• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► A Love Gone, but Never Forgotten

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haku

<3
I'm really late but otherwise I really loved the update that you came up with xD.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Ava was so excited, in two more days she would be home with her family. The family that adopted her had become very close to her. Everyday they would spend time together and she felt happy. There was a new hope inside her. Tomorrow was the eve of Dwain's wedding, she was sure that Frannie was going to go. She wished she could be there, but then again it was for the best that she wasn't. She watched the children play together, and soon her own son would be that age. He was already two years old, and he looked like his daddy. She looked at the pictures she had kept with her over the time she was with Paul. She had Lucas and Luke's pictures in a bag that she had carried with her for so long. She took each picture out before she went to bed everynight and just looked at them. Oh how she missed them both. She held the bag close to her at all times, they were her memories, the very best of them. She smiled as she watched the kids play.

The next morning was the eve of the wedding day, and Dwain was feeling pretty happy. He still didn't understand what happened last night, but he didn't want to ask. He felt it was better for him just to leave it alone. He looked out the window and saw the morning light shine through the city. Emma was sleeping and she looked so peaceful, so he slipped out. He went downstairs and got some breakfast. Emma would probably sleep most of the morning, and that was okay. He heard footsteps coming towards the kitchen. He looked over to see Frannie, "Good morning." He said with a big smile. "Good morning.", she laughed. She sat down at the table and looked at him. He busied himself making breakfast. "Where's the bride?", Frannie asked poking a joke at him. "Sleeping.", he laughed. While he waited he sat down at the table across from Frannie, "Last night was a bit strange. When Em came back to the table, she could hardly look at me. We went to bed in silence. I don't know what I did.", he said puzzled. "You may have not done anything at all. Have you asked her about it?", Frannie asked. "No. I figured it was better to leave it alone.", he answered staring into his coffee cup. "Well maybe so. Don't fret, tomorrow you're getting married. Maybe it was just her nerves getting the best of her.", Frannie touched his hand reassuringly. "Yeah maybe it was.", he at least hoped so.

Haku

<3
A little shorter from the last chapter but otherwise great update.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Emma looked in the mirror as her mother helped her try on her wedding dress. She looked at the pearls that aligned the dress. She saw every detail, and couldn't stop looking at it. Emma watched her face turn to sadness. She hated that she was feeling this way, tomorrow was her wedding day and she was having second thoughts. Her mother kept telling her it was her nerves, but Emma didn't really know for sure. Emma knew that Benjamin would come to the wedding tomorrow to see if she would go through with it. Dwain was a wonderful man, that was the truth, but there was something missing. Was it the thrill and risk, that she had when she was with Benjamin? All those years ago, there was adventure and true passion with him, he made her nervous and she always felt he was bad for her, yet she was always wanting more. But with Dwain, everything was safe, and it was completely predictable. She knew her mother loved Dwain, because he was going to be a wonderful husband and father. Why did she contemplate her feelings, surely it was her nerves, or at least that's what she kept telling herself. She could still hear Ben's words in her mind, "I'll wait for you." She hated him for so many things, but this was the worst. He made her rethink her love for Dwain, all because he was her first love. Her mother touched her arm bringing her back to reality. "Honey are you alright?", her mother looked at her. "Yes mom, I'm fine. Just flustered is all.", she smiled seeing her mother behind her from the mirror. Her mother turned her around so she could look at her face. "Emma, I don't know what happened last night, but I could see your face when you came in from dinner. When Dwain looked at you, you would barely look at him. What is wrong?", her mother asked looking at her. "I don't know, I'm fine. ", she tried to turn away but her mother didn't want her to turn away. "No you're not. What did Benjamin say?", her mother stared her in the eyes. Emma's stomach dropped, she knew her mom was smart but this was crazy. Emma didn't answer afraid of what her mother might say. Her mother touched her face, "Honey I know that you love Ben, but you know what kind of man he is. Don't do what you think Benjamin wants you to do. Don't let him in your head. Dwain loves you, he really does." "Mom I don't know what I think or feel. I'm stuck in the middle. I love Dwain, I do. But Benjamin comes back and tells me what I always wanted him to say. I've waited for him, all those years I waited. And even now, I'm waiting.", tears began to fall down her face. "Em, listen to me. You're heart and head say two different things. I think you know what you really feel. You're mind is telling you what everyone wants you to do, but your heart is pulling you away. I love you dearly and I wouldn't want you to ever regret a decision you make. Marriage is a beautiful thing but it means nothing if you are not fully commited to that other person.", She pushed the hair out of Emmas face. "I'm not going to do anything rash, I'm just dealing with old feelings that's all. I promise I know what I want.", she tried to brave a smile. "Okay. Follow your heart sweetie, whatever it may be.", Her mother wiped the tears off her cheek. Emma and her mother hugged and she looked at herself one more time in the mirror.

