• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

7 Lights (What If)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Well it would only be natural for her style to evolve over time, but for now it can stay the same.

Indeed, I'm curious to see how it will differentiate later on is all.

I guess there will be much more time for that if Xion (and Roxas) remain important characters later on. Lea will also have to adjust his style a bit if his Keyblade is going to become his principal weapon.

I reckon they will, I mean it would be a waste to bring all these characters back that are for all intensive purposes main protagonist just to bump them down later on. Lea is a bit of a disadvantage isn't he (or is he?) since he has to readjust his style when using the Keyblade. Xion's style changing is more for the sake of variety while for Lea it's out of necessity. Then Kairi has has to learn from scratch although she doesn't need to make any adjustments. Hhmmm style all around!

*throws style sparkles*
(╯°□°)╯*:・゚✧ ”

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I have a feeling Lea will keep his dingle dangle style of fighting with a keyblade.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm really looking forward to seeing that. Do you think we'll get to see this in the main series or do you think there's a possibility that they'd get their own spin-off series?

That will depend on how the next/new saga is structured. If they choose to keep the "only one playable character"-scenario it depends on if they allow a fully fledged party system for team mates even if computer controlled, then we would see it in the main series when adding Xion, Roxas (or anyone for that matter) into your current party.
If they decide however to allow players to decide who's the party leader we might even get to experience the new/evolved battle styles firsthand by controlling the character.

There's another possibility though, one I realized recently when remembering that we have effectively three main Keyblade Wielding trios and three main branches of consoles so far: Sony home consoles, Sony handhelds and Nintendo handhelds.
It could be possible that while the story of all the characters is still connected and they work together, they have to fulfill different tasks/assignments in different sets of worlds, only occassionally meeting each other. This would result in each platform getting designated a trio, with the other two trios only appearing as cameos in the given installment. For example, Roxas, Xion and Lea would be the designated trio for the Nintendo titles, SRK and TAV only appearing sporadically in their titles and vica versa.

Xion's current fighting style may have to do with Xemnas programming her to physically be Sora. At this point she actually has her own heart, so she may develop a completely different fighting style as her heart matures until it is 100% her own.

Correct, although for her heart to develop further and mature, she needs to exist again first, just like Roxas and Naminé.
As seen with Ventus after Sora saved him in the BBS Prologue, his heart was still not fully formed (direct quote from Nomura, BBS Ultimania) and the four years between the birth of Vanitas and the actual plot of BBS served to nurse Ven's heart back to health.

Indeed, I'm curious to see how it will differentiate later on is all.

I reckon they will, I mean it would be a waste to bring all these characters back that are for all intensive purposes main protagonist just to bump them down later on. Lea is a bit of a disadvantage isn't he (or is he?) since he has to readjust his style when using the Keyblade. Xion's style changing is more for the sake of variety while for Lea it's out of necessity. Then Kairi has has to learn from scratch although she doesn't need to make any adjustments. Hhmmm style all around!

*throws style sparkles*
(╯°□°)╯*:・゚✧ ”

Exactly, it would be a waste to invest so much in those characters and have Sora and co. go to hell and back to save them only to have them either pushed to the sidelines completely, or as some people actually propose, have them die or vanish again.
Lea seems to have talent though, and considering his battle style with the chakrams was pretty heavy on speed as well as mid-range battle, I guess he could easily adapt into a style that is a sort of mix between Riku's and Ventus'.
Kairi will be interesting to observe, I would hope she gains something really unique as her main battle style (probably a sort of fencing style?) and not just a rip-off from Aqua's style.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Kairi Gets Her Keyblade - YouTube

At 0:11 it shows her stance is very similar to Aqua's.

Although with training from Yen Sid it may differ.

I don't hold that scene in high regards since it's Kairi's first time using a Keyblade and I take it she's trying various ways to hold it to see what feels right. There's a smaller scene that typically goes unnoticed where she holds it like Eraqus.

