• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

5 years

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
I'm not usually one for starting threads in the foyer, to inform people as to every mundane detail of my actions on this forum, but as of today I've now been a member here for five years, so I think this warrants a reasonable amount of attention whoring.

I've happily wasted quite a significant portion of my life here, but I empathized with
someone’s (RTP?) comment that KHI is always “just there”, so regardless of anything else happening in my life, the familiarity and convenience of this forum is a good enough justification for me to keep coming back.

I never cease to get into trouble for what comes out of my mouth in real life, and I have something to say about almost everything, so this is a great outlet for that surfeit of opinion, and seems much less obnoxious than tweeting or blogging – though I realise that’s ironic since I’ve essentially typed a 300+ words reflection about my ‘experience’ here.

It is interesting to have been able to watch the forum progress so much. When I joined, it was largely eclipsed by the RPG, then the ‘nonsense’ section; and now I think the community as a whole has matured. Forum drama seems just as common, however.

Although most people I was friendly with have jumped ship, there’s still a large amount of people I enjoy conversing with that are more fascinating than some of the people I interact with on a daily basis. Some people I have found to be a little maddening for various reasons, but nevertheless I always wish everyone here all the best in all their endeavours. I’ll probably only be sporadically active in the future, but if you message me, I will always eventually get back to you.

I can't profess to be able to identify explicit ways in which that being here has changed me, but I know that it has affected me. Without being overly pretentious or sentimental, I think the experience is best described by an aphorism that I heard being applied to my favourite book: it has been like ‘drinking wine with a pearl dissolving in the glass’. I’ve taken in more than I care to admit, it’s something that will affect me in nano dilutations over a long period of time; a part of me is pearl-lined, or rather contaminated, depending on how you wish to look at it.

tl; dr, being here has always given me a lot to think about, and that’s all I’ve wanted.

And, as that undeniably awful lyricist from Fall Out Boy said, only to now be echoed an even more awful person, in a more dismal context: ‘Thanks for the memories’.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
i am glad you put that tl;dr because near the end of the post i was like "big words; do not get".

anyway congrats on the 5 years layday, i give you mad props for that.

also i think me, ben and ray (RTP, tux_) derived bttp because of you way back when. thanks 8D

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
Haha, I didn't notice that you've been here since 2004.

You're a good friend, ily.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!

Here you go! A nice, depressing song for celebration!

Happy Five years.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
Congratulations ER.

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
I've happily wasted quite a significant portion of my life here, but I empathized with someone’s (RTP?) comment that KHI is always “just there”, so regardless of anything else happening in my life, the familiarity and convenience of this forum is a good enough justification for me to keep coming back.

I see it the exact same way.
Noticed you havent been active lately but thats expected.

D

Deleted member 36435

Congratulations on 5 years on a Kingdom Hearts internet forum, Naomi.
(hope I get a chance to talk to you in the future)

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
5 years seems like such a long time when I look back on it. I joined 5 years ago as well but in January.

Ever want to go back to those times, Rose?
(and happy 5 year thing)

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
And here lil' old me, just aiming for my 2nd year :3 (lol most of my time here seems to be on hiatus xD)
I didn't get to know you that much, but from what I did get to see, you're an amazing person, ER. I'm glad to have had to opportunity to get to know you, and am looking forward to talking to you more - as few and far in between as replies might be :)

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I'd say wow what an accomplishment but meh. I can say I'm glad to have come to develop a friendship with you. even if the occasions we ge to talk are very rare. at least when they happen they are all the more rewarding that way.

I'm not usually one for starting threads in the foyer,

or sometimes...even at all

Back