• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why is there a chosen one?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

twilight blade13

Hi there

I just wanted to ask why there is a chosen keyblade master (Sora) because in BBS Terra, Ven and Aqua weren't chosen by the keyblade and it is revealed that there and many more keyblade wielders (Seen by all the keyblades in the Keyblade Graveyard).

I don't know if this makes sense but if you can help it would be greatly appreciated.

LegendaryHeroLCB

Website
www.google.com
It probably has something to do with the "light" within someone's heart. If you pay close attention, the names of those three evoke the technical element or at least what the name portrays (Terra being strong like Earth, Ventus is swift like the Wind, and Aqua being soothing and supportive like water). At the same time, Riku, although strong like Earth is complex and highly elusive like Darkness while Sora is warm and beeming with Light. It's just a guess but I think the element of Light and Darkness are two severely important elements because they can be used with all other elements (the only reference being the magic that you can use) making them the practical building blocks of everything. That's why they need chosen ones.

Awards
What do you mean chosen keyblade master? Aqua and Mickey are masters, too. They have to pass a test and are awarded the title. Both Riku and Sora are trying to become master.... so how is there only a chosen master? Sora's the chosen main protagonist and he was chosen as a keyblade wielder, but...
Then again, I may be wrong or misunderstanding you... Sorry if I am.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'll explain the best I can, Seph, Memory, and Grass will clean up what I say. Sora isn't a Master (Just was refer to as one).. Sora's case was different, but for others, it's another story. To have a keyblade, you must have a Strong Heart or be passed the Rite by a Master.

twilight blade13

To Lengendary HeroLCB - I get what your saying however I dont see how it explains why there needs to be a chosen one. If anything I would think what your saying explains why Sora is the chosen one even though Riku was supposed to be the chosen one originally.

To MegaWallFlower - Sorry to confuse you but I didnt mean chosen keyblade master so much as chosen keyblade wielder. I know that in KH3D Sora and Riku are training to be Keyblade masters but throughout KH1 people keep saying that the keyblade chose Sora e.g. traverse town Leon says it. Do you get what Im saying?

To Oathkeeperriku09 - I know Sora isnt a "Keyblade Master" however in KH1 many people say that Sora was the "Chosen One"

NOTE: I shouldnt have said keyblade master as obviously that became a term itself in BBS. I don't mean why do they refer to Sora as a keyblade master I just mean why is he referred to as the chosen one while there are many other keyblade wielders out there.

Last edited:
Awards
Do you mean the chosen one to wield that specific key? It left Riku because his heart turned to darkness, I think, and instead it went to Sora. Riku was able to get a keyblade later, though, and he and Sora are now working together on this.

LegendaryHeroLCB

Website
www.google.com
Do you mean the chosen one to wield that specific key? It left Riku because his heart turned to darkness, I think, and instead it went to Sora. Riku was able to get a keyblade later, though, and he and Sora are now working together on this.
That's pretty much what my argument is. Notice there's no such specific wielders for keychain or gear keyblades (even though technically Kingdom Key is a keychain so someone else will elaborate).

twilight blade13

What I more mean is why there is a "Chosen One". Terra, Ven, Aqua, Mickey etc were all keyblade wielders but in KH1 Sora is the chosen one. Let me put it this way. Riku can use they keyblade because of Terra's initiation rite and Sora can use the keyblade because of Ven in his heartso why must there be a chosen one in the first place? Do I make any sense, sorry if I dont

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I don't think there's really a "chosen one". Nomura said that Sora is just a normal kid, it's just the hand that fate dealt.

LegendaryHeroLCB

Website
www.google.com
OH! I KNOW! He's the chosen one to save everyone!!! I GET IT!

^This.

Because of the events of BBS, Sora (by whatever reason) is chosen to carry out the task of helping everyone because he has the inner strength to do so. Riku had it too, but failed because he became corrupted so Sora was the replacement. BAM! I have solved everything! > : D

twilight blade13

I don't think there's really a "chosen one". Nomura said that Sora is just a normal kid, it's just the hand that fate dealt.

Yes even saying that it was fate that Sora should recieve the keyblade. My point is why is there a fate at all isnt just normal that Sora should wield the keyblade because of ven's heart in sora's.

twilight blade13

^This.

Because of the events of BBS, Sora (by whatever reason) is chosen to carry out the task of helping everyone because he has the inner strength to do so. Riku had it too, but failed because he became corrupted so Sora was the replacement. BAM! I have solved everything! > : D

hmmm okayyyy that makes sense but let me ask you this then.

In KH1 the fourth Journal entry of Riku says

"When Kairi lost her heart, Riku allied himself with Maleficent to save her. Riku was actually the rightful master of the Keyblade, but once he chose darkness over light, the weapon chose Sora instead. Ansem exploited Riku's weakness of heart and possessed him."

Why did the weapon need to choose anyone? Sora and Riku can wield keyblades so why must the keyblade choose Sora hence he being the chosen one?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Yes even saying that it was fate that Sora should recieve the keyblade. My point is why is there a fate at all isnt just normal that Sora should wield the keyblade because of ven's heart in sora's.

Ven's heart being inside Sora wasn't something planned from the beginning, it was retconned that way.

Awards
It was originally Riku's, that's why it had to choose. Notice how it changed from one to the other in the game? There was just one between them at the time. Only now do they both have their own.

LegendaryHeroLCB

Website
www.google.com
hmmm okayyyy that makes sense but let me ask you this then.

In KH1 the fourth Journal entry of Riku says

"When Kairi lost her heart, Riku allied himself with Maleficent to save her. Riku was actually the rightful master of the Keyblade, but once he chose darkness over light, the weapon chose Sora instead. Ansem exploited Riku's weakness of heart and possessed him."

Why did the weapon need to choose anyone? Sora and Riku can wield keyblades so why must the keyblade choose Sora hence he being the chosen one?
Remember what I said about the element thing. I think Kingdom Key is specifically augumented with light, therefore someone with a severe concentration of light has to wield it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back