• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

WTF Frollo

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Ok, so, I just finished the Hunchback of Notre Dame level as Riku and before you fight the Wargoyle Frollo talks about his powers, the Wargoyle shows up, and then Frollo just falls backwards killing himself.

Why

Roro

Awards
Yea my initial reaction was wtf too lol. He makes this big long speech then he falls into a fiery pit of death lol, the background music should've been hell fire when that happened lol.

soraalam1

I guess it has something to do with thats kinda how he died in the movie (I think). But since Disney isn't as dark as they used to be, They didn't make someone push him but instead him falling off by accident. Supposedly from the vibration or wind or something of the Dream Eater.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
The darkness corrupted him. All he wanted to do was rid the city of the Gypsies, which he thought that he accomplished when he started the giant "bonfire." Thinking his job was done, he decided to commit suicide, while laughing hysterically.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
In the movie he dies while attempting to swing his sword at Esmerelda to kill her, but then I'm pretty sure he slips and comes face to face with a gargoyle statue on the side of the church which he is then holding onto to prevent falling into the fire.

It breaks and he falls to his death.

Here he's just killing himself for no reason.

He's like "Sweet, now that I can finally kill all the gypsies with my new-found power I should kill myself. Justice."

The darkness corrupted him. All he wanted to do was rid the city of the Gypsies, which he thought that he accomplished when he started the giant "bonfire." Thinking his job was done, he decided to commit suicide, while laughing hysterically.

That makes more sense. It's better than just him killing himself for no reason.

Awards
Maybe he's just so absorbed in his power that he's blinded to his surroundings and just falls back while kind of deluded having finally been granted the power he believes he can use to carry out his righteous judgement. The power of darkness was too much for him.

Or he just decided he didn't want to live on this planet anymore or something. I dunno.

soraalam1

In the movie he dies while attempting to swing his sword at Esmerelda to kill her, but then I'm pretty sure he slips and comes face to face with a gargoyle statue on the side of the church which he is then holding onto to prevent falling into the fire.

It breaks and he falls to his death..

Haha! I guess you just proved I didn't watch the movie. :p

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It breaks and he falls to his death.

Here he's just killing himself for no reason.

He's like "Sweet, now that I can finally kill all the gypsies with my new-found power I should kill myself. Justice."

That makes more sense. It's better than just him killing himself for no reason.
Well, actually his movie death is used in Sora's story. I think the gargoyle thing breaks off and he falls.

But he doesn't commit suicide. He gets knocked off by the force of Wargoyal.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I liked his suicide death on Riku's side. You know how long it took for me to get over the fact he jumped into the fire of his own volition? It was way better than the way it was in the movie (or the novel for that matter.) Frollo, being so crazy and driven to destroy the gypsies, doesn't even care about killing himself in the process. You know how intense that is?

xD

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
i'm pretty sure we're meant to believe it was the force of the wargoyle passing over him that knocked him off-balance

Love Machine

strut strut strut
i'm pretty sure we're meant to believe it was the force of the wargoyle passing over him that knocked him off-balance

But his acceptance over that is what makes it more suicidal. Instead of attempting to stay upright and balanced, he let himself fall backwards. Makes me think he could care less what happened to him, and more about what happened to the gypsies, like Spockanort said.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
But his acceptance over that is what makes it more suicidal. Instead of attempting to stay upright and balanced, he let himself fall backwards.

Well, I think he just figured that the Gargoyle Dream Eater was sending him to the heavens to be crowned in glory or something like that. That's how I look at it.

I actually really liked how they did Notre Dame in KH3D. I always knew it wouldn't be a 100% adaptation (since NONE of the worlds in the KH series are), I was glad for how much they did keep in.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Every world in the game was great, imo. The game was definitely different from all of the others, but it was a good different.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
But his acceptance over that is what makes it more suicidal. Instead of attempting to stay upright and balanced, he let himself fall backwards. Makes me think he could care less what happened to him, and more about what happened to the gypsies, like Spockanort said.
idk it seemed to me he was more deluded than anything when he fell

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I really have to agree with you here. I didn't see it as a suicide attempt, nor did I see him really that comfortable with death.

I saw it as he fell off accidentally, deluded, and believed God would save him or that he was invincible.

Love Machine

strut strut strut

To me, that is just him being corrupted by the darkness. Most Disney characters using the darkness in past games used it's power profusely and succumbed to it. His was just different, I guess.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
I really have to agree with you here. I didn't see it as a suicide attempt, nor did I see him really that comfortable with death.

I saw it as he fell off accidentally, deluded, and believed God would save him or that he was invincible.
exactly
21ec84n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back