• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

When are we expecting news?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
it's hard to say. We have Tokyo Game Show in September, but in this modern day we don't really need to depend on events to get news out, nor is it the most effective way to grab the internet's attention. It could be any given Sunday honestly.

blank points

Awards
Yeah, pretty much as Launchpad said. News in this day and age can come at any random point, seeing as Square has been using State of Plays and other online broadcasts for news in recent years. Tokyo Game Show would be the earliest event we could hear anything. D23 Expo is also in that same month, which will be celebrating Disney's 100th anniversary, so we maybe could see something there as well. Now that Final Fantasy XVI is released, that leaves a slot open for marketing for KH, assuming they don't wait until FFVII Rebirth is released first.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I expect there will be a State of Play in early-mid September, which would be our best bet. FFVII Rebirth is going to be the focus and this is likely when we’ll get a release date for that. But we can start getting some KH teasers too now similar to what VII got during XVI’s marketing push.

Recently there haven’t been any actual reveals at TGS itself. Instead, they release a trailer a couple weeks before and then have it playing at the convention.

Yeah, pretty much as Launchpad said. News in this day and age can come at any random point, seeing as Square has been using State of Plays and other online broadcasts for news in recent years. Tokyo Game Show would be the earliest event we could hear anything. D23 Expo is also in that same month, which will be celebrating Disney's 100th anniversary, so we maybe could see something there as well. Now that Final Fantasy XVI is released, that leaves a slot open for marketing for KH, assuming they don't wait until FFVII Rebirth is released first.

Note that there isn’t a full D23 Expo this year. The event this year is Destination D23, which is a smaller event more focused on the parks. I wouldn’t expect KH news there.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
We haven't even gotten any Missing Link news in like forever. Or Steam release news. Or any "JK, here's the actual Switch ports" news.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
We haven't even gotten any Missing Link news in like forever. Or Steam release news. Or any "JK, here's the actual Switch ports" news.
I'm still salty about the Switch port, btw. Really, can't get KH1 and 2 to run natively?

Awards
Hopefully we get something before the end of 2023 but at this point I just hope Nomura will clarify what he said about the franchise when he was on stage at the concert soon

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I'm still salty about the Switch port, btw. Really, can't get KH1 and 2 to run natively?
Can't get a 3DS game to run on it's own successor.

Can't get a PSP game to run but in the same year they release an updated Crisis Core on Switch.

Can't get KH3 to run despite UE4 compatibility but they got Nier Automata on it.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Depending how much story content is planned for ML, I hope they wait until they can do steady story drops up to the release of KH4. I think they’ll at least wait until Ever Crisis is out as that seems farther along.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Hopefully we get something before the end of 2023 but at this point I just hope Nomura will clarify what he said about the franchise when he was on stage at the concert soon
Square next company to be bought by MS, series is now XBox exclusive.

(let's face it, they would sell to the highest bidder).

the red monster

Awards
after rebirth release. aka mid 2024.
we might get news from interviews around TGS.

k99y77

Awards
Square will prioritize FFVIIR now because its closer to release than KHIV, so don't expect any news until next year.

Anyone that wants a KH fix should get into KH randomizers, those are fun, infinitely replayable and will make the wait for future games easier.

gulava

Awards
Square next company to be bought by MS, series is now XBox exclusive.

(let's face it, they would sell to the highest bidder).
very unlikely to happen as square is more than just a video game publisher in japan, and i can not fathom the legal nightmare MS (or any corporate for that matter) might face if they attempt to buy sqaure.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
very unlikely to happen as square is more than just a video game publisher in japan, and i can not fathom the legal nightmare MS (or any corporate for that matter) might face if they attempt to buy sqaure.
Compared to the year plus of them trying to seal the on Activision?

gulava

Awards
Compared to the year plus of them trying to seal the on Activision?
Activision are only video game publishers, meanwhile square publish manga magazines and LNs, and they co-fund anime adaptations of the IPs they own. So yeah, i doubt MS is interested in the anime-manga scene lol

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Activision are only video game publishers, meanwhile square publish manga magazines and LNs, and they co-fund anime adaptations of the IPs they own. So yeah, i doubt MS is interested in the anime-manga scene lol
Which they would just liquidate.

2 quid is good

Awards
No real D23, no E3, nobody cares about the European trifecta of EGX, gamescom and Paris Games week, and apparently nobody cares about TGS anymore either. Is it worth mentioning Jump Festa?

I kinda hate the random online PowerPoints that drop with days notice.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'd be surprised if KHIV comes earlier than 2025, so I personally don't expect any news this year.

Back