• We have brought back Future of KINGDOM HEARTS as our main Kingdom Hearts section. Discuss any projects including Phase 2 developments, the rumored Disney Plus series, all TWEWY-related news, theories about the future of Kingdom Hearts, and any general topics in this section. For anything related to Kingdom Hearts Memory of Melody, please discuss it in the KINGDOM HEARTS Memory of Melody section.
  • Although unrelated to Kingdom Hearts, we are aware that there might be fans of The Last of Us on our forums. We ask that you please keep all spoilers for The Last of Us 2 spoiler-tagged. Any untagged spoilers will result in a temporary ban from the site.

News ► A Kingdom Hearts Disney Plus CGI series is rumored to be in the works

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
  • Completionist
  • NieR: Automata
  • Beauty Within
  • Keyblade Champion
  • Taciturn Stalwart
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX
While everyone seems to have a consensus on a reimagination of KH1 as the setup for the story (which I'd love if done right as others mentioned, they could really make wonders with this by adding more references, editing some stuff in and out and making it more cohesive with later stuff), I think the best approach to this animation would be as a Chi duology animation?

The Gacha games were made to be an easy standalone to get in, after all. And they could easily make some fun stuff as the Book of Phopecy setup allows them to continuously use any worlds they want to use while being able to setup a cast of unique characters for the Player and other alliances, all the while selling merch of the different unions and marketing the very lucrative mobile games.

And for us consumers, it means we could finally have a proper adaptation of those games as Back Cover is really barebones (and it's more of a complementary piece rather than a tl;dr of the first game).
This would be fantastic but the rumours are based around them getting the Disney voice cast from the game back, including the voice actors for Donald and Goofy.

Noivern

Awards
This would be fantastic but the rumours are based around them getting the Disney voice cast from the game back, including the voice actors for Donald and Goofy.
There could be a segment set in present time to introduce something that would feature Donald & Goofy, or maybe they could have Disney Town featured as a world; anything could work, really, since it'd be an adaptation of a game with a very loose story.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if we see X/UX being adapted in a modern animation-esque way at some point since it allows for them to use the KH property while still writing a unique cast of characters, giving much more freedom for that sort of stuff. Kinda like the Star Wars animations, specially Rebels.

Rodin

Awards
Wegothiscovered.com had an article where Ryan Potter was cast as a live action Sora. It's a clickbait rumor but i could see it working. Ryan Potter's the voice of Hiro from Big Hero 6. He also played Beast Boy in the Titans show and based on that performance I think he's a decent choice for Sora.

He's in his 20s right now so I'd probably get someone younger to play Sora. Unless you wanna set it when Sora is in his twenties. That's one way to tie into the games. If I was doing the Last Airbender or Legend of Korra I'd probably do that instead of redoing the show.

To be honest a live action Kingdom Hearts would be unwise but I am curious about it.

The best option for me would be to create a new protagonist and tell their story. The KH universe is pretty big and there were other things going on then Xehanort and his schemes. I'm thinking like Star Wars Rebels or Vigilantes the My Hero Academia spinoff.

Its an easier compromise to make and it harkens back to the series roots as a multi-fandom crossover fanfic with an oc lead. This line is meant to be cheeky than insulting.

It could jump the shark but it could be fun.

Last edited: