• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official English Translations of Square Enix's FY2018/3 Financial Results Briefing

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

In early November, translations of Square Enix's FY2018/3 Financial Results Briefing were uploaded onto twitter and gave a few nuggets of information about the upcoming slate of Square Enix's games. Today, the official English translation of the briefing has been released, confirming the plans Square Enix has in store for their upcoming games, including Kingdom Hearts 3.

In a Q&A section, Square Enix confirmed that upcoming release dates for their games will be announced between April-June 2018 (including E3). We theorised that Kingdom Hearts 3 might have a release date reveal at the Kingdom Hearts Fan Event held on Saturday the 10th of February 2018, however it is just as likely for the date to be given in the months after.

Q: Why is the balance of your content production account larger now than it was at the end of FY2017/3 even though “DRAGON QUEST XI” has already been released?

A: Development efforts for major titles are underway at both our overseas and domestic studios. We will be making announcements about the release dates of those titles between the end of FY2018/3 and E3.

Clarification on Square Enix's comments on developing for the Nintendo Switch were also given:

Q: Where do you intend to prioritize allocation of your development resources going forward?

A: We base our development resource allocations on the unique attributes of each platform. In particular, Nintendo Switch makes it easier for us to leverage our back catalog of assets and expertise, so we want to be proactive in creating new IP and rebooting past titles for that platform. 

Q: What do you think of Nintendo Switch, and how are you approaching development efforts for it?

A: Nintendo Switch is seeing rapid uptake, and we welcome the arrival of such a platform. We intend to be proactive in our development efforts given that it’s a platform that is well suited to the mid-sized titles at which we excel. 

Whether or not we will see the Kingdom Hearts HD collections on the Nintendo Switch have yet to be confirmed, but management increasing support for the console could see the collection ported sooner rather than later.

Remember to follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Sonicfan2525

Awards
Re: Official English Translations of Square Enix's FY2018/3 Financial Results Briefing

Exciting stuff! I still kind of expect the release date to be dropped during the fan event, but if it doesn't then we at least have a time frame for when it will.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Official English Translations of Square Enix's FY2018/3 Financial Results Briefing

Unless we get xv type event it going to be e3

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It's kinda funny that the unofficial translations from that WSJ reporter had those buzz words "well-made", "sharp" etc. in relation to the titles currently in development but I can't find them. All that wonder and mystique for nothing.

Unless we get xv type event it going to be e3
The Fan Event at D23 Japan?

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

The Fan Event at D23 Japan?
that event is onlt 1:20 minutues and the fan event was longer then that if i was mistaken

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

that event is onlt 1:20 minutues and the fan event was longer then that if i was mistaken
Final Fantasy XV Uncovered and the Kingdom Hearts Fan Event are both 80 minutes long.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Final Fantasy XV Uncovered and the Kingdom Hearts Fan Event are both 80 minutes long.
really i though the xv was longer then 80 mintues hmmm?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

really i though the xv was longer then 80 mintues hmmm?
Well the whole show available on Youtube, including pre-show and post-show, is three hours, but the actual content of the Uncovered event went for 80 minutes.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Well the whole show available on Youtube, including pre-show and post-show, is three hours, but the actual content of the Uncovered event went for 80 minutes.
okay then i guess this fan event i guess is kh uncovered but let let it will be streamed then

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice

Exciting stuff! I still kind of expect the release date to be dropped during the fan event, but if it doesn't then we at least have a time frame for when it will.

I think there's a decent chance of it being announced, it lines up somewhat with the timeline of when the original 9/30 release was announced for FFXV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back