• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ven is NOT a roxas clone

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

enigmawielder

first off i dont know if this belongs in the spoiler section but i think everybody's played BBS by now.

so im reading some reviews for BBS and some of the reviewers discuss TAV. but when they talk about ventus they simply just say that he's a roxas clone in a way and that just simply grinds my gears.

in my opinion i seriously dont think that ven is a roxas clone since after all they just look the same but they arent the same person. after playing as ven in BBS theres a huge difference between the two.

well anyways what do you guys think? do you think that ven is just another roxas clone or that he's an individual with his own personality?

kiante

Actually, I think Roxas IS Ven, without memories of his original life.

He does have a totally different fighting style. None of the BBS heroes fight the way that Sora and Roxas do/did. Sora and Roxas fight with a sort of balance between the three styles, while each character in BBS heavily specializes.

Also, in personality, Ven seems more like Sora than Roxas to me.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The way I see it, Roxas is as much Ven as he is Sora. There's a part of them that he has, Ven's heart and Sora's body and soul, but he is his own person as well. I tend to ignore comments like that because, well, for one thing, they mention Roxas because he's an existing character we can associate with, and clone really just refers to the similar appearance. Playing BBS showed, at least imo, pretty clearly that Ven is not just simply a clone.

LynnStrife

Awards
Website
lynnstrife.deviantart.com
Ven just looks like Roxas, but he's so different and a induvidual character.
Since he's in Sora's heart now, there's of course a connection between Ventus and Roxas, but they're not clones.
...so, I totally agree with you guys xD

Box_ghost

For intents and purposes of Ven and Roxas looking alike, yeah Ven's a clone. Or Roxas is a clone. Doesn't matter which.

Roxas has no real personality to speak of. He has inklings of what Sora used to be like, but beyond that, his "personality" was shaped around his daily life. Which literally was wake up, beat something's face in, eat ice cream, sleep, lather, rinse, repeat.

Ven's personality so to speak was designed around Roxas' but more like Sora's. So in a way, he's both their clones. But I digress.

tl;dr: they aren't clones of each other.

Last edited:

Box_ghost

I didn't say or imply that..

If anything, Ven is the unneded reason for something that was cool, making him the poser.

HiByeYou987

I'm gonna say that Sora and Roxas are Ven clones.
Sora may have been the original introduced but Ven is the one who lived first.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Nomura already has confirmed that Ven and Roxas are not the same person.

Mister E

Roxas is only similar to Ventus in that he speaks and looks like him. As far as we know, he isn't the same person; he only looks like Ventus because Sora is harbouring Ven's heart within his own, making his Nobody take Ven's appearance (somehow). The case of Vanitas and Sora is kind of similar; Vanitas is, for all intents and purposes, a part of Ventus (although explicitly not a Nobody), but after Sora's heart connected with Ven's to heal the break, Vanitas at some point took on the appearance of Sora. I believe this was probably intentionally analogous.

However, Roxas does also collapse upon entering Castle Oblivion in Days, and I recall hearing that this was due to him coming too close to Ven's sleeping body within the Chamber of Waking. It could be just due to Roxas containing a part of Ventus' memories that he cannot consciously recall, or it could be something that's never fully explained. I just find it interesting.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
However, Roxas does also collapse upon entering Castle Oblivion in Days, and I recall hearing that this was due to him coming too close to Ven's sleeping body within the Chamber of Waking. It could be just due to Roxas containing a part of Ventus' memories that he cannot consciously recall, or it could be something that's never fully explained. I just find it interesting.
It was probably due to the fact that Ven's Heart (which was in Roxas) got too close to Ven.

Mister E

It was probably due to the fact that Ven's Heart (which was in Roxas) got too close to Ven.

When was that confirmed? I don't recall hearing about it.

Anyway, back on topic, Roxas sort of became his own person despite being Sora's Nobody, so I wouldn't say that he's a clone of Ventus, not particularly.

Last edited:

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
When was that confirmed? I don't recall hearing about it.
It's kind of obvious...

Roxas has Ven's Heart which is why he looks like him, can experience emotions, fainted when he went too close to his body, and can duel wield at the end of the game.

impart

Climb The Sky
Roxas and Ven are different people, they have different personality's

Roxas is Sora's nobody

Mister E

It's kind of obvious...

Roxas has Ven's Heart which is why he looks like him, can experience emotions, fainted when he went too close to his body, and can duel wield at the end of the game.

Oh yeah, it definitely makes a lot of sense, no argument there. I guess I'd just not thought about it. Durr hurr.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
first off i dont know if this belongs in the spoiler section but i think everybody's played BBS by now.

so im reading some reviews for BBS and some of the reviewers discuss TAV. but when they talk about ventus they simply just say that he's a roxas clone in a way and that just simply grinds my gears.

in my opinion i seriously dont think that ven is a roxas clone since after all they just look the same but they arent the same person. after playing as ven in BBS theres a huge difference between the two.

well anyways what do you guys think? do you think that ven is just another roxas clone or that he's an individual with his own personality?

Ven came first people
VEN CAME FIRST

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
As already mentioned numerous times, they are different people. Even the tones of their voice differ (though I cannot confirm that for the JPN version.) Ventus has a slightly more "optimistic" and "energetic" nuance to his. It also has a higher pitch (though this is not too noticable)

Roxas' voice is more gruff and austere in contrast to its Ventus counterpart. Roxas' voice always struck me as serious, while Ven's is a bit more...whiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back