• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

9 Year Gap Explanation needed?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
it was an accident. my bad. you know what i meant though. i'll fix it.

I know...just trying to break some of the tension...i do have my moments when I try not to be so serious.

But anyway, on the topic I don't think there needs to be a 9 year gap explanation...they could do it if that is how they want to introduce the new protagonist for one of the 3 upcoming games though...since Nomura did say that he wanted some backstory on Leon and the gang.

He didn't put it in BBS, because he thought it would stray away from the storyline too much though.

Aquaman OS

Sorry I had to leave for awhile. I have a life you know.

"Kingdom Hearts II Ultimania
, "Scenario Mysteries"; Tetsuya Nomura: "Since Riku has always been using Soul Eater, he still calls it that even after it changed form. Keyblades aren't something that you can obtain suddenly out of nowhere so in Riku's case, his Soul Eater was used as an intermediary for that Keyblade."

There you go. A Keyblade needs to have something to be made out of, but only when they first are created. Afterwords they stay in that form for good. Which is why Sora's wood sword never shows up again (the one he uses at Hollow Bastion is Riku's) because it became the Kingdom Key.

In the case of Terra Aqua and Ven we don't see them until long after they first got their Keyblades so we don't know what theres were made out of.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

, "Scenario Mysteries"; Tetsuya Nomura: "Since Riku has always been using Soul Eater, he still calls it that even after it changed form. Keyblades aren't something that you can obtain suddenly out of nowhere so in Riku's case, his Soul Eater was used as an intermediary for that Keyblade."

There you go. A Keyblade needs to have something to be made out of, but only when they first are created. Afterwords they stay in that form for good. Which is why Sora's wood sword never shows up again (the one he uses at Hollow Bastion is Riku's) because it became the Kingdom Key.

In the case of Terra Aqua and Ven we don't see them until long after they first got their Keyblades so we don't know what theres were made out of.

The thing that doesn't make sense to me though is that wouldn't Terra's training sword turn into his keyblade? Because the wooden sword is still in the game even though Terra weilds a keyblade.

I swear, KH games keep getting more and more confusing by each game.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

You're partly right. It's true you can't just get a keyblade out of thin air, but that's because Keyblades come from different things it seems. For way to dawn, the soul eater sword was used as an intermediate. But that's not to say that this always has to be the case. So it's really a case by case basis.

Aquaman OS

The thing that doesn't make sense to me though is that wouldn't Terra's training sword turn into his keyblade? Because the wooden sword is still in the game even though Terra weilds a keyblade.

Not necessrily. They had a master that might have walked them through the process of creating it. It's possible that he might have warned Terra in advance so he'd use something that didn't have sentimental value to him. It's also possible he had them create it out of a real weapon so it would be stronger.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Not necessrily. They had a master that might have walked them through the process of creating it. It's possible that he might have warned Terra in advance so he'd use something that didn't have sentimental value to him. It's also possible he had them create it out of a real weapon so it would be stronger.

Actually TAV have used wooden swords before, I believe there may have been a scene showing Terra holding a wooden sword similar to Sora and Riku's.

Aquaman OS

That was Ven's wooden sword which looked like Riku's. They used it when not training with real Keyblade's. But to create their actual Keyblades they may have been told in advance to have something on hand that they wanted to become their Keyblades. Sora had no real warning. Riku might have (we don't know the story of how he got it after all) but it's not like he had anything better with him anyway.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
That was Ven's wooden sword which looked like Riku's. They used it when not training with real Keyblade's. But to create their actual Keyblades they may have been told in advance to have something on hand that they wanted to become their Keyblades. Sora had no real warning. Riku might have (we don't know the story of how he got it after all) but it's not like he had anything better with him anyway.

We already know how Riku got the keyblade from the KH Ultimania interview. Terra gave Riku the power to weild it.

Aquaman OS

We already know how Riku got the keyblade from the KH Ultimania interview. Terra gave Riku the power to weild it.

We know how he was granted the power, but not the circumstances in which he finally awakened it. Soul Eater could have just randomly turned into WTTD while he was wandering around or it could have been a bit more interesting.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Riku was the originally the person meant to receive the KK but Riku's heart got weaker by falling into the Darkness, so the KK chose Sora instead. It wasn't just falling into Darkness in general, but the effect of doing so. Remember, the Inheritance Ceremony and Having a Strong Heart doesn't mean the character will wield a Keyblade, they must be chosen by the Keyblade too. At HB Sora's heart was weaker than Riku's so the Keyblade chose Riku. Then after Sora's speach his heart was stronger so the Keyblade re-chose him.

Actually, from how Nomura described it, Sora, essentially, did just that.
Nomura stated that when Sora was reaching out to Riku, he touched Riku's light and took the KK from him.

Xehanort's Heartless took Kairi with him to see when the Keyblade Master would show up and to probably study Riku.

Incorrect.
Xehanort sent Kairi off to the worlds, before turning into a Heartless/Nobody, in hope of finding the Keyblade Wielder, meaning he was unaware of where she would end up and even if she would end up in the same world as the keyblade wielder.

I believe it was AtW that sent Kairi to DI...

