• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

7 Lights (What If)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Well I personally tend to think of them as Canon in the making. The reason why I prefer looking at it this way is a lot can change between when they said it and when they actually get to show it.
If I remember correctly, after KH2 Kairi was originally stated not to be a keyblade wielder, she was simply using a keyblade. Later it was changed to that while she didn't summon it, she is a potential keyblade wielder.
It's possible to not be a keyblade wielder and still be a potential one. That being said, I've rarely run into inconsistencies between interviews and plot details straight up from the game; usually it's a matter of perspective.

Not quite, I'm referring to the statement that Sora and Roxas could dual wield because they had two hearts in them. Though I'm not sure anymore, if this was stated in an interview or if this is fanon.
I know what interview you're talking about, although that's not what it says exactly (kinda in a hurry right now, so I'll post it later).

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I'm sure even without Ven's heart, Sora will be able to draw on his friends' power enough to dual wield in some extreme situation
Ehh if Roxas does come back with the abilty sora proably wont do it anymore ecept in some action super power cutsceane. We all know w sora is absolutly limitless in those anyway

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Ehh if Roxas does come back with the abilty sora proably wont do it anymore ecept in some action super power cutsceane. We all know w sora is absolutly limitless in those anyway

It would even be better if only Roxas dual-wields, not only because he was the first one to ever do this, it would also give him some specialty no one else has.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
It's possible to not be a keyblade wielder and still be a potential one. That being said, I've rarely run into inconsistencies between interviews and plot details straight up from the game; usually it's a matter of perspective.
I guess. Well most of the content of the interviews are a matter of perspective.

I know what interview you're talking about, although that's not what it says exactly (kinda in a hurry right now, so I'll post it later).
Sure take your time, it's Christmas after all, you probably have more important things to do then look for a interview. If I find the time I'll try and see if I can find it myself.

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
Not exactly, Roxas always has two Keyblades in the DDD opening, even in the Keyblade Graveyard-scenes:

roxasddd.png

If you look closely, you'll see the white "pummel" of the end of the handle from the Oathkeeper at the bottom right of this pic, directly left of Roxas' left arm.

---

As for him still dual-wielding, well, when he becomes an individual on his own terms (although still connected to Sora, he isn't treated like a cheap replacement-copy anymore) giving him the dual-wielding would make him a bit more unique, IF they would decide to finally leave the dual-wielding to him alone.

As for how that might work, tsk, since when has it been above Nomura to introduce "exceptions to rules" when "rule of cool" demands it.
He could very easily claim that since Roxas' new heart was made from both Sora's and Ven's hearts it has grown with two wielding abilities, allowing him to wield two Keyblades at all times.

I could honestly say that having been influenced by both Sora and Ven, your theory about Roxas' dual-wielding seems very probable. However, even without two Keyblades, I think that Roxas could still dual-wield in a way.

Does anyone remember how the Lingering Will was able to transform its Keyblade into all sorts of different weapons? Well, who's to say that Roxas couldn't turn his Keyblade into two different swords at any given moment? After all, if Riku's Soul Eater Sword was able to become a Keyblade, and Riku could still somehow summon the original sword in the beginning of KH3D, then Roxas should be able to spilt his Keyblade into two different weapons anytime he wishes.

That being said, these swords would still look key-like due to them being Roxas' Keyblade split into two. Think of Xion's two swords in her final form back in Days.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I think Roxas should always dual-wield just for the sake of having a different fighting style from everyone else.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I think Roxas should always dual-wield just for the sake of having a different fighting style from everyone else.
It is one of his biggest appeals then that would lieave xion as the one who retains the orginal kh1 sora style

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
They could just say "Oh he has just naturally learned how to use two Keyblades and Xion is no longer involved."

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Knowing Square Enix there will probably be some kind of overly complicated reasoning.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I could honestly say that having been influenced by both Sora and Ven, your theory about Roxas' dual-wielding seems very probable. However, even without two Keyblades, I think that Roxas could still dual-wield in a way.

