• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Zelda Delayed to Next Year

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Website
ffsphere.com
August 16, 2005 - Nintendo announced this morning that its anticipated new adventure game, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, has been delayed. The title, formerly scheduled to debut this November around the world, has since been postponed to 2006 so that the developer can continue to make the game better.

"After much discussion, the Zelda development team has requested extra time to add new levels, more depth and even higher quality to Zelda: Twilight Princess," said Nintendo of America's vice president of corporate affairs, Perrin Kaplan. "Consequently, we're announcing a new global launch in 2006, after the conclusion of this fiscal year (March 31). We'll provide a specific date at a later point in time. While this may come as a disappointment to many eager fans, it will absolutely enrich the game and make it a multi-million seller."
Twilight Princess, developed by Nintendo and directed by Majora's Mask overseer Eiji Aonuma, was previously set to be the company's big holiday game. In fact, analysts expected the game to be Nintendo's single greatest deterrent to consumers potentially interested in Microsoft's next-generation console, Xbox 360, which is set for a November launch. The delay leaves Nintendo without a major holiday release on GameCube.

In the epic adventure, a 17-year-old Link travels across a gritty, realistic world and is able to move into an alternate dark land called the Twilight Realm, where he transforms into a wolf. Twilight Princess won a number of considerations by critics when it was presented in playable form at the Electronics Entertainment Expo. However, even then, members of the development team hinted in interviews that they would have to work overtime in order to meet a holiday release.

Nintendo has released seven new screenshots of the game in motion. Readers are directed to our images section for new shots of Link exploring a populated town and manipulating the snow as the wolf.

Stay tuned for much more on the game in the coming weeks and months

sealightbreeze

Bronze Member
Yeah, I agree- it totally sucks. How disappointing. Think how much lower the Nintendo's sales will be for this fiscal year now. I wonder why they just announced it so suddenly like this. I was looking so forward to playing the game on Christmas too :( What site did the information come off of?

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
Awww man, and I was saving up to buy the game this up coming November! Oh well, but if it's going to come out next year, maybe Nintendo should time it just right and release it on the same day they release the Revolution and instead of keeping the game on Gamecube, put it on the Revolution to ensure the Nintendo Revolution will sell because this game is one main reason why I bought a Gamecube.

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
No! My beautiful, hopeful Christmas game will not be under my tree! T_T I must wait for next year...or for a bountiful paycheck. <_<

Meh, they are making it better, which will be good, I can wait an extra...four...months..!...for the game, especially if it's going to be made better. Meh, it takes time. And patience must be exhibited.

~Life~

The old member
*FAlls to ground*
NOOOOOOOooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooOOOOOOOOO!
That cant be! I have waited toooo long!!!!!

klclodi13

Website
ninjanightmare.deviantart.com
well as for me, if i can wait for KH2, i can for sure wait for Zelda. Besides they are making it better cause come on look at KH2 and its delays, you see how good its becoming?

Shigeru once said: "A delayed game is always good, a rushed game is always bad."

So chin up ppl!

Oh, just hanging out with Demy - HEY GET BACK HERE
Yes, while I am a buit disappointed that it's been delayed, I believe it's for the best. In fact, it seemed an end of the year release would be kinda rushed anyway, considering the game was just announced this E3 (maybe a bit eariler). Either way it can wait; there's too much stuff I want this X-mas anyway XD.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Man you guys get so worked up when they say a game is delayed till 2006 man it won't be that long plus anyway there is more to life than waiting for a game to come out sometime soon. I mean now that so much KH2 info has been leaked I don't want it no more probably at all If they announce a KH3 for PS3 I not ever looking at any fan KH sites for info or I will but only for a release date cause now I know what is all about now that sux to me.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
I'm actually quite happy with this decision. The winter date seemed a bit... too early to me, judging by the E3 demos. Hey, more content and polish is well worth the wait.

sealightbreeze

Bronze Member
Well, after, what? almost three years of waiting for KHII, I can wait a bit for Zelda. Besides- Wind Waker was disappointing with only two remaining sages and temples to go through. I really missed the other sages from OOT. Besides, KHII is what I mainly want for Christmas anyways. Speaking of KHII- I almost had a panic attack about KHII before though. On GameFaqs, someone from IGN started a rumor that it does not come out untill 2007 :eek: Thank God it was just a rumor :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back