• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► US and Canadian Amazon Preorders to receive Dawn Till Dusk Keyblade

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Last week, Kinda Funny hosted Amazon's annual Black Friday stream where they collaborated with the retail giant to share video game deals for their viewers. It was here that they confirmed three big announcements for KINGDOM HEARTS 3 to be revealed during the following Cyber Monday stream: the world premiere of a brand new trailer, as well as information about exclusive DLC and deals for Twitch Prime members.

Well, it seems there was a bit of miscommunication on Amazon's side and they didn't actually have the trailer they were advertising. But we still get to learn about that "exclusive" DLC! Those in the US and Canadian who preorder Kingdom Hearts 3 through Amazon will receive the Dawn Till Dusk Keyblade, also available in Japan as a preorder bonus through 7-11. This is applicable to all preorders, new and old.

For customers in the US, in addition to getting a $10 Prime credit on preorders for the next week, Twitch Prime members will receive 500 bits.

As a reminder, the other DLC Keyblades include:

• Midnight Blue (Playstation Store Preorder Bonus)
  • Phantom Green (Xbox Store Preorder Bonus)
  • Starlight (Achieve certain scores in Classic Kingdom minigames via KINGDOM HEARTS Union X)

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
so the together trailer was the last trailer for novmeber that means the game awards and jump festa are left

kingsoraful

Awards
Amazon can go to hell for that bullshit seriously. Don't bait the KH fandom with that stuff.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
[video=youtube;nF_Ca45JRFs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF_Ca45JRFs[/video]

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Awful Twitch and Amazon cross-promotion aside, this screenshot looks absolutely fresh! San Fransokyo really is shaping up to be my favourite Disney world.

Awards
Is there a way to get these keyblades without wasting so much money on preorders? I don't have an xbox, but I was wondering if I were to preorder on Xbox store, can I still use it in the same game with PS4? Or both keyblade can't be in the same game?

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Im so livid. "New trailer" doesn't mean rearranged trailer we already got. Those dudes are now on my shit list and I'll boycott every game they're in. The best thing about this whole situation is that the amazon keyblade puts you in second form which i speculated once. Also, the amazon keyblade isn't new so that's another thing to gripe about

Is there a way to get these keyblades without wasting so much money on preorders? I don't have an xbox, but I was wondering if I were to preorder on Xbox store, can I still use it in the same game with PS4? Or both keyblade can't be in the same game?

You can't have both the ps4 and xbox one keyblades because they have symbols and color schemes resembling the other company, but the amazon keyblade will be available with one or the other.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
giphy.gif

can't believe y'all had to report this bs

TepidShark

Awards
I went back to the stream from Friday and at about 4:30 in the guy on it definately said "new trailer". Maybe he wasn't supposed to say that. Oh well. Today wasn't worth it but that kind of thing happens all the time.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

That is most likely yes, I don't see how you could get an Xbox Keyblade in the PS version, or vice versa. And I don't believe there is a way to get them otherwise. Thats probably why they are all reskins of existing blades.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Im so livid. "New trailer" doesn't mean rearranged trailer we already got. Those dudes are now on my shit list and I'll boycott every game they're in. The best thing about this whole situation is that the amazon keyblade puts you in second form which i speculated once. Also, the amazon keyblade isn't new so that's another thing to gripe about

You can't have both the ps4 and xbox one keyblades because they have symbols and color schemes resembling the other company, but the amazon keyblade will be available with one or the other.

Blame Amazon I guess. Tim is the only one in KF that likes KH and he stopped watching the trailers so I bet he had no idea this footage is old and was just reading off the paper or something.

Dragon

I mean, Nomura did say we were getting only one more new trailer after X018 so I'm not sure what you guys were expecting.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Blame Amazon I guess. Tim is the only one in KF that likes KH and he stopped watching the trailers so I bet he had no idea this footage is old and was just reading off the paper or something.

I'm even considering canceling my amazon prime. I don't use it much anyway and I feel so betrayed

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
To me, the worst part is seeing people go out of there way to theorise what worlds could be revealed through Amazon to only be given this. Jumping from Wreck-it-Ralph for Cyber Monday to the anniversary of Aladdin / Treasure Planet / A Bug’s Life and being met with only a Keyblade skin pre-order bonus has got to sting.

I think it is shameful, what Amazon and KindaFunny promised but couldn’t deliver for whatever reason. I think they should have been more upfront with what day we should have tuned in instead of intentionallymaking it vague so they get more viewers on both days. I think they should have been more clear with what to expect so fans wouldn’t be this angry (the use of “DLC announcement” was incredibly vague, with people thinking that, even though it’s just gone gold, they would announce full on DLC campaigns).

But I also hope people finally learn to be cautious instead of hyping up every tiny thing in hopes of something big dropping. This is a good reminder that not every event with something confirmed will have the gigantic news people are hoping for and it’s better to go in with smaller expectations and be potentially blown away instead of trying to connect a whole bunch of dots while trying to convince themselves the stars are aligning to give a new world reveal. I’m not saying this disappointment comes purely from unrealistic fan expectations since Amazon was purposefully misleading throughout the last few weeks, but this is a good reminder nevertheless to just be cautious and guarded over these next two months.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I'm even considering canceling my amazon prime. I don't use it much anyway and I feel so betrayed

I mean, Amazon kinda sucks so that wouldn't be a bad thing, but I am guessing Square kinda screwed them by releasing the trailer last week for whatever reason. It kinda feels like it was meant to be new.

Awards

That is most likely yes, I don't see how you could get an Xbox Keyblade in the PS version, or vice versa. And I don't believe there is a way to get them otherwise. Thats probably why they are all reskins of existing blades.

Thanks for clearing that up. Now I have really consider whether this is worth it or not. I already preordered on the Square Enix store for the Deluxe edition and I'm already a go for Starlight keyblade.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
all well that dat december around the corner with game awards and jump festa the hype train is still going

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
To me, the worst part is seeing people go out of there way to theorise what worlds could be revealed through Amazon to only be given this. Jumping from Wreck-it-Ralph for Cyber Monday to the anniversary of Aladdin / Treasure Planet / A Bug’s Life and being met with only a Keyblade skin pre-order bonus has got to sting.

I think it is shameful, what Amazon and KindaFunny promised but couldn’t deliver for whatever reason. I think they should have been more upfront with what day we should have tuned in instead of intentionallymaking it vague so they get more viewers on both days. I think they should have been more clear with what to expect so fans wouldn’t be this angry (the use of “DLC announcement” was incredibly vague, with people thinking that, even though it’s just gone gold, they would announce full on DLC campaigns).

But I also hope people finally learn to be cautious instead of hyping up every tiny thing in hopes of something big dropping. This is a good reminder that not every event with something confirmed will have the gigantic news people are hoping for and it’s better to go in with smaller expectations and be potentially blown away instead of trying to connect a whole bunch of dots while trying to convince themselves the stars are aligning to give a new world reveal. I’m not saying this disappointment comes purely from unrealistic fan expectations since Amazon was purposefully misleading throughout the last few weeks, but this is a good reminder nevertheless to just be cautious and guarded over these next two months.

Theres already a hashtag FAmazon... I think this might have been a bad day and not going to light on anyone

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
On top of everything I can't even get the DLC, unfortunately.
It is not the best looking one, but I wouldn't have minded it.
Oh well.

Now I'm much more curious about what kind of landslide Amazon will get from this.

Back