• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Naminé Explained

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustSnilloc

What exactly is Namine? This has been a question since KH2 brought to attention that she is Kairi's Nobody but lacking all the "necessary" parts. As funny as it is, the answer has been right in front of our noses the entire time. Yep, we've had the answer to that question ever since it's birth, what is it? Well, let's first look at what a nobody is...

If a person with a strong enough heart loses their heart to darkness, the body left without a heart will then become reconstructed as a Nobody. An interesting thing to note is how exceptionally strong hearts will leave exceptionally strong imprints on their bodies before being completely lost to the darkness. Got it memorized? Good, let's continue. Hearts have this funny way of changing the appearance of bodies that they are in. Examples? Ansem SoD inside Riku's body, Ventus's heart inside Sora's Nobody, and The pieces of Xehanort's heart inside his vessels.

Now, remember how in KH1 Sora lost his body, became a heartless, then got a new body from Kairi? Well that body that Sora got wasn't an actual body, it was a PPS created mostly from Kairi's Princess Magic... Get where I'm going with this yet?

When Sora used Ansem's artificial keyblade on himself, it released Sora and Kairi's hearts from Sora's body. This simple process is what created Roxas and Naminé. Roxas took with him Sora's body/soul and Ventus's heart while what Naminé took was a bit more ambiguous. Through the subconscious use of her Princess Magic (or the forced use of thanks to the effects of the PoH Keyblade), Kairi created yet another (or her first if you're looking at it chronologically) Psuedo body made of light. However, it didn't finish forming until about the same time as Roxas.

While the imprints that Kairi left were the strongest, Naminé isn't without influence from other hearts. Naminé also recieved subtle influences from Sora (being connected to his memories) and Ventus (Blonde Hair, I'd also venture to say that Ventus's influences are why she showed up in Castle Oblivion).

Alright, let's summarize;
Naminé is the Nobody of Kairi, however unlike most Nobodies, her "body" isn't actually a body as it's really a Psuedo body made from Princess Magics. This "Pseudo Body" went through the same process all Nobodies go through, but received some extra imprints from hearts other than Kairi's. These added imprints subtly changed Naminé causing her to look slightly different than Kairi.

... and that's pretty much it, if you have any questions, feel free to ask

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
*Reads title"

You lie!

*Reads rest of topic*

My mind...it was...not blown. :p

I've theorized this for a while already. It's not so much that there's lack of evidence hinting at what Namine is as there's little that's concrete to hold on to to make a solid judgment.

State

Awards
On my end, there isn't much to discuss here. The only thing I can do is congratulate you for "figuring out" this mystery (I used quotations because someone might rebut this and/or Nomura might clarify this with something else).

Xehanort's Pupil

Didn't Nomura say that he liked changing things up if anybody ever figured stuff out? If he ever found this thread he might just change Namine into being the real Princess of Heart and Kairi is the Nobody and explain it with time travel or something similarly convoluted.

Ruran

Awards
Didn't Nomura say that he liked changing things up if anybody ever figured stuff out? If he ever found this thread he might just change Namine into being the real Princess of Heart and Kairi is the Nobody and explain it with time travel or something similarly convoluted.

Is it weird that I've theorized something similar to this? If this is the case let's just come up with as many bat shit crazy theories as possible, send an e-mail with a link to Square, and see what Nomura comes up with.

State

Awards
For that, you'd need someone keen on the Japanese language to translate all of this and pray to God Nomura actually reads your entry instead of the hundreds of emails he must receive.

Ruran

Awards
^Not sure if joking...because I sure as Hell was.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Huh, I never thought of Kairi's princess of heart powers being responsible for Namine's body. That actually makes sense. I could accept this. Nice Job!

Brings up an interesting point: Why don't they just use Kairi's power to restore Roxas, Xion, and Namine's physical bodies?

JustSnilloc

Brings up an interesting point: Why don't they just use Kairi's power to restore Roxas, Xion, and Namine's physical bodies?

I was actually thinking that they might do such a thing... If she could learn to hone that ability it would certainly be able to help them gain their form once more

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Interesting theory which does make sense, however, one thing is contradicted by the glossary entries in Dream Drop Distance, particulary the last one you receive regulary (meaning not the secret message).

The entry Hearts connected to Sora says that Sora helped giving Naminé a form, not Kairi.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Hi guys! I'm newly signed up, but I've been lurking these forums for a few years now. :)This "explanation" sounds great! But, it still feels like something is missing.A while back, I had this crazy idea that Naminé had Kairi's soul and a PPS of Ventus' heart (turned female) for her body, but I forgot my exact reasoning for it. Something about Sora's heart gaining a PPS and Ventus' doing the same, but attaching itself to Kairi's soul and turning female in the process.