Last edited:

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Well, still, Roxas better had still dual-wield anyway. I really liked his battle style; still do. :)

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
That will depend on how the next/new saga is structured. If they choose to keep the "only one playable character"-scenario it depends on if they allow a fully fledged party system for team mates even if computer controlled, then we would see it in the main series when adding Xion, Roxas (or anyone for that matter) into your current party.
If they decide however to allow players to decide who's the party leader we might even get to experience the new/evolved battle styles firsthand by controlling the character.

There's another possibility though, one I realized recently when remembering that we have effectively three main Keyblade Wielding trios and three main branches of consoles so far: Sony home consoles, Sony handhelds and Nintendo handhelds.
It could be possible that while the story of all the characters is still connected and they work together, they have to fulfill different tasks/assignments in different sets of worlds, only occassionally meeting each other. This would result in each platform getting designated a trio, with the other two trios only appearing as cameos in the given installment. For example, Roxas, Xion and Lea would be the designated trio for the Nintendo titles, SRK and TAV only appearing sporadically in their titles and vica versa.

I really like your idea, that each trio could have a series on a different console. I feel it's probably best, if the trios get split up. After all a cast of 12+ characters is kind of too much and nobody would get the amount of screen time they'd deserve and need. This way they can tell 3 connected storylines on three different consoles and give each character enough time to develop.
I'm guessing SRK would be on the Sony home console and TAV on the Sony Handheld? I wander what tiro will have Namine as a more important supporting character.

Exactly, it would be a waste to invest so much in those characters and have Sora and co. go to hell and back to save them only to have them either pushed to the sidelines completely, or as some people actually propose, have them die or vanish again.
Lea seems to have talent though, and considering his battle style with the chakrams was pretty heavy on speed as well as mid-range battle, I guess he could easily adapt into a style that is a sort of mix between Riku's and Ventus'.
Kairi will be interesting to observe, I would hope she gains something really unique as her main battle style (probably a sort of fencing style?) and not just a rip-off from Aqua's style.

If they'd just disappear or die that would really tick me off. We spent too much time with them for that to happen.

I really hope Kairi's fighting style will be heavily light based, incorporating her PoH powers, if there's even such a thing. I do see her style resembling Aqua's a bit though.

I don't hold that scene in high regards since it's Kairi's first time using a Keyblade and I take it she's trying various ways to hold it to see what feels right. There's a smaller scene that typically goes unnoticed where she holds it like Eraqus.

I agree Kairi is probably trying to find her own style in those scenes. I think the "My friends are my power" scene is probably the most likely stance she'll take on in the end seeing everyone else has taken their typical stance.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
I really like your idea, that each trio could have a series on a different console. I feel it's probably best, if the trios get split up. After all a cast of 12+ characters is kind of too much and nobody would get the amount of screen time they'd deserve and need. This way they can tell 3 connected storylines on three different consoles and give each character enough time to develop.
I'm guessing SRK would be on the Sony home console and TAV on the Sony Handheld? I wander what tiro will have Namine as a more important supporting character.

There are already too many accusations of the series being spread across too many consoles, it would almost be suicide to do this in the eyes of most fans. Sure, its a great idea story wise, but no one is going to want to spend $140 just to get the final story. Thats assuming they already have all the necessary consoles (which is pretty unlikely). I have to say, BBS being on PSP kind of pissed me off, because I spent a lot of money on it, and it set me back quite a bit, and there were pretty much no other games on it that interested me. I haven't heard too many positive things about the Vita either, so I'd be even more wary of it.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Oh, there are quite some titles where a big cast of characters is handled well, best example I can recall on a whim being Final Fantasy VI or .hack.
The size of the cast should normally not matter if you write a balanced story script which uses each character properly (or give some characters small side episodes in the same work, but make them optional), but this is unfortunately one of the areas where the creators of KH tend to lack proper effectiveness. Best examples being the rushed script of KH II and the utter disproportionate distribution of spotlight in Days.

If they'd just disappear or die that would really tick me off. We spent too much time with them for that to happen.