Ava watched the waves of the ocean sway back and forth. The sun was shining on the ocean and it had such a reflection. She wondered what it would be like to be a bird, and fly across the vast water. What did the birds think of the water, were they scared they would fall? She laughed at her thoughts. Ava thought of Paul, was he okay? She didn't know and she knew it would be along time maybe even never before she found out. She hoped the best for him, she wished him love, and safety. Ava saw a seagull flying above her, she thought it was kind of weird for him to be so far from shore. She watched him make his way over the waves, and she pictured her self as that seagull. Ava saw that the seagull as her, and her feeling of lonliness. For so long she felt she was flying around without someone there, without any direction, away from home and her loved ones. But the more she watched the gull she realized that it was a good thing. It brought her here, and she would see her family soon. She knew there was a reason for everything. Lucas was a part of her life because he was her true love, Dwain was a loyal friend that stood by her, Paul was the risk of taking chances, whatever they may be. Ava saw the seagull fly away from the ship and finally seemed to be on track. Just like her life, it was on track and she smiled as she watched herself fly away into the sunlight.

Haku

<3
Quite a few hours late to noticing this, but otherwise very nice update.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Thanks Haku for the comments. Sorry this one is going to be short.

It was the big day. Everyone ran around trying to get everthing done. Flowers were everywhere, and the fragrence was unbearable. The house was a racket, women running around laughing and screaming back and forth. Dwain drank his coffee outside while he watched the maintence men bring in more flowers. He was happy that he was finally going to marry Emma. It seemed like he had to wait forever and now it was going to happen. Today was the day he had been dreaming about for along time. Frannie came out onto the porch and she sat down beside him on the wicker chair. "So this is it huh?", she smiled at him. "Yes it is, I'm ready for this. I've been waiting for this for along time.", he returned the smile. "Well it's going to be an interesting ride, believe me everyday is something new.", she laughed. Dwain laughed with her and took a drink of his coffee. "So is Ava home yet?', he looked at her. "Well from what I understand she should be back in the states tomorrow.", she answered. Dwain nodded and looked at the flowers. He had been thinking of her all morning, he didn't really know why but he figured it was because he wanted her here. Or maybe it was because he was still in love with her. He hated remembering the feelings he had so strongly for her, but today they had to go. He was getting married and he was thrilled. He just wished he could have wished Ava well. She deserved happiness and to be home with her family. He sipped his coffee, "So are you going to cry at this thing?", he laughed. "I don't think so, I think you know what you want, and if this is what you want then I'm not going to cry.", Frannie answered. "My mother is coming in today. She will be here in a hour.", he shook his head, he was happy to know his mother was coming over but it was all surreal. "Well that sounds lovely. I bet you can't wait to see her.", Frannie touched his hand. "Yes I am very excited.", he answered with a smile.