Does anyone remember how the Lingering Will was able to transform its Keyblade into all sorts of different weapons? Well, who's to say that Roxas couldn't turn his Keyblade into two different swords at any given moment? After all, if Riku's Soul Eater Sword was able to become a Keyblade, and Riku could still somehow summon the original sword in the beginning of KH3D, then Roxas should be able to spilt his Keyblade into two different weapons anytime he wishes.

That being said, these swords would still look key-like due to them being Roxas' Keyblade split into two. Think of Xion's two swords in her final form back in Days.

It would be a typical cheap and easy way to explain it, ideal for nitpicking fans to bitch about and yet still give Roxas something unique that separates him from both Sora and Ventus (although Ventus already is separated from the other two due to his backhand-style and main reliance on speed).

Your idea however makes even more sense and doesn't require any new "exceptions" or new subrules added to the dual-wielding conditions.
It is confirmed that Keyblades can change their shape, as Terra can transform his into a rocket launcher and as seen in DDD Xehanort can transform his one into a whip.
So, when Roxas has his own heart it is most likely already qualified to wield due to his connection to both Sora and Ventus (same would apply for Xion) so it would make sense that instead of Sora and Roxas continuing to share the same Keyblade, Roxas' new heart would be chosen by an own Keyblade.
This new, personal Keyblade could then easily described as being able to be split into two blades (despite it remaining the same weapon) much like Cloud's Fusion Swords from Advent Children. Add then a Oblivion-keychain to the one and an Oathkeeper-keychain to the other "half" and Roxas would be dual-wielding without actually having two blades.

Agreed, giving each character a more varied playstyle would make things way more interesting and retain interest in playing as characters other than Sora (not to mention the possibilities for a decent party system).
That's also why I would not want for Sora and Riku to get armor and gliders, they are TAV's speciality.

They could just say "Oh he has just naturally learned how to use two Keyblades and Xion is no longer involved."

Xion was never involved anyways. The second Keyblade comes originally from Ventus.
Xion's only involvement was to trigger Roxas' access to Ven's Keyblade.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Roxas's style is more or less settled but then there's the case of Xion. Much like Roxas, her style is exactly the same as Sora's but while Roxas has the benefit of dual wielding Xion doesn't. What could they do to make her style more unique?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Roxas's style is more or less settled but then there's the case of Xion. Much like Roxas, her style is exactly the same as Sora's but while Roxas has the benefit of dual wielding Xion doesn't. What could they do to make her style more unique?

Sora's Style changed in KH 2. Combine that with elements from DDD and Xion can retain Sora's KH 1 style, possibly combined with some elements from her boss battle.
She would then be the only one to use that style if Roxas focuses primarily on dual-wielding when becoming his own entity.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Sora's Style changed in KH 2. Combine that with elements from DDD and Xion can retain Sora's KH 1 style, possibly combined with some elements from her boss battle.
She would then be the only one to use that style if Roxas focuses primarily on dual-wielding when becoming his own entity.

A bit boring but passable. I'm hoping it evolves a bit more as time goes on.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
A bit boring but passable. I'm hoping it evolves a bit more as time goes on.

I guess there will be much more time for that if Xion (and Roxas) remain important characters later on. Lea will also have to adjust his style a bit if his Keyblade is going to become his principal weapon.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I guess there will be much more time for that if Xion (and Roxas) remain important characters later on. Lea will also have to adjust his style a bit if his Keyblade is going to become his principal weapon.

I'm really looking forward to seeing that. Do you think we'll get to see this in the main series or do you think there's a possibility that they'd get their own spin-off series?

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Xion's current fighting style may have to do with Xemnas programming her to physically be Sora. At this point she actually has her own heart, so she may develop a completely different fighting style as her heart matures until it is 100% her own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back