• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

7 Guardians of Light Planned since KH1?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Hawkins

Okay, so KH3D confused me on a lot of levels, but one of the things that I was confident on, was the Guardians of Light aspect. Simple right? They need seven people to act as guardians for the Princesses of Heart. I assumed, like many KH fans, that these guardians would be Keyblade wielders, maybe even the ones from the KH3D opening video. But then the summary for KH3 came out:

"Believing light and darkness must remain in balance, Master Xehanort seeks to spark war against the ‘tyranny of light’ to restore equilibrium. In an effort to undermine Xehanort’s plot, Sora, Donald and Goofy search for seven guardians of light and the “Key to Return Hearts,” while King Mickey and Riku search for previous Keyblade wielders."

The wording kind of makes it seem like the quest for the Guardians and the quest for Keyblade wielders are two separate things. Meaning maybe that the Guardians of Light don't necessarily have to be Keyblade wielders. Though this doesn't seem like too big a deal, I remember this excerpt from the KH1 Ultimania:

"
---I think it went well if you were able to create a project where all the Disney princesses appear in the same place.
Nomura: At first, I wanted to put in a scene where all of the princesses would be captured in Hollow Bastion and then each of their respective princes will come and save them. That idea was rejected but I was at least able to keep the part with the princesses."

Now I apologize for the misleading title, I DO NOT honestly think that Nomura has planned this from the beginning. BUT, could he possibly be bringing out an old idea for KH3? The princesses do need protecting, and it only makes since that their respective princes would want to be first in line to do so. I'm not sure what to think of any of this, any help KH community?

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
For the very basis for the PoH to have symbolic guardians/rescuers of sorts to have been conceived as far back as KH1 isn't something I'd initially call outlandish, given your evidence. However, keep in mind that such a basis probably wouldn't have been developed until later in the series, given how the PoH have fallen out of the plot post-KH1.

TheSupremeFace

Hmm, that is an interesting idea that the main characters aren't the Guardians of Light, but instead the respective prince to each PoH...which makes Sora the prince/GoL for Kairi

You never know what Nomura planned from the start, but I think Nomura at least had an idea/concept about MX since KH2 since they already started on BBS during that time (kh2 secret ending)

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
You have to remember that Kingdom Hearts started out almost entirely Disney. Mickey was going to be the protagonist at first. It comes as no surprise that Nomura would have originally wanted the Princes to come to the rescue of the Princesses, as Disney has done many times before.

But as we've seen, the franchise has gone in a very different direction.

I think that summary of Kingdom Hearts III is just a victim of poor wording. I don't think the Guardians are separate from the Keyblade wielders. It would be a little... dissonant, I feel, to make the Guardians the Princesses' respective Princes (especially given Alice has no prince). These characters have never been outside their own world, and have very little combat experience, especially with enemies of Xehanort's caliber.

It's not impossible that they might be tasked with keeping watch over the Princesses in their respective worlds, though.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Hm, I guess it would be possible that the GoL aren't necessarily the keyblade wielders we've met so far, but a lot of things in KH3D hinted at it being that way. Even if Sora and Co. aren't the GoLs, I don't really think it's the princes. I just can't see them possibly being able to hold their own against the SoDs. Especially Adam now that he's human again.

I'm guessing like The_Echo said it's most likely just poorly worded.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm pretty sure 'previous Keyblade wielders' was meant to be the same thing as 'those in torment' who were mostly wielders aka Terra, Aqua, Ven, Roxas, Xion

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm pretty sure 'previous Keyblade wielders' was meant to be the same thing as 'those in torment' who were mostly wielders aka Terra, Aqua, Ven, Roxas, Xion

So I guess my theory that while Sora searches for that new "key", Riku and Mickey are tasked with finding out about the tormented ones current whereabouts (especially Terra and Aqua) so that when the Key is found/created it can be used immediately isn't too far off, huh?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That could make sense, seeing as Riku's the one with the sleep powers after all

Sora has them too as far as I remember, but they certainly won't be of any use at all regardless if they do not know where they are. The RoD is huge so finding out where exactly Aqua is may take some time and they know close to nothing about Terra, that's enough of a task (similar to a Private investigator case) for Riku and Micky that may take some time without even including Ven, Roxas and Xion who are directly inside Sora.
Heck, maybe they can even weave in Kairi somewhere there considering Naminé is also a tormented one and she's within her.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

Yeah that's what I think is meant, but it's funny that they're kind of listed as something separate then the GoLs, which Sora's apparently looking for along with the "key".

So I guess my theory that while Sora searches for that new "key", Riku and Mickey are tasked with finding out about the tormented ones current whereabouts (especially Terra and Aqua) so that when the Key is found/created it can be used immediately isn't too far off, huh?

I think that's a likely scenario. It also makes sense seeing they're kind of in a hurry to do get everyone together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back