• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Prelude to Darkness - Chronicles of the Keyblade War (SignUp/OOC)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exvind

Somewhere on the planet Earth. Hope that helps.
Well, since that nice little day we saw the KHII Final Mix+ Secret Ending, our minds have been riddled with dreams of BBS and all that it entails. So, I focused on the actual area the fight takes place and wondered, "Now, why would there be a graveyard for Keyblades?" The answer?

War.

So our story takes place a solid leap back about 200 years. For perspective: The Heartless are little more than pests to be dealt with by the Keyblade-wielding masses. The Worlds of Light are all connected and easily accessible, no treacherous Gummi navigation and the like. Far less of a Disney influence in worlds, but there are still cartoonish elements here. However, being before all of their time, only the oldest of the Disney characters are alive (i.e. Merlin and Yensid are two up-and-coming wizards with a bit of an internal grudge match)

In this nice little flourishing existance, Keyblades are very common, and have been quite nearly mastered in terms of use and function. This truth gives way to the two variants of Keyblades: True, and Mass-Produced. True Keyblades are the ones that seek out Wielders, and are significantly more powerful than the Mass-Produced variety, which have no keychain and are created for use and protection by the public.

There exists a mass governmental/military group that keeps the peace in this Kingdom (for future reference, just assume that any pun is intentional.) Sanctum. This organization is entirely comprised of Keyblade Wielders, those with True Keyblades having more influence and a higher standing in the group than those volunteers with Mass-Produced varieties. Sanctum is everywhere, and has membership listed in the thousands. Being in an age of Light, there is no corruption among the ranks, and the Master-General, head of Sanctum, can assure the people that sooner or later, the Heartless shall never be a bother again.

Paradise, one might think.

But the worlds operate in balance. You cannot have Light without Darkness. With this vast age of peace and Light, it is only inevitable that the Darkness shall emerge, stronger and more terrible than ever before.

For the first time in anyone's memory, there is a traitor in Sanctum. A person or creature corrupting the Hearts of his victims. Seeds of dissent and unease are sewn, and the Heartless start to grow stronger. The Master-General begins demanding curfews and stricter regiments, hoping that the Light will prevail, and the traitor identified. That all shall return to as it should be...

...even as among the worlds, people fall to Darkness, waving the banner of Nocturne.

So, that is our backstory. You can opt to side with the forces of Light (Sanctum) with the Master General: Thisere Schriver (Me.) Perhaps you've fallen and hope to spread discord with Nocturne, spearheaded by the Traitor, (Also Me.) Perhaps you redeem yourself, or perhaps you fall. Either way, War is inevitable, this is just the drums starting and the banners rising.

Let me know if you're interested, and if this gets enough steam, I'll set up a character template. Sound good? And if you have any feedback (i.e. suggestions or questions) just pop me a PM. Frankly, I can expect fun times and ungodly amounts of epic if this goes well, so, Lets find out!

For reference, the main Sanctum base is on the world of Benedictus, a fortress world. Think a gold-themed metropolis with a grand castle/base of operations in the middle. The primary world for Nocturne operates as a fringe world of shadows and confusion, quite a bit of fog, and malformed architecture simply known as The Enigma. One cannot start out in The Enigma unless they have already fallen and joined with the Traitor, and it is Sanctum's policy to avoid The Enigma unless given express permission from the Master-General. So....If Light or Neutral, no starting on The Enigma, mk?

------------------------------------------------------------
Template: Note-No Canon Characters

Name:

Height:

Weight:

Appearance and Physical Characteristics: One paragraph minimum.

Personality: One paragraph minimum.

History: 2-3 paragraphs minimum. (Relationships to canon characters heavily discouraged.)

Weapon: (Keyblades are allowed, but note if it is the True or Mass-Produced Variety. A higher caliber of roleplaying is expected from those with True Keyblades, so if you attempt for a True and I do not think it qualifies, you will be asked to settle for a Mass-Produced, or opt for a different weapon.)

Special Abilities: (Keep it within reason. If you say you are Sora's Great Grandfather and can basically wtfpwn anything that comes your way, I'll show you the door and a boot to your rear end.)

Affiliation at start of RP: (Light, Neutral, Fallen) This can change throughout, by the way.

