• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

3/17 - Unchained X ENG Update: Beauty & the Beast HSC, 0 AP, Beginner's Deal

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
Beauty and the Beast 0 AP Campaign!

★Be Our Guest with 0 AP!

■Event Period: 
Mar. 17, 2017 12:00 a.m. to Mar. 26, 2017 11:59 p.m. (PT) 
Mar. 17, 2017 7:00 to Mar. 27, 2017 6:59 (UTC)

Celebrate the release of the live action Beauty and the Beast movie with a Beauty and the Beast 0 AP Campaign
For a limited time, all quests and raid bosses will be playable for no AP cost!

Use this opportunity to get caught up with the main story or progress through our ongoing event quests!

A Beastly High Score Challenge

img
■Event Period: 
Mar. 17, 2017 12:00 a.m. to Mar. 23, 2017 11:59 p.m. (PT) 
Mar. 17, 2017 7:00 to Mar. 24, 2017 6:59 (UTC)

Put your Medals to the test with this new High Score Challenge! 
This week's prizes include the fierce HD Beast, which not only deals impressive damage but raises Power-based strength by 3 tiers for 1 turn!

Get more great rewards by raising your score and aiming for the top of the rankings!

You can also get Medals to boost your score in the High Score Challenge through the ongoing Epic Medal Carnival AND the VIP Illustrated Belle & Beast Medal Quests!

img 

Medal
Attribute
Reversed / Upright
Special Attack Bonus Tier
Special Attack Target
Gauge Cost
HD Beast P
Upright
Deals 5 exceptionally powerful hits. Raises Power-based strength by 3 tiers for 1 turn.
Single 3

You can view the Ranking Rewards in-game by doing the following: 
1. From the Menu, tap on "Quests" 
2. Tap on "Events" 
3. Tap on the event's banner 
4. Tap on "Rankings" on the right 
5. Tap on "Rewards" on the bottom right

You can view the High Score Rewards in-game by doing the following: 
1. From the Menu, tap on "Quests" 
2. Tap on "Events" 
3. Tap on the event's banner 
4. Tap on "Rewards" on the right

■Tips to Maximize Scores!
 ●Use Medals with high Special Attack damage multipliers! 
 ●Equip Score Bonus Medals! 
 ●Plan your route by focusing on enemies you can defeat!

※Please note that using Skip Tickets will not give you a score.

■Event Details
・The goal of the High Score Challenge is to earn the highest score you can! 
・If you fall in battle you will not be able to continue. 
・The greater the amount of damage you do to enemies, the higher your score will be. 
・Your score will be finalized when you defeat the stage's target enemy or when you are defeated.

▼You can also equip Score Bonus Medals to boost your score! 
img

Beginner's All-Target Medals Deal!

img

■Beginner's Deal 
 All-Target Attack Medals!

■Campaign Period: 
Mar. 17, 2017 12:00 a.m. to Apr. 5, 2017 11:59 p.m. (PT) 
Mar. 17, 2017 7:00 to Apr. 6, 2017 6:59 (UTC)

We've got a new deal tailored specifically for our newer players
All Medals from this deal have Special Attacks that hit all enemies in a fight, helping you knock out groups of enemies all at once!

This 5-Medal deal guarantees the following: 
・All 5 Medals that you receive will have Special Attacks that hit all targets in battle! 
・All 5 Medals will be Epic Medals! (Epic Medals are Medals that can get a Tier 3 or higher Special Attack Bonus
TWO of the 5 Medals drawn will come as a 6★ Medal and pre-strengthened with 3 Special Attack dots, getting you halfway to unlocking their Special Attack Bonus to increase your Special Attack's damage! 

Try this deal to add more firepower to your team!

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Re: 3/17 - Unchained ? ENG Update: Beauty & the Beast HSC, 0 AP, Beginner's Deal

So, Beast HD pretty much is Ill B&B, except it costs 2 SP less, doesn't remove buffs on the 2nd turn (though it doesn't remove debuffs either), isn't as aesthetically pretty, and is free? Glad I didn't pay $15 for Ill B&B, now I just gotta rank Top 5000 (probably gotta spend 3k for some score bonus medals).

EDIT: I'm wrong.

Last edited:

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
Re: 3/17 - Unchained ? ENG Update: Beauty & the Beast HSC, 0 AP, Beginner's Deal

So, Beast HD pretty much is Ill B&B, except it costs 2 SP less, doesn't remove buffs on the 2nd turn (though it doesn't remove debuffs either), isn't as aesthetically pretty, and is free? Glad I didn't pay $15 for Ill B&B, now I just gotta rank Top 5000 (probably gotta spend 3k for some score bonus medals).
The notice specifies that Beast HD raises P attack by 3 stages for one turn, not general attack, so he's more of a Maui 2.0 rather than Ill B&B.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

The notice specifies that Beast HD raises P attack by 3 stages for one turn, not general attack, so he's more of a Maui 2.0 rather than Ill B&B.

