• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KH 10th Anniversary Fan Selection Updates with BBS!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

For the 3rd time, the  KINGDOM HEARTS 10th Anniversary Fan Selection Melodies&Memories Website has updated with new tracklistings for the upcoming album. The website has recently update with a single track from Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep.

"Enter the Darkness" will be available on the album, along side songs such as Destati from Kingdom Hearts and Fate of the Unknown from Kingdom Hearts II, which will be released on September 19th for 3,500¥ (roughly $44.72 USD).

Hopefully more songs from Birth by Sleep will be available at a later date. A translation of the description will be made available soon.

Edit: Thanks to goldpanner, we have a translation of Takeharu Ishimoto's message for this track! 

Enter the Darkness: Enter the Darkness: Enter the Darkness is a song with many components, which I think makes it a song that fills you with strength especially for fighting the last boss. I contributed some of the songs from Birth by Sleep. My involvement began with a single phone call from Kawamori of the sound staff, saying "can you help?". My suprised reaction of "What, not me??" was met with a no, "we're going with you, Ishimoto". We began sort of like, "okay, but I want to choose which tracks I do". In the beginning I was quite anxious, but with the way it turned out, I am now filled with gladness that we did it that way. It's always great to have a chance to try new things, and I've learned that it's important to take that first step without complaint.

More importantly, it even made it safely through this poll onto the CD, chosen by the fans, and that makes me happier than anything.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I certainly wonder though on what premise they update the site. One song at a time or what?

In the top ten of the fan votes however I remember there was only one song from BBS: Ventus' theme ranked on 6th place.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Woah, not much of an update at all, huh? I really hope this isn't the only track from BBS's gorgeous OST. I <3 Terra's theme.

I also just realized re:coded is omitted from the site.. :p

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Woah, not much of an update at all, huh? I really hope this isn't the only track from BBS's gorgeous OST. I <3 Terra's theme.

I also just realized re:coded is omitted from the site.. :p

^ What he said.

I'll be very surprised if The Tumbling or Dismiss don't show up though. Those were beyond popular.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
There may have only been one song, but the blurb was hella long!
(originally posted here, please credit that or here~)

Enter the Darkness: Enter the Darkness: Enter the Darkness is a song with many components, which I think makes it a song that fills you with strength especially for fighting the last boss. I contributed some of the songs from Birth by Sleep. My involvement began with a single phone call from Kawamori of the sound staff, saying "can you help?". My suprised reaction of "What, not me??" was met with a no, "we're going with you, Ishimoto". We began sort of like, "okay, but I want to choose which tracks I do". In the beginning I was quite anxious, but with the way it turned out, I am now filled with gladness that we did it that way. It's always great to have a chance to try new things, and I've learned that it's important to take that first step without complaint.
More importantly, it even made it safely through this poll onto the CD, chosen by the fans, and that makes me happier than anything.

--Takeharu Ishimoto

Ishimoto and Shimomura also worked together on the DDD soundtrack, along with Sekito, and I translated an interview with them together here for KHI a little while ago, it really shows their cute dynamic :3

Last edited:

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Whoops, I mistranslated this, didn't catch that Ishimoto wrote this one 8D

Fixed version above

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts Melodies&Memories Update - 358/2 Days!

WTF? Does that mean they include only one song from BBS? 0_o

Lvng

No, it's just that they chose to reveal just that one song. Perhaps it was Ishimoto's only track, which could be why they singled it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back