• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Yu Yu Hakusho

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Apostle

Well, here in American we are in the last season. And it restarted during the last battle with Senobu Sensui. I hate how the leave people hanging.

R K O

The Apostle said:
Well, here in American we are in the last season. And it restarted during the last battle with Senobu Sensui. I hate how the leave people hanging.
What are you talkin about?

SPOILERS!!!!

The last season of YYH is about another Tournament only for those who are Rank A or S. It's basically on who gets to run the Demon/Youkai world.
After it's all over, they continue on with their lives. Hiei decides to stay with this woman in the demon world. Yukina NEVER found out Hiei is her brother. The others just continue with their school lives. I think Kurama stayed in the human world.

P

Princesskairi13

all the episodes are out on dvd so does that answer your question

RubiAngel

Terrell, yeah, all the DVD's are released before the episodes are shown on Cartoon Network. This is because CN has to edit the episodes before they are them. This is also the same reason that the DVD's are much better than the CN airings.

Thus far, I've seen everything except the Makai Tournament, and I'm about to order the DVD's for it in about two weeks (as soon as I get my check...) YYH is definately the best anime from the early 90's (I believe it ended in '94).

Does anyone here own any of the OST's? I wondered because I own Music Battle 1, Music Battle 3, and the Sai-Kyou Best Selection albums. I love "Eternal Requiem," "Eye to Eye," "Like a Wind in the Wilderness," and "Our Season."

RubiAngel

dark_palladin said:
how far have the DVD's gotten up to? last time i saw one was when it was all about Hiei's story and what he had to go through in Makai.

We are up to DVD Volume 29 "Bandits and Kings" which has the following three episodes on it:

101. Reunion Of The Bandits
102. Torn Between Identities
103. Inheritance

I haven't been able to see them yet, but I'm fixing to order them...
It's an addiction... :eek:

P

Princesskairi13

Terrell Taylor said:
yes i dose but how can they put them out before they show them on tv

THEY SHOWED ALL THE EPISODES IT'S FROM 1992

RubiAngel

Princesskairi13 said:
THEY SHOWED ALL THE EPISODES IT'S FROM 1992

Yes, all the episodes aired in JAPAN, but you have to consider that most people in the US watch it on Cartoon Network. CN has NOT shown all the episodes, because Funimation (the company with the rights to YYH [just as a note, Funimation was just bought by Navarre Corp.]) hasn't finished dubbing all the episodes. Plus, after the dubbing and releasing of each DVD/Saga is done, Cartoon Network then goes in and edits some of the show, whether it is to cut out the more mature parts or cut filler footage.

Cartoon Network has shown up to near the end of the Chapter Black Saga, so there is still one more saga (The Makai Tournament) for them to show. I'm personally looking forward to the final episode "To the Future" (originally titled "Forever! Yu Yu Hakusho")which is set a few years later, and shows what happened to/is happening with each member of the Reikai Tantai. They've shown it once on July 14, 2004, but I missed it... :(

P

Princesskairi13

you could of watched it in 1992 you were born unlike me and cartoon network edits out all the cursing

Funky Bear

Sexy Chocolate
Nooooooooo! u idiot(j/k) now I know how the whole series ends! wait... nevermind I jus tforgot someone told me how ended! It sucks that the series ha dot end like dat it's like a freaking rerun of Dragon Ball GT!

RubiAngel

Princesskairi13 said:
you could of watched it in 1992 you were born unlike me and cartoon network edits out all the cursing

Read this very carefully:

They only showed Yu Yu Hakusho in JAPAN in 1992. The reasons I didn't watch it then is because #1) I was only 8, and didn't really like anime and #2) I don't get any channels from Japan!!!

Yu Yu Hakusho only started airing in the US when Cartoon Network started running them, because that was when Funimation started dubbing them.

Also, Cartoon Network edits out a lot more than cursing in every episode, for example: you never hear that Miyuki (one of the Triad) is a man: also, a lot of the blood is gone, like in Kurama's match against Karasu. In the uncut episodes blood sprays everywhere when Kurama's getting attacked with the bombs, on CN, there is no blood (which means they then have to edit Koto's line).

Plus, the episodes run on the DVD's for a solid 30 minutes, on TV they run about 25 minutes. This is because CN cuts filler time, like some of the close ups and reaction shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back