• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Vanitas' Novel Backstory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah now I'm a little curious too. It'd be cool to take a gander at some other back stories or something of the like

Well, the Reverse/Rebirth novel (look for them in the index here) has Riku Replica's back story :3

Umm what else. The Days novels has extra stuff about what Xion did when she ran away with Riku... that's not really back story though.

Man this makes me want to hurry up and get these BBS novels done. Almost finished chapter 1 of book 1, so much left to go ;A;/

Zul

Awards
Well, the Reverse/Rebirth novel (look for them in the index here) has Riku Replica's back story :3

Umm what else. The Days novels has extra stuff about what Xion did when she ran away with Riku... that's not really back story though.

Man this makes me want to hurry up and get these BBS novels done. Almost finished chapter 1 of book 1, so much left to go ;A;/

Try to spot Vanitas's name across the Novel and verify if this backstory posted here is real or not, if you don't mind of course.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Try to spot Vanitas's name across the Novel and verify if this backstory posted here is real or not, if you don't mind of course.

I think the more appropriate question to ask is "Goldpanner, do you have volume 3? If you do, may you look inside the contents and see if the chapter is legit, please? If you don't mind, of course :)"

Zul

Awards
I think the more appropriate question to ask is "Goldpanner, do you have volume 3? If you do, may you look inside the contents and see if the chapter is legit, please? If you don't mind, of course :)"

. ......o_O.......

"volume 3" is a relevant addition to the question(as I did not know it was released in volumes) but okay.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
. ......o_O.......

"volume 3" is a relevant addition to the question(as I did not know it was released in volumes) but okay.

I'm just being meticulous. :3 You made it seem like a hopeful demand.

And yeah, the game was split into three novels. "Something Strange", "Best Friends", and "To the Future".

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Kudos to all who translate these things cuz I'm genuinely happy to have read this and other translated stuff.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Kudos to all who translate these things cuz I'm genuinely happy to have read this and other translated stuff.

Well, the tidbit shown there in FF.net seems to be more of a summary with several personal notes/opinions of the author added in though.

Nonetheless...to read the actual thing will be a breaker indeed...and as far as I've read goldpanner already has volumes 1 and 2 of the BBS novels...and if these novels in general are that good as that part about Vanitas suggests I'll happily await the translations for them. ;)
Now we need only someone to donate the third one to her, lol.

Kudos indeed...^__^

Zul

Awards
I'm just being meticulous. :3 You made it seem like a hopeful demand.

Oh :), GP and I are supaclose, in fact I ask Grass for stuff even more informally.

Grass, get top men working on that MF essay you showed me earlier.

Top. Men.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

Yeah. Kupos to the author who's provided this interpretation/translation. I love it so much.

Radar

Bronze Member
THIS IS WHAT WE ARE MISSING OUT ON?!

come on are you serious. that was so epic, that it makes me wonder why the hell arnt these novels released in english. I loved reading that about vanitas. I never once thought about it that way. Please, keep up the translations so maybe we can find even more secrets.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
After reading this, BBS is the saddest KH story by far. That was awful, Vanitas endured all that just so people would care about him.

I think some of the memories that Namine saw in Sora's heart, that she found sad, should be this, mainly this IMO.
Seriously if Sora knows about this then he's gonna get all sad and try to help Vanitas. But no, like people said before Vanitas isn't one of the ones supposed to be saved.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I dont think he was looking for somebody to care about him. Maybe in the beginning, but once he learned that it was impossible for him to ever truly experience the feelings of love and happiness himself, he set his sights on finding something to make him complete...even if it meant he would always feel hate and pain.

Regardless if anybody would care about him, he just wanted to be whole.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
So he's too far gone. Even if someone would try to reach out to him or care for him, he'd just reject it. Then again he believes that no one will even want to care for him (which is kinda true, we only care for him cuz we're not the ones he's terrorizing. imagine if he were right next to the guy! he'd try to chop off your head!) so he's just focused on becoming whole.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Nevertheless Sora would still try if he would come to know of Vanitas's true story and if he is still around in some form.
As for Ventus...while he's no doubt similar to Sora and also a caring type...after all the agony and pain Vanitas has put him through (although the most blame of course needs to be directed at Xehanort) I doubt that Ven would even want Vanitas near him again, much less to reach out and care for him.
Riku would probably take a similar approach as he did with Roxas...sympathy yes, but for the greater good he would go against him.
(Not that I would want to put Roxas on the same level as Vanitas, he's not evil, but you get my point I hope.)
Aqua...pfff, she probably would go to destroy him on the spot...

Now the real interesting cases would be Mickey and Terra...as I can't quite put how they would react.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I would if I had that novel ;A; I only have 1 and 2 right now.

I'm betting it is real, though. Kanemaki ('the staff') is probably the one who got Nomura to change his original plan of making Xion go evil.

Ahaha, thank you for defending my honour! But Zulkir and me are tight, so I don't mind ;D

Now we need only someone to donate the third one to her, lol.

Funnily enough, SQEXGAL has already bought me a copy and is sending it soon :D :D In fact, she translated a little bit already~

Oh :), GP and I are supaclose, in fact I ask Grass for stuff even more informally.

uygqf.jpg

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm betting it is real, though. Kanemaki ('the staff') is probably the one who got Nomura to change his original plan of making Xion go evil.
That would have been nice, Xion going evil.

Funnily enough, SQEXGAL has already bought me a copy and is sending it soon :D :D In fact, she translated a little bit already~
Oh my, that was intense ~

I really like the authors footnote
I don’t normally translate content from the novels, but I wanted to share this because it seemed a lot of fans misconceived the meaning of “Reconnect to Kingdom Hearts” when it displayed at the end of Birth by Sleep. The inclusion of these scenes from Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix as the final chapter of the Birth by Sleep novel emphasizes the intention to go replay the old games and see how they connect rather than trying to instigate a new game title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back