Haku

<3
Oh that's fine I don't really mind it being that short anyway, since just about all of the updates have been wonderful.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Ava sat on the deck watching the sun shining on the ocean, she listened to the waves crash around the ship. She had a journal she had got in Germany and she opened it to look at some of the times she had. She read about meeting some of her friends, Frannie and Dwain included. Her time taken away by the German officers, and the birth of her son. She also found the passage she wrote about Lucas when he came, and when she found out the news. Ava touched the pages as she recalled the moments that had changed her life. While being on the ship, she wrote about her adventure with Paul and her experience on the ship. Then she realized what today was, it was Dwain's wedding day. She sat there for a moment and looked out at the waves. She wished she could tell him congratulations and wish him luck. And most of all she wanted to tell him that she loved him no matter what. She laughed at her thoughts and shook her head. Ava wrote in her journal about her friend Dwain and his important day. Maybe he and Emma would come and visit her in America, even if it did kill her to see him with Emma, she would be happy to see them both. She listened again to the waves crash around the ship as she was lost in her thoughts.

Dwain looked around the garden, and he smiled as he saw people arriving, the moment was coming so fast and his heart was beating. He took in a breath and he felt happy. He looked up at the window where Emma would be getting ready with her bridesmaids.

Emma looked around the room, it was busling with women running around. Her mother was doing her hair and her aunt was getting the dresses ready. She felt like butterflies were going to come out of her stomach and she was trying to catch her breath. She looked in the mirror, she could see tears in her mother's eyes. She smiled and touched her mother's hand. Her mother kissed her cheek and continued working on her hair. She could hear the giggles of the girls running around the rooms and having fun. She was excited and was looking forward to the moment, when she would have Dwain as her husband. Her mother finished her hair and then they needed to get her dress on. Her mother and aunt helped her with it on and buttoned the back. Emma laughed as her aunt joked with her and she felt complete in that moment.

Dwain saw his mother and father arrive, they smiled when the saw him all dressed up in his suit. His mother kissed him on the cheek. She smiled at him and a tear came down her cheek, "Oh you look so handsome in your uniform, all grown up." "Yes mom, I have. I missed you so much.", he hugged his mom. If felt like it has been forever since he saw them and he was thrilled to know they decided to come. His father walked up to him and shook his hand, it was like his dad to be serious and stern, "Hello son. Big day." , "Hi Dad. I have missed you too.", Dwain laughed. His dad cracked a smile.

NYC16

Unforgetable
It was a hour before the wedding and everyone was rushing around more than usual. All the guests were being seated, no one knew that that many people would come. Dwain looked out the window at all his friends and family. Everyone looked so happy to be there, smiles and hugs were everywhere. Dwain wondered if Emma was ready for this, the moment that would bond them together forever.

Emma looked at the mirror, her mother and the others were fixing their last minute problems. Emma watched as the door opened and Benjamin walked in. She felt her face become red, "Ben what are you doing here?" She stood up and turned to him. "I wanted to say good luck Em. You look amazing.", he smiled. She could see he was still hurt but he was genuinly trying to be happy for her. She smiled at him, "Thank you." Benjamin walked closer to her and kissed her hand. "I will always love you, and will be there if you need me.", his eyes sparkled and she could see her self in them. She simply nodded her head. "Well I better get out there and get my seat.", he smiled at her and she smiled in return. Before he left he looked back at her for a minute then closed the door. Emma felt all the nervousness at a new level. She felt scared and wanted to run. She sat down and tried to drink some water.