Nope, it was Xehanort.

The Kingdom Key represents the X-blade. Sora holds one half of the X-Blade because he has Ventus' Light/Heart inside of him.

Ventus isn't the only one that can be used to make the X-Blade, you know?

The Kingdom Key is not default for all wielders.

No one said it was. However, that doesn't mean that Riku wouldn't have received it as his keyblade either.

I meant if Riku was to receive the Keyblade like he was supposed to, then he would have not wielded the Kingdom Key.

Considering Sora took Riku's keyblade, the one that he was meant to receive, I would think that, yes, he was meant to receive the KK as is. Don't forget, LS recognized right away that Sora had the keyblade that was meant for Riku.

Sora wielded the Kingdom Key b/c he holds half of the X-blade's power within himself (Ventus).

You make it sound like Ven is the only one that could be used to create the X-Blade. Truth is, he isn't.

Aquaman OS

Considering Sora took Riku's keyblade, the one that he was meant to receive, I would think that, yes, he was meant to receive the KK as is. Don't forget, LS recognized right away that Sora had the keyblade that was meant for Riku.

Except as I just mentioned a Keyblade has to be made out of something in order to take an appearance. They wouldn't have known what the KK would look like until it formed and it formed out of Sora's sword. LS only recognized that he had a Keyblade, not that it was supposed to be Riku's. Especially since Sora can have any Keyblade appear in that scene and not just the KK.

How far back is this "Sora took the KK from Riku's heart" info from? Because it totally conflicts from the recent BBS Ultimania info about how Keyblades are formed.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
are you guys saying that in a way a keyblade wielder "makes" his own keyblade? do you guys have a confirmation? it seems like a good concept just curious though.

Aquaman OS

Tetsuya Nomura: "Since Riku has always been using Soul Eater, he still calls it that even after it changed form. Keyblades aren't something that you can obtain suddenly out of nowhere so in Riku's case, his Soul Eater was used as an intermediary for that Keyblade."

He says right there that a Keyblade is made out of something the potential user has on them, in Riku's case Soul Eater. The BBS Ultimania goes into more detail but I can't find that info right now.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
Tetsuya Nomura: "Since Riku has always been using Soul Eater, he still calls it that even after it changed form. Keyblades aren't something that you can obtain suddenly out of nowhere so in Riku's case, his Soul Eater was used as an intermediary for that Keyblade."

He says right there that a Keyblade is made out of something the potential user has on them, in Riku's case Soul Eater. The BBS Ultimania goes into more detail but I can't find that info right now.

thanks that changes my view on the keyblades, i just thought that you were able to wield one and thats it im glad that there is a bit more of a process than that.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Tetsuya Nomura: "Keyblades aren't something that you can obtain suddenly out of nowhere so in Riku's case, his Soul Eater was used as an intermediary for that Keyblade."

Nomura said that Riku obtained his Keyblade through the Soul Eater, which was used as an intermediary, not that all Keyblades were formed that way. Yes, Keyblades aren't something that appear out of nowhere, like Nomura said, but that doesn't mean there is only one way for a Keyblade to be formed.

Aquaman OS

It kinda does. If it can't be formed out of nothing that means it has to be formed out of something right?

I can't find the actual statement from the BBS Ultimania but paraphrasing, a Keyblade is created when someone who's had the Ceremony (or Sora because of his special circumstances) has a strong heart, has been in contact with the heart of a world and is holding something that can be used as an intermediary.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
It kinda does.

See: Keyblade of a Person's Heart, X-Blade.
There is more than one way for a keyblade to be created, so don't assume that all have to be created the same way as the WtD was.

If it can't be formed out of nothing that means it has to be formed out of something right?

Though it doesn't mean it has to be formed out of something the wielder had on them, nor does it mean it can't be formed by one person, then given to another.

I can't find the actual statement from the BBS Ultimania but paraphrasing, a Keyblade is created when someone who's had the Ceremony (or Sora because of his special circumstances) has a strong heart, has been in contact with the heart of a world and is holding something that can be used as an intermediary.

Well, if that is true, it's just another in a long line of retcons courtesy of that jackass Nomura.

Aquaman OS

We don't know what the Princess Keyblade and X Blade were physical made out of because we don't see their actual creation.

As for it being passed around, we do know that it can in fact be formed and then given to another person. Riku takes the KK and it stays the KK rather than convert itself to something fit for him, and he and Sora later pass their blades around to each other during the Xemnas fight not to mention Yensid giving the Star Seeker to Mickey.

I do agree on the retcons though, but at this point I really don't mind then. I'm starting to think that they will eventually decide Sora really was chosen by the KK all along and Riku had nothing to do with it since he states in BBS Ultimania that Riku only took the KK because he had the stronger heart and also had the power to use Keyblades granted to him, while not mentioning the whole "It was originally his" thing at all.

In fact that whole plot line hasn't been mentioned in anything KH related in awhile and seems to have been totally forgotten about.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I read the Ultimania Interviews and I don't even remember Nomura saying anything about a keyblade being created by something physical. That sure as heck wasn't mentioned in BBS or any of the other games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back