• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New Devil Number

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
A lot of people already know that the number "666" is as fake as the Tooth Fairy:

"In the Greek manuscripts, the Number is rendered in Greek numerical form as “χξς”,[6] or sometimes literally as “six hundred and sixty-six”, “ἑξακόσιοι ἑξήκοντα ἕξ”.[7][8] The oldest known record of the verse, a fragment of an early manuscript of Revelation from the Oxyrhynchus site, gives a different number, 616, as “χιϛ”.[1] The early Church father Irenaeus knew several occurrences of the 616-variant but regarded them as a scribal error, although he didn't know the meaning of the number.[9] The Zürich Bible which is based on the oldest Bible manuscripts also mentions the number 616."

So we got ourselves a new Number of the Best, which renders any and all 666 references null and void.

Thoughts?

CK the Fat

Well I never much cared for 666 (or any "unlucky" numbers), so I doubt 616 will change my mind much either.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
True, but 666 *is* ingrained in the psyche of all Westerners and you know it. 616 seems innocent and random XD

CK the Fat

I think 13 is more apparant of an unlucky number. I mean, you ride al elevator... 10... 11... 12... 14? And then there's no room 13 either, which is rediculous.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
..... who the hell does that? That person should not be in charge of the construction of elevators. I mean really, is the 21st century the age of ridiculous middle-age superstitions?

CK the Fat

Evidently many people do it. Not so much because they believe in it, but they don't want to scare away any customers who might.

The Big Lovin'

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Ji-Chan
616, 666, 13...

THEY'RE JUST FREAKIN NUMBERS!

It's only the person behind them, next we'll say 911 is a bad number, and yet who do we get if we call it?

George Bush and the CIA

.....yeah

_.:NaS:._

Well this is a mysterious world. Maybe the numbers are just nothing more than numbers. Or maybe they hide ancient secrets. I think its better off with us just thinking of them as numbers and nothing else. I mean we never seen something in the sky saying " 666 is the devil's number" or something like that, its not for sure.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
lulz, cool.

Can you post proof of this anyways, Pho?

It's not like if this were true this holds anything important anyway.
It's just the mark of the demon, the mark tha the Anti-christ imprints on his believers to seperate them from the children of God.

Joy

Bronze Member
DIdn't a famous exorcism say that a person's head was inscribed as 666? I guess the person wasn't really possessed and lied xD

ozymandius

If you belive in exorcisms.

Maybe numbers do hold some importance. After all, numbers are all around us...everyday we use them. So, maybe some numbers have unusual physical properties as well.

CK the Fat

The Greeks held a fascination with the number 7. Does that mean 7 is special? In its own ways, but I don't think it's anything more than a number.

ryoji1337

That I know of 666 is known as the devil's number but that I know of 777 is supposedly god's number or something. There is meaning besides it just being some "chosen" number.

I don't exactly recall it but it deals with a 6 and a 7 or something. There is some explaination behind it though.

Ha, 13 is my lucky number and 616 is my area code. XD!

Eikre

W.S.N.B.M./O.N.B.P.
Senior Leader's Course, Cold Lake Air Base, Albert
I know I don't.

I know that numbers serve an important part of our life. 52 cards in a deck. 1000 posts to become premium (supposedly), 1774 is the year that the U.S. declared it's independence. Unless backed by something, numbers are just that: Numbers, digits.

sealightbreeze

Bronze Member
hmmm.....I dunno. I think the original is the number. I think being afraid of 13 is a bit much. My brother's lucky and favorite number is on 13.

letsplaycroquet

Premium member
Oh damn, so my house isn't possessed by Satan. Hence the 666 in my address.

I guess a guy can dream :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back