I stand corrected. I didn't realize Ill B&B was a Str+3, I thought it was PStr+3. In that case, I much prefer A&F to IllB&B, so I'm definitely good on not having IllB&B, but Beast HD and IllB&B do compliment each other.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards

Could be useful in Proud Mode, when the requirements cancel out other buff medals, since the vast majority of them are a single hit. However, stressing out about making the top 5000 over this? Not so worth it, IMO.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards

nice as that is, but i'll stick with Ill B&B cause one: im not wasting jewels for medals i don't need and two:i got QM&D to help make up the lost.

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards

This HSC thus far is easier than the last one enemy-wise. Granted, Ill B&B is part of that for me, but there's also no Lv400 foes, 350 is the highest. If I can get my MoG higher I can probably clear out all the Copters with my 2 Max Guilted WOFF Medals, as of now I only couldn't beat the Blue 350 one. Got lucky on the Red 350 and had DBII proc on all 3 hits. Next week when I guilt Ill B&B it'll get even easier. As for HD Beast itself, not bad at all. Tier 5, 3 Cost, buffs PStr to max...Granted, I won't be able to Guilt it for a long time (unless FMBs rain from the heavens), so I'm mainly sprinting for that Power Gem. I get that and I'll have a TT+31. Here's hoping!

The beginner's deal sounds nice. 5 Medals for 1500, all AoE medals, all Tier 3 or higher, and 2 3 Dot 6*. Not too shabby, especially since one can get 4 3 Dot medals for the same price as prior draws with the bonus, making it good for Guilting if you have spare Jewels.

Decaboyz

The beginner's deal is so reasonable and affordable. Since all medals are epics it's totally worthy. Compare it to previous EMCs, it seems like you get 4 3dots medals instead of 2 3dots medals with each 3000 jewels. Awesome.

Leopardess

Legendary Member
Awards

Nope. Save, save, save all jewels for Anniversary!

Chickenme

Hmm, I'm starting to think the reason why we're having multiple premiums at once (especially now that there aren't that many normal medals coming out in JP) is so they can be the only bonus medals for the HSCs, I mean, imagine if we got only one premium + 3 normal medals per banner, like before, they could only put those 4 medals as a % bonus, and that wouldn't be much, but by having several premiums + normal medals + the VIP medal they can make this "only the new medals give %" happen, because having only 4 medals in the notice leaves too much empty space, but 7 medals leaves less.

On top of that there's not a 5 pull garantee anymore, since they are offering various premiums at the same time, so you can pull 10 times and not get the medal you want, but you can get another one, that way they make what already was P2W more P2W and at the same time they get more money off the players.

Anyway, those are my thoughts.

Could be useful in Proud Mode, when the requirements cancel out other buff medals, since the vast majority of them are a single hit. However, stressing out about making the top 5000 over this? Not so worth it, IMO.
Actually HD Beast is also single target, he's still good, but not that good, so yeah, as long as people can get 1 copy they'll be fine.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards

Nope. Save, save, save all jewels for Anniversary!

Although I do have to question what kind of deals they could put out that would be better. AoE medals are really what I need more of. I have a surplus of single targets. I have single targets guilted for all attributes, but when it comes to AoE I don't have much variety and it's hurting me. (Absolutely no guilted reverse magic or speed, costly Power both upright and reversed, etc.)

There are so many great medals I could get if I went for this deal. Might not unless I hit over 30,000 before Illustrated KH2 Kairi. Because I have no doubt in my mind if she is even guaranteed it will be 10 pulls.

Actually HD Beast is also single target, he's still good, but not that good, so yeah, as long as people can get 1 copy they'll be fine.

I mean that HD Beast deals more than one hit, not that he's not single target. Sorry for the confusion.

You have to make the top 5000 to even get him. It's not a simple task. =/

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Mh :s I can get through, but not with more than 6.6 million points. I wonder..

Chickenme

I mean that HD Beast deals more than one hit, not that he's not single target. Sorry for the confusion.

You have to make the top 5000 to even get him. It's not a simple task. =/

Oh sorry, my fault, I read the comments too fast and I misinterpretated what you said ^^U

Yeah, I made it sound too simple, like "you JUST have to be in the top 5000" when in reality there are tens of thousand of players and only the top 5k will get one, sorry about it.
Also thinking it twice, I think he's pretty worth it, I mean P boost+3 is no joke, not to spend all our jewels, but still, so good luck everyone.

Mh :s I can get through, but not with more than 6.6 million points. I wonder..