After sitting there for twenty minutes she got up from the seat and walked to the room Dwain was. She opened the door to see him standing there looking out the window. He heard the door open and turned to see Emma standing there. She wore her lace gown, and her hair was in ringlets. Her blond hair contured her face, and she looked so radiant. "Hi.", he walked over to her and kissed her hand. "Hi.", she answered a bit shy like. Dwain looked her in the eyes and knew there was something wrong with her. "Emma what's wrong love?", he held her hand. Tears began to fill her eyes, "Why do you want to marry me?" Dwain was a bit stunned, "What is this?" "Why do you want to marry me?", she asked again tears beginning to fall. "Because I love you Em.", he answered softly. The tears began to flow down her face and her sobs became so uncontrollable. "Emma, do you love me?", he asked becoming a bit worried. "Dwain......I do love you, I really do", she wiped the tears from her face, "but I can't marry you." Dwain looked down at the floor and then back at her. "Dwain, I've been trying to ignore the feelings I have had, and I wish I could marry you. You're perfect, but when I'm with him.......", she couldn't look at him. He understood, she was still in love with Benjamin, he knew it the whole time. He always hoped it wouldn't be true. He looked at her for a moment and could see she was sincere, and he would feel horrible if he begged her to stay. She loved another man, he couldn't live with himself if he stole that away from her. He came closer to her and gently moved her face up, he wiped the tears from her cheek. He smiled at her, "Emma....I want you to be happy. I love you enough to let you go, be with the one you were meant to be with." "I do love you Dwain, I do.", she looked at him tears still falling. "I know you do, but you're in love with Ben.", she nodded. "It's okay....", he held her close. "Goodbye Emma. I love you, and wish you all the luck in the world. Go to him Em.", he smiled. "Dwain.............find Ava.", she said looking at him, the tears stopped. "What?", he asked abit overwhelmed. "Find her. You two are supposed to be together. And she loved you, even when she said she didn't. Go find her.", Emma looked up at him. In that moment he knew, he needed Ava. He just never wanted to admit it to himself. He smiled at her and she kissed his cheek. "I will.", he smiled.

Haku

<3
Sorry about the late reply to reading your first update but great job nevertheless =D.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Everyone sat there confused when the two of them walked out together arm in arm. Emma's aunt held her breath scared of the news she would ene up hearing. Emma took in a breath as they walked to the front, they looked at one another and then it was time. "Everyone, we are so happy that you cared to come today. I'm sorry to say that there is not going to be a ceremony. We appreciate everything, and you are welcome to eat cake and celebrate being here with a dinner.", Dwain said and Emma clung to his arm. Emma's eyes locked onto Benjamin and he stood up and walked up to her. "I'll marry you today. Right here, right now.", he said taking her hand. Dwain let go of her arm and walked to the back of the chairs. "Okay.", Emma said smiling. Emma looked to see Dwain, he winked at her and she smiled. He nodded as he left. Emma looked at Benjamin and she knew it was it, this was meant to be. Everyone smiled because there would be a wedding anyway. The ceremony continued, and Emma married Benjamin that day. The sun was just right and the smell of the flowers took over making the moment perfect. The newlyweds went to their reception and had their first dance as husband and wife. After the reception Frannie went to look for Dwain. She found him packing his stuff, she knocked on the open door. "Oh come in Fran.", he smiled at her as he folded a shirt. "Well....that was quite a party.", Frannie said sitting on a chair near the bed. "I'm sure it was", he said. Frannie didn't know what to say. Dwain saw her face so he responded, "She didn't want to marry me. She is still in love with him. I couldn't live with myself if I made her stay. She's happy that's all that matters." Frannie nodded, "But are you?" Dwain looked at her for a moment, " I thought it would kill me, I felt that in that moment when she said she couldn't go thru with it, I thought I was going to die right there. But suprisingly....I didn't." Frannie smiled, "I know you wouldn't." He laughed and she smiled. The question loomed over the room. "Are you going to find her?", Frannie asked. "I don't know...I can't say I will, but I can't say I will.", he answred smiling.

Haku

<3
Another wonderful update and nice little twist to the chapter adding the somewhat cliffhanger ending.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Ava found herself standing at the dock, she looked up at the beautiful lady that stood tall in the harbor. She was magnifcant, strong and full of pride. The Statue of Liberty watched over the harbor of New York, welcoming those new and old to the amazing country that represented freedom and opportunity. Ava took in a breath as she smelled the salt of the water, she was home. She smiled as she looked at a little girl with a flowered dress on dancing in the wind. Ava walked until she found a bus dept. She was so thrilled to surprise her family. After getting her ticket she sat on the bus that would bring to her home. She looked out the window leaning her head against the glass.