I really hope Kairi's fighting style will be heavily light based, incorporating her PoH powers, if there's even such a thing. I do see her style resembling Aqua's a bit though.

It's not just the "spending much time", one of the main premises for the story after KH 2 would be rendered inconsequential. What good would it be to give those characters their "second chance" if it is already destroyed again mere days after they come back?

The PoHs definitely have powers, as shown by Kairi giving Sora a friggin' new body in KH 1 after hugging him. Both Eraqus and Sora disappear in light particles, which leads to the impression that bodies (or physical forms in general) seem to be made mostly out of light.

I agree Kairi is probably trying to find her own style in those scenes. I think the "My friends are my power" scene is probably the most likely stance she'll take on in the end seeing everyone else has taken their typical stance.
It's reasonable because Kairi is a newbie. She needs to form out her own style since she wasn't a fighter before.

There are already too many accusations of the series being spread across too many consoles, it would almost be suicide to do this in the eyes of most fans. Sure, its a great idea story wise, but no one is going to want to spend $140 just to get the final story. Thats assuming they already have all the necessary consoles (which is pretty unlikely). I have to say, BBS being on PSP kind of pissed me off, because I spent a lot of money on it, and it set me back quite a bit, and there were pretty much no other games on it that interested me. I haven't heard too many positive things about the Vita either, so I'd be even more wary of it.
The main premise on this was entirely to avoid something like the Xehanort saga. With this variation, while they would still work towards the same goal you wouldn't need to play all three trios stories to get the whole thing because they each would have their own assignments.
The stories would still be connected by an overaching framework, but not so interwoven like it is currently with Xehanort's saga.

But like I said above already, integrating a bigger cast of characters isn't impossible for a single title if you put enough thought and wit into it to make it work.

Lol, if I recall correctly not even Nomura likes the Vita, as he said "through flowers" somewhere in an interview.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Oh, there are quite some titles where a big cast of characters is handled well, best example I can recall on a whim being Final Fantasy VI or .hack.
The size of the cast should normally not matter if you write a balanced story script which uses each character properly (or give some characters small side episodes in the same work, but make them optional), but this is unfortunately one of the areas where the creators of KH tend to lack proper effectiveness. Best examples being the rushed script of KH II and the utter disproportionate distribution of spotlight in Days.

Sadly I haven't played those games. My experience is that lots of forms of story telling struggle with larger casts and tend to focus primarily on 2-3 characters and the others are only focused on slightly.
KH hasn't done that good of a job, with sharing the spotlight, in most games. I personally feel that since they made it more scenario based the spotlight has been shared quite a bit better.

It's not just the "spending much time", one of the main premises for the story after KH 2 would be rendered inconsequential. What good would it be to give those characters their "second chance" if it is already destroyed again mere days after they come back?

Well that's true. It would really make the whole build up for nothing and quite pointless. Also It would break the moral that's behind it.
I also think it would really get a lot of fans upset, after all some of these character have become favorites of many fans.

The PoHs definitely have powers, as shown by Kairi giving Sora a friggin' new body in KH 1 after hugging him. Both Eraqus and Sora disappear in light particles, which leads to the impression that bodies (or physical forms in general) seem to be made mostly out of light.

It's reasonable because Kairi is a newbie. She needs to form out her own style since she wasn't a fighter before.

Well yeah and together the PoH could hold back the darkness. But we have yet to see a PoH actively use her powers aside from that one moment where Kairi restored Sora. It would be interesting to see if their power could be used for combat or if it's just a passive ability.

I have the feeling Kairi will be the most interesting character to watch grow in the next installment, seeing she has a lot of unused potential and story elements. Such as her PoH status, her time in Sora's heart and her Keyblade wielding abilities to name a few.

Lol, if I recall correctly not even Nomura likes the Vita, as he said "through flowers" somewhere in an interview.

Really? I don't get why people don't like the Vita. The graphics are great for an handheld and the controls are good. I quite enjoyed playing Uncharted and Assassin's Creed on it. But I guess we won't be seeing any KH on it, if Nomura doesn't like the console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back