If you tell us you're medals maybe we can help. The most important mobs are the 350 copters, and they're pretty hard, in my case I needed def boost III and atk-1 to survive them after many tries, I used a Marluxia A guilted to defeat them (which I know it's not very common).

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Well, since all of my speed medals are pretty bad in comparison and most of my good magic stuff is single-target, I kinda went with my power-deck / Treasure Trove consisting of

Ill. B&B
Ill. Ansem
Maui (86%)
Meowjesty (100%)
Lexaeus (100%)
Friend medal: HD Roxas / Marluxia B (the former for damage, the latter for Atk. Prize +, both didn't help much tho).

The only other decent power medals I have that are guilted are Sora&Riku&Meowjesty and Cerberus, although Cerberus's guilt is a joke.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

I don't mind not getting HD Beast since my Maui does his job just fine. I have exactly 3k jewels, not sure if I should do one more pull in hopes of guilting HD Roxas or wait for the next deals... Probably doesn't really matter in the end since no matter the deal the chance of getting nothing but useless fodder is always there and pretty big.

Chickenme

Well, since all of my speed medals are pretty bad in comparison and most of my good magic stuff is single-target, I kinda went with my power-deck / Treasure Trove consisting of

Ill. B&B
Ill. Ansem
Maui (86%)
Meowjesty (100%)
Lexaeus (100%)
Friend medal: HD Roxas / Marluxia B (the former for damage, the latter for Atk. Prize +, both didn't help much tho).

The only other decent power medals I have that are guilted are Sora&Riku&Meowjesty and Cerberus, although Cerberus's guilt is a joke.

For starters I think you should go in with that set up and Roxas HD yo try to defeat the first 3 copters and the rest of the enemies, leaving the big 3 for last (you'll probably die here tho), that should get you past 8 mil.

After that 1st round, is when you should try different combinations to get a better score, in this case I wouldn't really use il. Ansem unless you can one turn every enemy, because his -HP will get you dead in no time, I would also add a medal with def. boost 2/3 (or second chance, the important here is survive) and a SP+ if possible.
If you're magic keyblade is good don't throw it away because is single target, the enemies that give more points are the copters and they are single target, so try defeating the red one first to see if you can one turn it.

Apart from that idk what else to say... If your gauges allow you try to defeat most enemies with Maui, since he only gives one hit, that'll give you more points.

I hope this was helpful ^^U

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards

I've done a full clear of this HSC, with a 21% bonus friend medal (the key art) and I still couldn't even reach 11 million (very close). The Ariel & Flounder HSC was so much easier to make high scores (not saying it was easy in general, it most certainly wasn't). I mean I made the top 5000 without ever making a full clear. Weird the way these HSCs work.

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards

I've done a full clear of this HSC, with a 21% bonus friend medal (the key art) and I still couldn't even reach 11 million (very close). The Ariel & Flounder HSC was so much easier to make high scores (not saying it was easy in general, it most certainly wasn't). I mean I made the top 5000 without ever making a full clear. Weird the way these HSCs work.

Guess they're making them harder overall? I have Ill B&B so I got a 35% multiplier and managed to breach 12mil with a full clear. Took me a few setups, in the end my DR+30 had enough firepower to win. So unless I pull one of the 21% medals on my next draw (given the setups I can use, HD Roxas and X&V would be the most useful, can't recall what KA4 does atm), I'm not going any higher in score. Hoping it's enough, I want that Power Gem more than the Medal.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards

Power gems seem so easy to come by nowadays. It seems like all of the avatar boards and rewards as of late have all been Power gems, with the exception of that coliseum event which gave us one of all three.

The beast medal could be useful because of it boosting power by three for one whole turn, instead of Maui's three attacks. Still, Beast is only single target and I wouldn't have him guilted. In my Treasure Trove, I rely on Maui's attack power to help. Beast would never be able to replace him in that sense.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

For starters I think you should go in with that set up and Roxas HD yo try to defeat the first 3 copters and the rest of the enemies, leaving the big 3 for last (you'll probably die here tho), that should get you past 8 mil.

After that 1st round, is when you should try different combinations to get a better score, in this case I wouldn't really use il. Ansem unless you can one turn every enemy, because his -HP will get you dead in no time, I would also add a medal with def. boost 2/3 (or second chance, the important here is survive) and a SP+ if possible.
If you're magic keyblade is good don't throw it away because is single target, the enemies that give more points are the copters and they are single target, so try defeating the red one first to see if you can one turn it.

Apart from that idk what else to say... If your gauges allow you try to defeat most enemies with Maui, since he only gives one hit, that'll give you more points.

I hope this was helpful ^^U

Thanks. I tried my magic deck but didn't get far tbh. (5mil).
About the Maui part: Does it have to be the first attack of the turn or does it just have to get killed by a medal that does only one hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back