• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Humans: Special or Animals?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
So do you believe humans are one of a kind special beings or just animals?

Debate...

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
We're just animals MM. It's pretty obvious.

According to science? As a person I believe science is imperfect and in this case it is. Humans are creative and have imaginations.

Show me an animal like that?

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
You actually went through with it..

We're animals biologically; no matter how special we seem to think we are.

I really don't want to get into this if I don't have to.

According to science? As a person I believe science is imperfect and in this case it is.

But it's right; we're animals. And science may be young, but it tries to perfect itself over time.

Humans are creative and have imaginations.

Show me an animal like that?

Apes, Dolphins, even Octopi.. oh wait you meant creative not intelligent.

Great apes especially, and I don't think I really have to go down the line.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
You actually went through with it..

We're animals biologically; no matter how special we seem to think we are.

I really don't want to get into this if I don't have to.

But what about spiratually? We have a human spirit that keeps us fighting and makes special. It what makes us create and imagine. What allows us to debate. The fact that I am even able to speak to you when you are miles away is amazing. Humans are amazing creatures and our human spirit seperates us from the animals.

C

Crossroads

But what about spiratually? We have a human spirit that keeps us fighting and makes special. It what makes us create and imagine. What allows us to debate. The fact that I am even able to speak to you when you are miles away is amazing. Humans are amazing creatures and our human spirit seperates us from the animals.

Yes we're amazing creatures. Animal creatures. We are separate from other animals, but we're still animals.

We're part of the circle of life MM. We can't survive without our animal brethren.

Iridium

Awards
But what about spiratually?

I'd rather not offend so I wont' dive into the subject.

What allows us to debate.

That doesn't really have anything to do with spirituality, it's just the general differences between individuals.

The fact that I am even able to speak to you when you are miles away is amazing.

Hrm?

Humans are amazing creatures and our human spirit seperates us from the animals.

Uh.....

Last edited:

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Yes we're amazing creatures. Animal creatures. We are separate from other animals, but we're still animals.

We're part of the circle of life MM. We can't survive without our animal brethren.

Finally you get my point. From the way you were talking it sounded like you were saying humans were meaningless creatures that are not special in any way.

So are all other animals soulless monsters?

Never said they were soulless. I meant that they are not able to imagine and create as we are. There is a difference between a soul and your spirit.

C

Crossroads

Finally you get my point. From the way you were talking it sounded like you were saying humans were meaningless creatures that are not special in any way.

lol You're silly. So you agree we're animals then. RIGHT?

Iridium

Awards
No, I believe we are mamals but that we are not animals. We are humans.

... but we're still animals biologically speaking. "Mammal" is more so a label.

The only thing that makes us special is the fact that we are sentient. Other then that, compared to other species we're quite feeble.

we are still animals evolved from monkeys/apes caused by a mutation in a gene.

We didn't evolve from them. Apes, monkeys and other primates all have a common ancestor.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
According to the Theory of Evolution, we are still animals evolved from monkeys/apes caused by a mutation in a gene. In other words we are still animals, we just evolved differently.

I don't believe in evolution. Bunch of BS that is missing so many links that it could'nt possibly be 100% true.

Iridium

Awards
I don't believe in evolution. Bunch of BS that is missing so many links that it could'nt possibly be 100% true.

Who ever said it was 100% fool proof? However, for the most part it's correct on a lot of the aspects of nature.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Who ever said it was 100% fool proof? However, for the most part it's correct on a lot of the aspects of nature.

"Missing Link" is the thing that disproves evolution. Until you find a missing link, it is impossible to say that we evolved with 100% truth.

Donna da Ragione

And yet you're a creationist? Ironic. Also, what "links" are missing from macroevolution (microevolution is fact) that makes it "BS"?

What separates us is superior brain function combined with the proper anatomy. Humans are still classified under animal regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back