• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

When are we expecting news?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
The date in Nvidia's leak was most likely just a placeholder.

It definitely was considering it was 9/30/23, which is the last day of a fiscal quarter. But it’s possible SE told them they were aiming for Q3 of 2023. So Nvidia listed it is as the last day of that quarter.

Let’s pretend for a second that the Nvidia date was based on SE’s target for KH4 at the time. Since Missing Link’s CBT test was originally supposed to be in late 2022 and KH4 was listed as Q3 of 2023, there would be about a year gap between the CBT and KH4.

Based on that timing, I think late 2024 could still be on the table since the ML CBT started late 2023.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
It definitely was considering it was 9/30/23, which is the last day of a fiscal quarter. But it’s possible SE told them they were aiming for Q3 of 2023. So Nvidia listed it is as the last day of that quarter.

Let’s pretend for a second that the Nvidia date was based on SE’s target for KH4 at the time. Since Missing Link’s CBT test was originally supposed to be in late 2022 and KH4 was listed as Q3 of 2023, there would be about a year gap between the CBT and KH4.

Based on that timing, I think late 2024 could still be on the table since the ML CBT started late 2023.
Since late 2024 will likely be all about the launch of Nintendo's new handheld/console hybrid, they might want to avoid the smoke and wait for winter 2025, where the game can be a bigger topic.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Since late 2024 will likely be all about the launch of Nintendo's new handheld/console hybrid, they might want to avoid the smoke and wait for winter 2025, where the game can be a bigger topic.

Yeah KH3 did well in January so I could see them going for that same window again. I think it would only be 2024 if it’s ready to release by like October. Any later and they’ll bump it to January for the same reasons they did KH3.

On the news front, I’m seeing rumors of a State of Play this week from sources who have been right about this stuff before. No KH mentioned, but Rebirth is said to be there. If so, this will likely be its final big trailer.

FFXVI also had its final trailer a month before its release and then Rebirth’s re-reveal came two weeks later. So I’m hoping there’s still a chance that my theory of us getting something for KH4 around the 16th could pan out.

Still no word on that Missing Link beta, but could still start this week and then run for two weeks. If it’s delayed, I can’t imagine it would be pushed very far if they’re still planning for a release around May.

Launchpad

Awards
Yeah KH3 did well in January so I could see them going for that same window again. I think it would only be 2024 if it’s ready to release by like October. Any later and they’ll bump it to January for the same reasons they did KH3.

On the news front, I’m seeing rumors of a State of Play this week from sources who have been right about this stuff before. No KH mentioned, but Rebirth is said to be there. If so, this will likely be its final big trailer.

FFXVI also had its final trailer a month before its release and then Rebirth’s re-reveal came two weeks later. So I’m hoping there’s still a chance that my theory of us getting something for KH4 around the 16th could pan out.

Still no word on that Missing Link beta, but could still start this week and then run for two weeks. If it’s delayed, I can’t imagine it would be pushed very far if they’re still planning for a release around May.
LMAO I'm going on a week long cruise in May starting on the 4th, aka STAR WARZ DAYYYY and I'm so fuckin scared they're going to save KH4's inevitable Star Wars 'reveal' trailer for it and I'll be too busy having a joyful, relaxing, no-wifi time to see it and join in on the Khinsider Conversation when it occurs.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
LMAO I'm going on a week long cruise in May starting on the 4th, aka STAR WARZ DAYYYY and I'm so fuckin scared they're going to save KH4's inevitable Star Wars 'reveal' trailer for it and I'll be too busy having a joyful, relaxing, no-wifi time to see it and join in on the Khinsider Conversation when it occurs.

If it gives you any hope, there’s no official Star Wars Celebration this year! So one less big event that might encourage them to release it that day. Lol. (I just hope they aren’t saving it for the one in Japan in 2025. 😅)

Instead, maybe they’ll reveal it sooner and then just use Star Wars Day to post clips and screenshots on their social pages. Maybe releasing official renders of the Star Wars characters or something like that.

EDIT: Just realized SW Celebrations don’t normally take place on Star Wars Day and actually usually take place a few weeks before. So there not being one may actually make SW Day MORE likely. Sorry Launchpad. 🙈

Last edited:

Liodin

Awards
Since Geoff Keighley got the trailers for FF EC and Rebirth, both at the same event, it's possible we'll see KH at The Game Awards.

If not in February there is usually a State of Play, so if they plan to do the same thing they did with Rebirth and FF16 and release a trailer a little before the release of Rebirth, that's the event we need to keep an eye out for.

I said it back in Sep 15, 2023.
What if...

NoWay

Awards
Is it naive to assume that the game’s already finished and they are bug fixing/polishing like FF16 in its last year of development? I mean IF they aimed for a 2023 release according to the Nvidia leak, they must have been pretty confident with the development process..

I’m still wondering where the alleged UX remake is, but I gave up hope.

the red monster

Awards
since ps5 pro will be releasing this year, i expect playstation showcase around june-september. this is where the KH4 news cycle will begin i believe. nomura might drop some info in interview for the anniversary.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I said it back in Sep 15, 2023.
What if...

I think the SoP will focus on Rebirth and they’ll do their own thing for KH either in a couple weeks or in March/April.

