• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Two Newly Arranged Songs Confirmed for Upcoming Kingdom Hearts Orchestra

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Legendary composer Kaoru Wada, who has worked on the series as the arranger for “Hikari - Orchestra” and “Passion - Orchestra“  and worked on arranging the music for the previous Kingdom Hearts Orchestra and First Breath concerts, has teased two new songs that have been arranged for the upcoming set of performances.

In a Facebook post, Kaoru Wada wrote:

[ Second Round KINGDOM HEARTS Orchestra -World Tour- ]

Starting on the 9th this week at Los Angeles, the second round of KINGDOM HEARTS Orchestra -World Tour- begins!

19 of the concerts will take place in 8 countries such as USA, Australia, Canada, Brazil, Germany, Italy, Korea, and Mexico. Unfortunately there’s no concert in Japan. (ToT)

Since Los Angeles will be the premiere of the tour, I will be present during the rehearsal and concert with composer Yoko Shimomura as well as others. I’ve steadily prepared two newly arranged songs for this tour. (^ o ^) …

I can’t spend much time in LA but I’d like to experience plenty of the Disney atmosphere.

♫ KINGDOM HEARTS fans around the world, please wait a bit more~ (^ o ^) /

Kicking off on June 9th in Los Angeles before heading to Sydney, Australia on July 7th, the Orchestra currently features seventeen tracks.

1. HIKARI -KINGDOM Orchestra Instrumental Version-
  2. Dearly Beloved -KINGDOM HEARTS II Ver.-
  3. Destati
  4. Organization XIII
  5. Twinkle Twinkle Holidays
  6. Treasured Memories
  7. The World of KINGDOM HEARTS
  8. Fate of the Unknown
  9. Threats of the Land: KINGDOM HEARTS Battle Medley
  10. Heroes and Heroines: Characters' Medley
  11. Lazy Afternoons~At Dusk, I Will Think of You...
  12. Vector to the Heavens
  13. Wave of Darkness
  14. Daybreak Town: The Heart of X
  15. The Other Promise
  16. Let Darkness Assemble: Final Boss Battle Medley
  17. Passions -KINGDOM Orchestra Instrumental Version-

It is unknown if the two new arrangements, which will bring the Orchestra set list to nineteen tracks, will feature music from Kingdom Hearts III, however with the release date dropping sometime in early June it would make sense to tease fans a little further with some new music.

Alongside Los Angeles and Sydney, the Orchestra concert will head to Chicago (USA), Pittsburgh (USA), Atlanta (USA), Dallas (USA), Philadelphia (USA), Phoenix (USA), Las Vegas (USA), Munich (Germany), Detroit (USA) Boston (USA), Toronto (Canada), Honolulu (USA), Sao Paolo (Brazil), Milan (Italy), Seoul (South Korea), and Mexico City (Mexico).

Thanks to Zephyr for the translations!

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
If I was a betting man, I'd wager that it's the field and battle theme for the new Union X Disney world.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
One has to don’t think twice the other maybe dearly beloved

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Clearly “Chikai - KINGDOM Orchestda Instrumental version” and a prominent battle theme.

Hit us with that good music, Wada-san.

Awards
My song is playing!!! And I won't be there to hear it....(TToTT)

It'd be awesome if they have the new Dearly Beloved theme, and I can see them playing something from the new worlds. Maybe Toy Story?

Squood!

seibah
Awards
Chikai Orchestra Version.

Dearly Beloved - Kingdom Hearts III Version.

Give it to me dammit I'm way too motivated.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Agreed with oath and dearly beloved and I think the new dearly beloved replaces the one in the song list and that when show kh3 kairi and oath will probably the last song

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Is it weird that I kind of want to see Utada come out on stage and perform Chikai/Don’t Think Twice live? I know it won’t happen but I’d weep.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Yesssss saving the best for last! Passions! Also excited to hear the newly arranged songs.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I doubt music from Toy Story will play. They will go for something more bombastic to hype the audience up.

There's a 2019 Kingdom Hearts Concert made to celebrate the release of Kingdom Hearts III (which makes me believe that concert will be focused exclusively on Kingdom Hearts III soundtracks). Therefore, as you mentioned Oracle, Don't Think Twice seems to be the most appropriate track to play. It's a new rendition of a known track (technically speaking).

Alja

I'm ready to cry already but I still have to wait until September.. T^T

But yeah, Chikai and Dearly beloved are the best bets. Can't wait to find out when exactly they're being played!

Xagzan

Awards
Ooh, I wonder what they will be.

Also, someone ask Wada if he would ever score a Godzilla film -3-

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Looks like one of my bets is definitely in play. Sweet.

Is it weird that I kind of want to see Utada come out on stage and perform Chikai/Don’t Think Twice live? I know it won’t happen but I’d weep.
I've been fantasizing about this since the concerts were announced, but realistically, while it would be incredible, it would so overshadow the rest of the event (at least for me) that I kind of don't want it. Wada, Shimomura and all the musicians who worked so hard on these concerts deserve all the love and recognition for them imo. Instead I'll keep dreaming about a proper U.S./world tour so that we can hear all of Hikki's beautiful songs in the right environment where she can really own the stage.

Laurel

Awards
It would be cool if the new version of Dearly Beloved plays, though there's a part of me that wants to wait until getting the game to hear it, it'll just feel so satisfying when that menu screen shows up and we get that new version.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
As much as I would love to hear music from Toy Box and Corona, I am in the camp that thinks its going to be Dearly Beloved and the orchestra version of Chikai. The soundtrack CD for the initial run of the concert has the KH2 version of Dearly Beloved, so it only makes sense for the KH3 version to replace that this time around.

I've been wanting this to happen since the concert became a thing last year! It's never going to happen, but I would sob like a baby if it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back