• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nomura Discusses KH DSi Design

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Audo

In a recent scan of Famitsu PSP+PS3, Nomura drops a few details about designing the Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days Special Edition DSi system. You can find the scan, and the translated article below.

Article + Nomura Interview Translations
"Those who've seen the previous titles will be able to enjoy it's content!"
At last the limited edition Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days design is revealed!
The Nintendo DS title Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days is set to release May 30th. The special edition Nintendo DSi with the unique design will also be released then. It has a chic design where icons symbolizing the game are arranged in the shape of a monogram on the DSi's top.The finished design is both appealing and adult-like, it doesn't really look like a game console at all.

-Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
-Nintendo DS
-Releases May 30th, Price 5980 yen with tax
-Special Edition Kingdom Hearts DSi Price 24880 yen with tax​

Tetsuya Nomura's Comment

――Did you do the main design?
Nomura: Yes. I was often being asked, "Will you design it for girls?", but inevitably I designed it myself. The special characteristics of Kingdom Hearts titles were top priority, though of course staying conscious of the female fans, details like the main DSi body were made chic so that boys and adults wouldn't feel out of place with it. I think since the rare monogram designs of the game are seen as fashionable, not only girls but guys will also want it.

Screenshot top: It is the story of the time when Roxas belonged to Organization XIII.
Screenshot bottom: For the first time in the series, there is multiplayer interaction.

Source: HeartStation

Shade737

Silver Member
Nomura is looking to become a fashion designer or something.

I disliked the design since it seemed a bit off.

Xango99

Nice post....but am I the only one who thinks the design looks lame and tacky? It doesnt even look all that special so I dont know why Nomura is feeling all happy and proud over some cheesy design. It also looks very kiddish.

I think I will stick to my regular DS design. And what is up with this guy and his SHORT pointless interviews. Ok the game is about Roxas with Org 13 and it has multiplayer for the 1000th time even though they seem too lazy to freaking mention if it has wifi or not..

I will seriously be disspointed with SE if the game has no wifi, espeically with how much hype they keep giving the multiplayer...

A

Audo

I doubt it has Wi-Fi. Be disappointed.

And i personally like the design, i was glad to see that it was something simple that wasn't immediately recognizable to be from a video game. (I don't like the DSi case with Axel/Xion/Roxas, i think that is a worse design for the above reason)

Xango99

Why are they not having wifi? then SE might as well shut the hell up and quit hying up their multiplayer mode

Few people in my area have DS and few people on my college campus are kh fans so how the hell will i be able to do multiplayer mode with 4 different characters when i will be the only one available for the most part!!! did SE think about people or do they think that other conutries are like Japan where everyone and their dogs all have the same games and DS one feet away from one another?!!!!

xjeezlouisx

I'll Hit You Harder Than Meth
Website
www.myspace.com
I like the design, it reminds me of the 80's with all the checkered designs aha like right now.
and I am sure they will have wi-fi connection.

so this typical DSi isnt coming to the US?

xjeezlouisx

I'll Hit You Harder Than Meth
Website
www.myspace.com
Pretty sure it won't. The CC PSP didn't come to NA, I don't think the KH DSi will either

im pretty sure they had a reason why the CC PSP didnt come here since they made a whole bunch of regular PSP's here....

and plus the NEW Nintendo DSi is here, so i wouldnt give up my hopes for it just yet...

State

Awards
Nomura is looking to become a fashion designer or something.

I disliked the design since it seemed a bit off.

I agree with you, and your avatar. The design seemed a bit too much, there were too many hearts, symbols. Why not do something like the GBA SP bundle of COM? Just put the logo of the game PLUS the name of the game, there's a big difference between a logo and a bunch of squares with a heart in it.

A

Audo

I agree with you, and your avatar. The design seemed a bit too much, there were too many hearts, symbols. Why not do something like the GBA SP bundle of COM? Just put the logo of the game PLUS the name of the game, there's a big difference between a logo and a bunch of squares with a heart in it.
Logo = fail.
I effing hate "Special Edition" consoles which are simply the logo printed on it.
the CoM one wasn't even a logo, btw.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
There's a lot of bitching going on in this thread. o__O
I think the design is pretty neat.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
I wish they would have talked about a little more, like the the game cover :31:

anima66

Logo = fail.
I effing hate "Special Edition" consoles which are simply the logo printed on it.

no fail equals when the special edition bundle for a game is simply the console in a diffrent colour.

State

Awards
Logo = fail.

Strange, when I googled it, I saw the logo of it in a GBA SP. Maybe it was Photoshopped. I also hate that but it's better than a lot of squares, depending how the logo looks with the console. I would rather have a PS3 printed with MGS4 and the Patriot gun than that DSI, which, by the fact, that PS3 bundle was just made up.

revarai20

Smile like you mean it
I think that design seems fine although it throw off some guys I think. I know he even quoted, he wanted to make sure that it was designed for the guys and adults as well. Somehow, I wonder if it's just some people don't look closely at the symbols on it to see the design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back