Hours went by and soon she could see the welcome sign of her town. Her heart began beating faster, and the butterflies started. She passed the town square and the small shops that lined the street. The bus came to a stop at the only bus stop in the whole town. She got off holding the two bags she owned, she had a few outfits she was able to buy, her uniform, and her pictures of Lucas and Luke. She looked around at the town she grew up in, loved in, and would fill the void. She smiled at the driver and waved as he pulled away, she turned to walk down the street. Her first stop was to the old grave yard, that everyone was or would be burried one day. She saw the newly polished stone that stood tall. Lucas was finally home where he belonged, not too long after the news of his death, his family was able to bring his body home to be laid to rest. She knelt beside it touching the stone, there were flowers laying there of course from his mother. Tears filled her eyes as she stared at the ground, the cross that she had found that day while she was on her journey was around her neck. Reaching for it she took it off and looked at it in her hand. She took a breath and laid the necklace on his grave. She touched the ground that was now grass, it was scary to think of the time that passed. It had been over a year since she lost the only man she truly loved and missed. She desired to have him back but she knew it was not to be. Ava believed in the saying that everything happens for a reason, she nodded as a tear fell down her cheek. She kissed her and then touched the stone before standing up. Ava continued to the creek that was near her house, she saw the old tree that she and Lucas sat at so many evenings. She stood under the tree taking in the images around her. She felt like he was standing right beside her. A slight breeze blew around her and she felt a shiver go down her spine.

There it was, the house she lived in for so long, she wanted to run to the door and hug the first one that answered. But then again she was a bit scared, so much had changed, and she couldn't help but wonder if they had moved on without her. Her parents would have moved on, her brother would have forgot about her, and her son would never care to know her. All these thoughts were filling her mind and she felt she could panic. She put her foot on the first step and stopped, should she keep going or stay here? Just before she could make up her mind the door opened, she saw her mother come out. Her dress was blue and she wore an apron, her hair was perfect. She looked the same, it was like time hadn't moved. Her mother didn't notice her when she came out, she was looking at a letter in her hand. Ava took in a breath, "Hi mama." Her mother looked up, shock took over her mother's face. She dropped the letter and ran down the steps to her daughter. "Ava........", she grabbed Ava and hugged her. The two women stood there arm in arm, holding one another. Tears spilled down their faces, and the sobs were uncontrollable. "My love, you are okay. You look wonderful.", her mother tried to keep the tears in. "You look beautiful mother, just as I remembered.", Ava smiled wiping her mother's face. Her mother kissed her cheek, " I've missed you, I can't believe you're home." "I'm home for good Mama.", Ava smiled. Her mother took her bags and helped her up the stairs to the front door. "Luke is sleeping, go ahead.", her mother smiled. Ava walked up the stairs to the room that was now the baby's room, the door was open and she walked in. She could see him sleeping soundly in his bed. A tear fell down her cheek, she walked over to the crib and touched his head. He woke up and looked at her, she smiled at him and picked him up out of the crib. She kissed his face over and over again. She laughed while he smiled, and she was overjoyed. She laughed when he laughed, and smiled when he smiled. She was so happy to see him, she felt complete holding her son.

