• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

358/2 days talking about Touch screen.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Divine Light

hey ive been thinking lately in 358/2 days what will nomura do with the touch screen of the DS. i think he could use it in a really cool way i dont know what though lol.

Will there be a basic game system just like the original Kingdom Heart games?
Hiroshi: In a way the game will be the same as the other Kingdom Hearts games, however there are some problems, such as the buttons on the DS.
Koji: This is true, because there are not as many buttons on the DS as there are on the other consoles, so it will be hard as you had to make good use of the analog, the d-pad and the L and R button. We are still examining on what we can do to get past this.

they didn't talk about the touch screen which kinda makes me think they are trying to hide what it will be used for.

any thoughts?

Charlie K

Back in Business
Well if you look in the new scans you can see one of it's functions are a map, other then that i dunno.

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
Well I remember in an interview Nomura said that he wasn't going to use the touch screen as a touch screen but he was going to use both screens for somthing...

Seikay

I think he might just use the touch screen for the command thingy. That way you dont have to hit the d pad until you get to the action you want like on the other KH games but instead just tap it.

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
I think he might just use the touch screen for the command thingy. That way you dont have to hit the d pad until you get to the action you want like on the other KH games but instead just tap it.

Grr I said already in an interview Nomura was not going to use the touch screen as a touch screen because he would want to take the Kingdom Hearts Game Play feel. Look it up for yourselves Im sure I read it on this site.

Axel5

Grr I said already in an interview Nomura was not going to use the touch screen as a touch screen because he would want to take the Kingdom Hearts Game Play feel. Look it up for yourselves Im sure I read it on this site.

as seasalt keeps stating, nomura said the touchscreen would not be used as a gamplay feature.

The Twilight Prince

The closest I ever gave..
Website
www.myspace.com
as seasalt keeps stating, nomura said the touchscreen would not be used as a gamplay feature.

Which is kinda stupid because I don't particularly understand how it would "ruin" the gameplay. If you're going to use a system with a unique gameplay aspect such as the touch screen, why wouldn't you put it to more use than a map? If say, they put a Kh game on the Wii, that'd be like making you button mash to attack rather than incorporating the motion sensing aspect. Just doesn't make sense.

O a t h keeper

Musically Promiscuous
I know that Nomura said that the touch screen will not be used for anything significant, but I was thinking that it would be perfect for reaction commands. They triangle could appear on the touch screen and if you touch it, Roxas will perform the reaction command! Of course, it would be inconvenient to have to move your hand down really quickly to touch it in time.

Seikay

Oh yeah I remember reading that now. Oh well in the new scan it is showed as a map so I will go with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back