• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Learn More About the Plot of the Toy Box World in Kingdom Hearts III

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

IGN have revealed some more details about the Toy Box world in Kingdom Hearts III.

We previously knew that when Sora lands in the world, Woody and Buzz's friends had been kidnapped by a man in a black coat. Andy and other toys had been taken, and according to the Sarge, they were last scene at the Galaxy Toys store.

We have now learnt that Young Xehanort has invading Toy Box and reveals that he has split the world in two to better understand how Hearts work.

Upon arriving at Galaxy Toys, Young Xehanort somehow turns toys to life, and of course they are evil toys. Hamm is eventually kidnapped by a possessed Doll and there is a quest line to defeat the doll to rescue Hamm.

It seems rescuing Andy and the other toys from the alternate world will prove to be a more difficult task than first expected.

You will be able to help Sora stop Young Xehanort's plan and bring both Toy Box worlds back together when Kingdom Hearts III launches later this year on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Now I understand why Woody was so confused about what was going on.

KeyToDestiny

Awards
Besides the DDD callback with split worlds, I wonder how Sora will get into the alternate world where the kidnapped toys are. Knowing Kingdom Hearts, it will probably be through silly means.

Darkspawn

Fallen to Darkness
Awards
I guess I’ll take the discussion here since it’s a more appropriate thread.

Could the alternate Toy Box be an outlet for a second playable character or maybe a Bizzaro realm Sora and the gang must enter in Galaxy Toys? Then they would have to fight their way out of the store and back to Andy’s Room to fight a final boss and save the toys?

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
That's... new. Hope it will have a believable reason (maybe it will have something to do with the Norts still hanging out in the Realm of Light) and not just "oh, and Young can do this too".

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I think that Bizzaro Realm might have to do with that huge heartless boss we saw from the previous trailer from D23 JPN.
That's a very good point, the whole area looked like it was suspended in the middle of the air and we've now seen multiple parts of the Galaxy Toys and nothing even close resembles that kind of witchcraft.

Gambler

That's a very good point, the whole area looked like it was suspended in the middle of the air and we've now seen multiple parts of the Galaxy Toys and nothing even close resembles that kind of witchcraft.
What I'd like to think is that somewhere after the miniboss that the folks at the event faced near the end of the Toy Story part of the demo might lead into the story of how they access the other Realm that YX made.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Popped some more information in.

Young Xehanort is the one who turns toys evil and Hamm is absolutely kidnapped by a possessed doll.

daviviana

The most obvious explanation to me is that Xehanort puts part of the world into the Dream Worlds, like part of Traverse Town and Pinnochio's World were.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Popped some more information in.

Young Xehanort is the one who turns toys evil and Hamm is absolutely kidnapped by a possessed doll.

That would explain the image of Hamm running away from the possessed doll and also Hamm being kidnapped by the Organization.

The way Young Xehanort split the world in two different worlds is exactly how he did it in Traverse Town in Dream Drop Distance.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The way Young Xehanort split the world in two different worlds is exactly how he did it in Traverse Town in Dream Drop Distance.
Except isn't it revealed in the end of DDD that Young Xehanort did not split the world, but the split was due to Riku diving into Sora's heart at the start of his journey?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
The most obvious explanation to me is that Xehanort puts part of the world into the Dream Worlds, like part of Traverse Town and Pinnochio's World were.

That wouldn't make sense because there's no Dream Eaters. The more likely situation is that Xehanort was able to split the heart and body of the world.

In (Kingdom Hearts 1), we find out that worlds have hearts.

Last edited:

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm sure the Dream World will be involved somehow, but... how is this happening? What are the implication? Could Ansem and Xemnas have done this in the past, perhaps saving themselves some troubles?
I guess we still don't know much about the worlds and the dreams (and what we know is definitely not always clear and complete)

Xagzan

Awards
That wouldn't make sense because there's no Dream Eaters. The more likely situation is that Xehanort was able to split the heart and body of the world.

In Birth by Sleep, we find out that worlds have hearts.

I mean, we found that out in KH1.

Still, Nomura just can't help himself, can he? :rolleyes:

Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
In Birth by Sleep, we find out that worlds have hearts.
I was about to correct you on this bit, but I've been beaten to the punch. I took too long explaining...

Still, I think your idea is feasible, I was thinking along those lines as well. We've seen Xehanort's feats when it comes to hearts in the past (extracting the darkness from Ventus to make Vanitas, extracting his own heart and forcing it on Terra's body, and so on), and he even spent several years in Radiant Garden studying hearts themselves; it doesn't seem too far beyond the realms of possibility that he could mess with a world's heart the same way he can a person's.

Darkspawn

Fallen to Darkness
Awards
Apparently, what is shown in the demo is only 30% of the actual world in the game. A bizarro realm would explain that. What if the bizarro realm is home to Sid’s room instead of Andy’s as the final boss location?

Also, if that Heartless boss takes place here and there will be more fantasty environments, I’d love to see locations based on Woody’s Round Up and Star Command featuring Stinky Pete and Zurg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back