Ruran

Awards
Hi guys! I'm newly signed up, but I've been lurking these forums for a few years now. :)This "explanation" sounds great! But, it still feels like something is missing.A while back, I had this crazy idea that Naminé had Kairi's soul and a PPS of Ventus' heart (turned female) for her body, but I forgot my exact reasoning for it. Something about Sora's heart gaining a PPS and Ventus' doing the same, but attaching itself to Kairi's soul and turning female in the process.

*waves*

Welcome the the forums xblade13! :D

I doubt Namine took her soul because that's what keeps a person alive. There isn't a reason for Namine to have taken her soul but new ones can be made I think. I don't think one can take the PPS of someone else either as the purpose of one is to give a heart a "shell" and it's something the heart projects. If Namine had a PPS it's because she had a heart already to provide one.

Xblade13

Awards
*waves*Welcome the the forums xblade13! :D I doubt Namine took her soul because that's what keeps a person alive. There isn't a reason for Namine to have taken her soul but new ones can be made I think. I don't think one can take the PPS of someone else either as the purpose of one is to give a heart a "shell" and it's something the heart projects. If Namine had a PPS it's because she had a heart already to provide one.
*waves back* :DYou're right, I don't really know where it came from. What I'm wondering is, if Sora split into 2 Nobodies - Roxas and Naminé - for both his and Kairi's hearts, why didn't Terranort do the same for Terra and the old coot? Ventus not getting a Nobody I can understand, he was a wounded heart tethered to Sora's. But Terra and Xehanort both had strong hearts that were directly opposing each other. There should have been 2 Heartless and Nobodies for that split. Why is it a single one? And if only one SHOULD be made, why is Naminé the exception?Sorry if this is off topic.

Ruran

Awards
*waves back* :DYou're right, I don't really know where it came from. What I'm wondering is, if Sora split into 2 Nobodies - Roxas and Naminé - for both his and Kairi's hearts, why didn't Terranort do the same for Terra and the old coot? Ventus not getting a Nobody I can understand, he was a wounded heart tethered to Sora's. But Terra and Xehanort both had strong hearts that were directly opposing each other. There should have been 2 Heartless and Nobodies for that split. Why is it a single one? And if only one SHOULD be made, why is Naminé the exception?Sorry if this is off topic.

The rule of thumb seems to be that a Nobody is created for every individual heart that leaves a body. Sora's and Kairi's hearts left separately so two Nobodies were made. Terra's heart was trapped by Xehanort's and is presumed to be still captive. Ven is questionably still a PoH (Prince of Heart) so that could explain why didn't create a Nobody either but from what I understand a Nobody is only created when a Heartless is but don't quote me on that last bit.

Then there's the fact that Namine doesn't seem to really be a Nobody, she's just categorized as one because there's no other reference for her "being" and her birth was similar to one. Therefor, all the mystery behind her.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
A Nobody's birth involves a heart rejecting a body from whatever Realm they're in. I interpret that as the physical body dissolving away. Kairi couldn't create Namine when her heart left her body because Kairi's body didn't dissolve. However, the rejection of Sora's body was what triggered Namine's birth.

In other words, you could say that Namine is more of Sora's Nobody than Kairi's.

DropDistance

I was actually thinking that they might do such a thing... If she could learn to hone that ability it would certainly be able to help them gain their form once more
And it'll give Kairi some actual usefulness to the story. she hasn't been really useful since KH1.

Xblade13

Awards
And it'll give Kairi some actual usefulness to the story. she hasn't been really useful since KH1.
Exactly! She's either been the damsel in distress or just waiting on Destiny Islands since the beginning. Time for her to help out, even if she only saves Roxas, Xion, and Naminé. At least that would be better than standing on a beach while everyone else battles to save the universe, and in the process get kidnapped--again. BTW how do you put spoiler tags on a phrase?

Ruran

Awards
Exactly! She's either been the damsel in distress or just waiting on Destiny Islands since the beginning. Time for her to help out, even if she only saves Roxas, Xion, and Naminé. At least that would be better than standing on a beach while everyone else battles to save the universe, and in the process get kidnapped--again. BTW how do you put spoiler tags on a phrase?

I'd argue that being a DiD in itself isn't a bad trope, It's just easy to abuse.

There's two ways two put spoiler tags.

Black Outs:

[ spoilers]Text Here[ /spoilers]

Just remove the spaces.

And Spoiler Boxes:

[ spoiler=Title]Text Here[ /Spoiler]

Also removing the Spaces.

Then they should look like this:

Either:

Hi!:D

Or:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Xblade13

Awards
I'd argue that being a DiD in itself isn't a bad trope, It's just easy to abuse. There's two ways two put spoiler tags.Black Outs:[ spoilers]Text Here[ /spoilers]Just remove the spaces.And Spoiler Boxes:[ spoiler=Title]Text Here[ /Spoiler]Also removing the Spaces.Then they should look like this:Either:Hi!:DOr:
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Thanks for the help. :)
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back