• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A few things I've always wondered

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhirlwindLancer

What do you think everyone's reactions were to seeing Sora and Riku back home again? After not seeing their friends and family in so long, how can the two of them even BEGIN to explain what has been going on? Do you think their parents questioned them at all? Also, before Kairi and the others began to lose their memories of Sora, do you think she leaked a bit of information to the others, or just kept things to herself? (seeing as she was the only one around at the time who would remember anything, because I'm assuming everyone else's memories faded when their world was destroyed). Lastly, when the two of them finally returned, do you think Mickey, Donald and Goofy tried to help the boys explain things to everybody, or just kind of said "we'll be in touch" before blasting off in the gummi ship after their reunion on the shore? I can see their reason for doing so if this was the case, trying to "protect the world order" and whatnot. By the way Sora, Riku and Kairi were acting at the end of Re:Coded, you could kind of assume that life seemed normal enough. So... thoughts?

On a related note, how much time do you think went by between Sora and Riku's return to the Islands to when they received the letter from King Mickey?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The question would be rather why would they explain anything.
It's not like anyone on the islands is to be concerned with what happened nor does it serve any purpose.

Furthermore, as you said yourself, world order. The fewer people know about "inter-world" stuff happening the better.

As far as we know between the end of KH2 and the adventure in the data worlds (Coded) mere weeks passed, so it's probably just two or three months later if at all.

WhirlwindLancer

Very true. Nomura's policy has always seemed to be, "don't bother explaining things irrelevant to the story". I guess in that sense it's better because everything is more open-ended and it gives people room to speculate. Still makes me wonder, though.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Very true. Nomura's policy has always seemed to be, "don't bother explaining things irrelevant to the story". I guess in that sense it's better because everything is more open-ended and it gives people room to speculate. Still makes me wonder, though.

In fact he even stated that several times as intentional.
He does want the fans to speculate, think, interpret and come to their own interpretations and conclusions in some areas.

The other populace of the Islands is clearly very unimportant in the overall story so far and therefore I doubt that things like this are even considered.
Heck, we have several major characters we don't have all too much background story about.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Yeah its prettymuch all left up to headcannon, in mine Sora sat down at the family table and ate his dinner

WaveK89

I still feel a bit sad that Tidus, Wakka, and Selphie don't get much love even if it's for scene or two. I am glad that they did have Selphie in KH2 with the other two mentioned. I know they're insignificant, but they were just as much as friends as their new ones.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
Before the start of KH1 they might have let slip to their family/friends that they were planning to go on a raft into the sea and see if they can find new worlds. That is what their original plan was, after all. So they'll probably just say they got lost and now they're back.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Before the start of KH1 they might have let slip to their family/friends that they were planning to go on a raft into the sea and see if they can find new worlds. That is what their original plan was, after all. So they'll probably just say they got lost and now they're back.

and if they didnt, they could just pull a lostie.

Sky Lily

Website
sky-lily.deviantart.com
Still, after having gone missing for at least a year they'd have had to come up with something. xD And then something else after leaving to start their Dream Drop Distance adventure. I have to wonder. The having-gotten-lost-while-adventure-rafting theory sounds plausible,or maybe having gotten snatched by a child abductor named Xehanort- *brick'd*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back