Haku

<3
Its been quite awhile since the last update hasn't it? But overall another great way to make up for lost time with what has been happening since the last update and a really sweet ending to this chapter.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Ava held Luke as she walked around her house. She looked at the pictures of her and her brother. They were like best friends, he would follow her around and they had been inseperable. She smiled as she went form picture to picture. Ava stopped when she saw a picture of her and Lucas. It was when they were 15 amd she smiled. They were best friends, and he became her everything. She smiled as she touched the frame, and showed Luke his father's picture. She could hear her mother call her for dinner. She brought Luke into the kitchen and placed him in his highchair. She helped her mother finish up the last pieces and set the table. Her father and brother would be home soon and she could hardly wait. She had butterflies in her stomach. Ava and her mother sat down at the table, "Go ahead and eat something." Her mother looked at her and smiled. As long as Ava could remember they never started dinner without anyone. "It's okay Mama. I can wait.", she smiled. Ava heard the front door open and her stomach dropped. "Hey Mom, you sure missed a game...", her brother walked in the kitchen and stopped in his tracks. He looked at Ava, and she at him. She got up from the table, "Hey." Her brother dropped his stuff on the floor and ran over to her picking her off the ground. The two laughed as they imbraced each other. "I didn't expect to see you.", her brothers smile was as bright as ever. She was suprised at how grown up he was, and he had grown to be very handsome. "Well here I am", she smiled, "You dont look anything like my younger brother. I feel like Im looking at a grown man." "Well Im not that's for sure.", he laughed. They sat down beside each other and chatted. She was happy to have him, he was one of the things she missed. He made her laugh.

They began eating, and laughed about Luke and all the funny stories they had of him. Ava was sad that she missed out on so much, but knew there was so much to look forward to. The door came open again and she could hear the footsteps of her father. He went to the bedroom to get ready for dinner. Ava got up from the table and headed down the hall way. She looked into the door way, he stood so solemn, just as he always did. He unjusted his tie and set it down She watched him pick up her picture and look at it, as he probably always did. He placed the frame back on the dresser and turned to leave. "Hi Daddy.", she smiled. Her father looked at her, she wasn't sure if he realized it was really her. "Ava.", he walked over to her and held her in his arms. His embrace was strong but gentle. "I missed you Daddy.", she held onto him. He kissed her head, and pulled back to look at her. "For so long I always hoped you would be there waiting at the door, and every time I looked but you weren't there. After so long you start to lose that hope, and the image begins to fade. But it really is you.", a tear fell down her father's cheek. She smiled at her father, he really missed her, just as she did for him. The two walked down the hallway to the dining room together. Her father took his seat at the foot of the table. They all took hands and said grace, thankful that their Ava was finally home.

Haku

<3
Aww what a nice way to end the chapter everyone finally came together with no conflicts whatsoever, well done.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Thanks Haku! I have a few more posts, and then Im going to tie it up. Ive been writing this for a couple years now. I think it should be time to end it. But I do plan to start another one, it was something I tried to do with a rp, but it never worked out so I may give it a shot in the fiction world.

Haku

<3
Oh that's alright then I always knew that this story had to end sooner rather than later since alot of the events have come full circle, but whatever works out for you is fine by me.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Dwain went to the dining room where Emma and Benjamin was. He walked in and saw just how happy Emma truly was. This is how it should be. He walked over to and gave her a hug. She smiled at him, "Hi Dwain. Are you leaving?" "Yeah I think it is time for me to go home. My parents are sticking around and we are leaving together.", he smiled in response. Emma looked at him for a moment, then she took his hand, "I'm really sorry Dwain...." "It's okay Em, you're happy, thats all i want.", he kissed her hand. Benjamin walked over to the two, "Well Dwain." Dwain held out is hand, "Congratulations. I wish you two the best. No hard feelings." Benjamin took his hand and the two of them shook hands. "Thank you." Dwain smiled at both of them, Emma hugged him and they said their goodbyes. Dwain met his parents outside and loaded up his luggage. They pulled out of the drive way of the mansion, he watched out the window as the glow of the sun lit his face. He smiled as he watched the flowers, it was a beautiful sight in deed.

Haku

<3
Quite a short update but otherwise wonderful. There were a few things though you forgot to capitalize the letter "I" and the words "in deed" and "drive way" are compound words so there wasn't a need to break those up but other than those details I'm looking forward into seeing the remaining updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back