But just saying, I would TOTALLY forgive Nomura for the beta’s delay if he dropped a KH4 trailer on us Wednesday. Not to mention, KH3 did just hit its 5th anniversary, which has been acknowledged by not only SE but PlayStation and The Game Awards accounts as well. Not really typical to see with KH games. Maybe something is brewing.

Also. just remembered that KH3’s secret ending was added on 1/31/19. So this would be exactly five years since we first learned Yozora and Quadratum are real and had our first true KH4 tease.

Is it naive to assume that the game’s already finished and they are bug fixing/polishing like FF16 in its last year of development? I mean IF they aimed for a 2023 release according to the Nvidia leak, they must have been pretty confident with the development process..

I’m still wondering where the alleged UX remake is, but I gave up hope.

I think it’s possible UE5 made it take longer. Rebirth’s director recently talked about how they didn’t use UE5 because it still lacked some functions needed and would have caused the game to take much longer to release. So KH4 may have fallen victim to some of those issues. But hopefully that is all resolved.

Last edited:
Awards
I think the SoP will focus on Rebirth and they’ll do their own thing for KH either in a couple weeks or in March/April.

But just saying, I would TOTALLY forgive Nomura for the beta’s delay if he dropped a KH4 trailer on us Wednesday. Not to mention, KH3 did just hit its 5th anniversary, which has been acknowledged by not only SE but PlayStation and The Game Awards accounts as well. Not really typical to see with KH games. Maybe something is brewing.

Also. just remembered that KH3’s secret ending was added on 1/31/19. So this would be exactly five years since we first learned Yozora and Quadratum are real and had our first true KH4 tease.

I think it’s possible UE5 made it take longer. Rebirth’s director recently talked about how they didn’t use UE5 because it still lacked some functions needed and would have caused the game to take much longer to release. So KH4 may have fallen victim to some of those issues. But hopefully that is all resolved.
I can see TGA not being typical, but PlayStation should be a no-brainer.

As for ML's android beta, can't exactly say there was a delay when January wasn't a concrete date but rather a planned date that they could've decided to change.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I can see TGA not being typical, but PlayStation should be a no-brainer.

As for ML's android beta, can't exactly say there was a delay when January wasn't a concrete date but rather a planned date that they could've decided to change.

This is actually my bad. It was only TGA and not PlayStation. Been a crazy day and I must have mixed up their post about Rebirth with TGA’s about KH3.

I don’t see how what you said is different than a delay. They said “The closed beta test for the Android version is scheduled to take place in January 2024.” So if they change it to a later date, that is a delay. For what it’s worth, I was being facetious about the forgiving Nomura thing. I’m not seriously bothered by it likely being pushed back.

We still have until tomorrow to hear something. Applicants were notified last time around 8pm Japan time the day before it started, which would 6am EST for those in the US.

EDIT: It’s officially been delayed to Spring 2024.

IMG_1806.jpeg

Last edited:

Launchpad

Awards
closed beta delayed to spring is fucking crazy!! it's a phone game that, at that point, they announced more than two years prior!! why are they wasting development time (and clearly struggling) on a project that will inevitably die????

Awards
This is actually my bad. It was only TGA and not PlayStation. Been a crazy day and I must have mixed up their post about Rebirth with TGA’s about KH3.

I don’t see how what you said is different than a delay. They said “The closed beta test for the Android version is scheduled to take place in January 2024.” So if they change it to a later date, that is a delay. For what it’s worth, I was being facetious about the forgiving Nomura thing. I’m not seriously bothered by it likely being pushed back.

We still have until tomorrow to hear something. Applicants were notified last time around 8pm Japan time the day before it started, which would 6am EST for those in the US.

EDIT: It’s officially been delayed to Spring 2024.

View attachment 16347
Of friggin course they wait til the end of the damn month to say this.

Waiting for anything related to KH sucks.

Not to mention this is the second time they couldn't get an android test out the door.

And they wait until NOW to be concerned about how many devices can handle this game???

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
closed beta delayed to spring is fucking crazy!! it's a phone game that, at that point, they announced more than two years prior!! why are they wasting development time (and clearly struggling) on a project that will inevitably die????

Seriously. A few weeks would be thing. But two months at least is pretty significant for a closed beta test that was supposed to happen in 2022. Not a great sign. This likely means it won’t release until summer when it will be too miserably hot where I live to play it.

Awards
Oh boy, can't wait for more salt in the wound when after Rebirth comes out, Fantasy Gokuless Dragon Ball steals the show for the whole damn year because god forbid even a single tweet about KH4 causes an entire audience to ignore DQ12 and its unfinalized logo!

LoneFox

Awards
That sounds like their boss gave an old phone to his kids for the beta, and the game turned out to not work on it...

Awards
Realizing your fully 3D Unreal Engine action game with GPS feature might not be compatible with some devices isn't exactly a good excuse to delay a damn beta for one side of the phonesphere.

Why didn't they deal with this issue earlier if they only just now decide to bring it up?

NoWay

Awards
Why do they even HAVE TO develop ML? Does anybody even want that MOBILE game?

They should have made a console f2p version and called it a day.

Back