• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Am I Alone on This?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

anti-form137

I've been seeing a lot of people saying that Com and Re: Com are their favorite KH games. Now here's my question.

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS THAT ITS THE WORST GAME IN THE SERIES!?

Not to say that its a bad game but I just dont see why its the best. I hate the card system, choosing what to level up, the worlds are just like they were in KH1 except with rooms and without the whole villain alliance. The storyline's deep and all but it didn't really appeal to me. I mean, your main objective is to save a girl who you've never met (well you sort of have since she's part of Kairi) and who doesnt technically exist. And I hate story's where the main characters are clueless about stuff and we know whats going on. There are times when Sora would talk about Namine and I would yell " No you dumbass! It's Kairi! Kairi!"

Keep in mind that I havent played Reverse Rebirth so this is all based on Sora's story.

Last edited:

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
I wouldn't say worst. I'm not a big fan of the card system myself, but the story is pretty good. We are first inroduced to the organization and the game opened a the door to whole lot of mysteries that we still don't know the answers to. If I had to say the worst game in the series it would be KH2. Yes it's looks good and a added some new worlds and game mechanics the plot needed a lot of work.

Shade737

Silver Member
I agree with the card system being annoying, but the story kept me playing. My biggest problem would be fact that I had to revisit the same worlds that I did in KH1 which made that part of it feel like a filler.

7PurePrincesses

Well, the thing that keeps me going through Sora's (And Riku's) story is the Orgy. :D In Reverse/Rebirth, the card system is a lot easier, (and cheaper, says my friend :p) because all you have to do is just press X once. I agree with the fact that Sora was too into looking for Namine, I thought it was kinda weird. 0.o...

But yeah, good game :D It's my 2nd favorite.

Queen of Hearts

Hmm.. the card system was a bit frustrating, but at times, fun. I've only played CoM though. I'm waiting for a reasonably priced Re: CoM on Ebay XD
I can't wait to get Re: CoM, I want to see the story in bigger picture! It looks alright.

Reika Noko

Forever lurking
I've been seeing a lot of people saying that Com and Re: Com are their favorite KH games. Now here's my question.

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS THAT ITS THE WORST GAME IN THE SERIES!?
Yes
Not to say that its a bad game but I just dont see why its the best. I hate the card system, choosing what to level up, the worlds are just like they were in KH1 except with rooms and without the whole villain alliance. The storyline's deep and all but it didn't really appeal to me. I mean, your main objective is to save a girl who you've never met (well you sort of have since she's part of Kairi) and who doesnt technically exist. And I hate story's where the main characters are clueless about stuff and we know whats going on.

Keep in mind that I havent played Reverse Rebirth so this is all based on Sora's story.
The card system is annoying, but imo the storyline was pretty good, especially Re:CoM where the scenes are cooler mainly because it's in 3D now. Plus, without it we wouldn't have as much information as we do now. Nomura created the game to bridge the gap between KH 1 and 2 despite wanting players to guess when originally didn't intend to in the first place. It does give us explanations on some important parts of the story, being pre-Organization XIII arc in the history, and whatever else happens, Nobodies, Namine, etc.

I liked it.

anti-form137

I wouldn't say worst. I'm not a big fan of the card system myself, but the story is pretty good. We are first inroduced to the organization and the game opened a the door to whole lot of mysteries that we still don't know the answers to. If I had to say the worst game in the series it would be KH2. Yes it's looks good and a added some new worlds and game mechanics the plot needed a lot of work.

Okay yes the Organization is awesome. They're my favorite characters and I can't wait for Days.

KH2 was actually my favorite. I thought that the plot was awesome. It was just a little too easy.

One thing that I forgot to mention is that the main characters don't really gain anything at all in the end, and while stopping Marluxia was important, I think that most of Sora's quest was for nothing in that game. Sure they shut down Castle Oblivion, but I think that it could've been done without the freaking amnesia and the damn cards.

starlocker

yep, the card system totalty discourages players from hack-and-slashing for most of the time. Otherwise its still a good game.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Oh, the terror. You actually have to think instead of mashing x.

Reika Noko

Forever lurking
yep, the card system totalty discourages players from hack-and-slashing for most of the time. Otherwise its still a good game.
I don't think that's the reason why everybody thought the card system was annoying. And that's a pretty crappy reason to classify the card system as "discouraging" to what the usual battle system an RPG game brings.

Shade737

Silver Member
I hated the card system becasue I felt that it was holding back the pace of the game while I was fighting. It felt a bit unneeded to me.

Cinollex

tssssss
Awards
It all depends on taste, perception, etc; in my opinion, Re:CoM had an interesting plot, but some gamers don't hold 'plots' in high regard, ergo, liking KH2.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Namine >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kairi.

For that alone CoM/Re:CoM win in ways the other two games released thus far have failed miserably in.
That aside, I'm a button mesher, and once I got Re:CoM just about all my complaints with the battle system disappeared - let alone I began to be able to appreciate it now that I'm not pissed off with it greatly.
And Watanabe. How oh how can you dislike Watanabe writing?
There's a reason I opened a fanclub for the man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back