• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 3 Japanese PS4 box cover revealed revealing 40GB file size

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The Japanese box cover for Kingdom Hearts III has been revealed on Twitter thanks to @soranchu0309, which shows that game requires at least 40GB or disk space to install Kingdom Hearts III on the PlayStation 4.

Middleware software including SpeedTree for vegitation modeling and rendering, IKINEMA for motion capture and realistic body animation, and Mercuna for 3D navigation are also listed on the back of the box as being some of the technology utilized in Kingdom Hearts III.

Audrey (@aitaikimochii), CEO and founder of Aitai Japan, has translated a portion of the box's tagline that references the opening theme songs from Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II, and Kingdom Hearts III by Utada Hikaru:

A heart that harbors LIGHT 
Becomes PASSION 
That fulfills an OATH

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on The World Ends With You, Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross]Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts

Source: soranchu0309 via Twitter, forum user kingsoraful

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I closed the other thread for obvious reasons. Also because it didn't have a source of the image and I think it would be great if people also discussed the tech in the game. (And the really clever tagline)

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Maan, I know it's probably superfluous but I really want to know what ALL the text says lol

kingsoraful

Awards
I closed the other thread for obvious reasons. Also because it didn't have a source of the image and I think it would be great if people also discussed the tech in the game. (And the really clever tagline)

So you claim I didn't credit the source(which I couldn't since I'm on mobile) and you forget to credit me for finding the info in the first place. This place man, lol. You’ve don’t this a lot to me as well, so I guess we are continuing the trend.

I'd like you to credit me please for finding it as you would any person that finds info. Thank you. :)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So you claim I didn't credit the source(which I couldn't since I'm on mobile) and you forget to credit me for finding the info in the first place. This place man, lol.

I'd like you to credit me please for finding it as you would any person that finds info. Thank you. :)

It is literally at the bottom of the article if you took the time to read it.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
It is literally at the bottom of the article if you took the time to read it.

Sorry you gotta deal with that...Hopefully one pops up soon. I hope the back of the US box looks just as good. Do you have an image from the Amazon event when he picked the box up? I think the back actually looked the same/similar.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sorry you gotta deal with that...Hopefully one pops up soon. I hope the back of the US box looks just as good. Do you have an image from the Amazon event when he picked the box up? I think the back actually looked the same/similar.

It's no problem. He's always like this even when we tell him constantly to message us about the news and not make his own threads due to how our system works. We are happy to source our users, but I'm not going to sit here and deal with attitude over nothing when I already sourced him.

The box is actually a bit different with a lot more screens on it so I doubt the wording is the same :c

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
It's no problem. He's always like this even when we tell him constantly to message us about the news and not make his own threads due to how our system works. We are happy to source our users, but I'm not going to sit here and deal with attitude over nothing when I already sourced him.

The box is actually a bit different with a lot more screens on it so I doubt the wording is the same :c

Yeah the names of our songs are different too...so maybe it'll say something like:

Your SIMPLE AND CLEAN heart filled with light
SANCTUARY for the lost
DON'T THINK TWICE against fate.

since our titles are longer it's a lot harder to think of something that sounds as good T_T

Mansex

I would like if it had "And allows you to Face Your Fears" as the last line.

SoulXaldin

Awards
Me like-y cover art. Like I said in the other thread, It kind of reminds me of KH1’s cover art a bit, with a whole bunch of characters sitting around a large structure, looking onwards (Also gargoyles and a completely random setting, if that makes any sense).

notnow123487

Awards
I can’t wait til we get past the holidays. There’s going to be crazy news like this everyday.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
So is 40GB the total size? Or does it have have to unpack itself?

2 quid is good

Driving around Quadratum in a Toyota
Awards
"A heart that's SIMPLE AND CLEAN
Becomes a SANCTUARY
And lets you FACE YOUR FEARS"

Ooof this is hard, props to whoever actually manages to make a workable translation, I'd love to see it

drew0512

Awards
I love the tagline, too bad I'll miss the reference on my copy since it'll be a non-English version. At this point I hope they 1:1 translate the japanese one, but we'll see.

Leaferian

Awards
I wonder how big the Day 1 Patch will be. 40gb is still a pretty hefty size, but Nomura's comments about worrying over disc space are still sticking with me.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
It's no longer SIMPLE AND CLEAN
So leave your SANCTUARY
And DON'T THINK TWICE

I like how mine turned out but this is hard. My sympathies to whomever does the English tagline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back