new game.

First, it will have Goro Majima as a playable character. If you've only casually played or read about the Yakuza games, you'll recognize Goro from his eye patch. He's a fan favorite character, and Nagoshi says that he's wanted to do a game with him as a main character for some time now, as as his personality has the potential for a unique story.

The other bit we're sure about is that the new Yakuza will draw its lineup of in-game hostesses from real girls who win a series of auditions (judged by Nagoshi himself, of course). Yakuza 4 had a similar promotion. Sega actually announced this second round of hostess auditions earlier this year, and many assumed it was for the PSP Yakuza game. Nope -- it's for this new PS3 title.

We'll get our first real look at the new Yakuza at the Tokyo Game Show. Nagoshi said the game would arrive at a time period that fans would want.

Black Panther hits PSP in a rare September release for the series. All past entries have been Spring events in Japan, so we're going to anticipate seeing Majima in the starring role early next year.

That's in Japan, of course. In America, we presumably have to get Yakuza 4 and Black Panther first.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1102924p1.html

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Re: New Yakuza Game for PS3

Although I enjoyed Yakuza 3 very much, I was kind of annoyed by the fact that Sega edited the game up the ying yang. As for Yakuza 4 they listened it seems and have left most of the Japanese elements intact. I don't care too much for the PSP version but I cant wait for 4. I wont even think about the 5th Yakuza because we havent even seen 4 state side yet. Sucks having to wait a year after Japan for each game's release though.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

[VIDEO=YOUTUBE;RhMJ7qgSKhU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhMJ7qgSKhU[/VIDEO]

Macabre

Gold Member

new-yakuza-game-features-zombies

Yeah, zombies in the new Yakuza game.
And all I have to say to that is... FUCK YEAH ZOMBIES.
New Yakuza Game Features Zombies

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Yeah, I saw the scans from famitsu on another site. I.......

I don't know what to think. HOW?? This better just be a silly spin off of the Yakuza series because it really makes absolutely no sense. I can't imagine this being canon.

But I really like Yakuza, so I will wait and see.

Faris

Perfect Harmony
Having never played a previous game, do zombies at all play a part in them? Or was it more the developers being like what would make this game better, is zombies.

Macabre

Gold Member
HOW?? This better just be a silly spin off of the Yakuza series because it really makes absolutely no sense. I can't imagine this being canon.

It must be a spinoff. If it isn't then I wonder what drugs the developers are taking.

Having never played a previous game, do zombies at all play a part in them?

Nope, not at all. Which is why everyone is so surprised by this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back