Will I be friendly and courteous, and not be a bunnying/god-modding/meta-gaming jerk who ruins the entire experience for everyone involved, and if so, am I willing to be excluded from the RP?: (Just to make sure you're reading. Please be honest.)

Will I keep things at PG-13 at a maximum?:

Do I understand the background for this RP?: (If the answer is no, PM me and I'll try to explain it better.)

--------------------My Templates - The Traitor will be added soon.-----------------------------------

Name: Thisere (Rhymes with Thistle) Schriver, Master-General of Sanctum

Height: 7'2

Weight:197lbs

Appearance and Physical Characteristics:
Thisere is a large, powerfully-built man, and could be considered handsome by most standards. Standing tall with broad shoulders, he does his absolute best to be a visual example of what all Sanctum member should look like. He has a shaved head, and is one of those gifted individuals who can pull it off well. His eyes are a stunning, verdant shade of green, and are made more prominant by the tan shade of his skin, which can be noted as calloused with a life of hard work. The only hair on his face is a combination moustache and goatee, a dirty blond color which, with the right lighting and location, occasionally seem to be more golden than brown.

He is fairly heavily muscled, and his uniform, (Gold and white of course, Sanctum standard), does very little to hide this. Despite his rank and title, he dresses fairly humbly. A saffron, close-fitting long-sleeved shirt underneath what could be described as a mix of a combat flak jacket and trenchcoat in the same color scheme. The overcoat is adorned with a few medals, and has a multitude of pockets in which he carries any number of random trinkets, knick-knacks, and the odd useful item. His slacks are simple, going with the color scheme and most commonly he wears heavy leather shoes with gripped soles, that are as useful for running as well as combat.

Around his neck, he wears a bright silver pendant in the shape of a Heart with two Kingdom Keys crossed over it, the signifier of the Master-General.

Personality:
Despite his position in society, Thisere is a fairly simple man. Soft spoken and not easily bothered, he holds himself to a strict moral code. He desperately tries to be the best person he can be by helping others, regardless of personal sacrifice. He stands by his code in any situation, and is forced to look to advisors or other trusted aides to do things that could be considered morally questionable. Kind to a fault and far too forgiving, he is also an astounding judge of character. A joke circulates in Sanctum that application interviews only last thirty seconds. In that time he can determine if one is really trying to join Sanctum for the right reasons or not. An exaggeration of course, but the point is made.He is absolutely loathe to fight any non-Heartless creature, and only raises his blade when absolutely necessary.

On personal notes, he enjoys the arts greatly, openly encouraging people to take up instruments, sing, sculpt, et cetera. He does this despite the fact he is an absolutely horrid painter. He tries, but he admits to his flaws. He is absolutely wonderful with children, and also stands by the policy of: "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

History:
Who is now the Master-General was born in the lower-cass district of Benedictus. Thisere as a child could have been considered, (and for the most part still is), a gentle giant. His domestic situation was far from ideal. His mother had died during childbirth, and his father, unfortunately, never fully recovered from the loss. All through Thisere's childhood, his father was either a distant, silent figure, or a harbinger of punishment. By our standards, yes, he was abused, but he never complained. He took the sparse hits here and there, and tried to get close to his father. The relationship, sadly, was one-sided. As such, young Thisere spent much of his time outside. Children picked on him because he was large, calling him names and poking fun. Only a few dared to truly bully him, but they recieved the same treatment he gave his father: open friendliness.

He did well in school for the most part, only failing Art, and getting reduced grades in Defense. The problem was not that he did not do well in Defense classes, in fact he did remarkably. He simply needed some prodding to work with other students instead of targets and dummies. His father passed away due to illness when he was fourteen. For the following months, he grieved. He continued schooling, but was in a heavy depression for quite some time. By this point, he had a large number of friends, mostly because people "just couldn't bring themselves to NOT like the big guy."

He joined Sanctum when he was 18, the year he found that he was a True Wielder. During his graduation ceremony from school, a moderately large Heartless appeared, and moved to attack the graduate who was currently speaking at the podium. Such attacks were rare, nearly non-existant, so there were no Sanctum Guards nearby. People panicked, and scattered. Thisere, however, without thinking, threw himself between the speaker and the Heartless, a fire that would become renown sparking in his eyes for the first time.

Where one second, there had been a Heartless, the next Thisere stood, a Keyblade (Abaddon) in hand. As if the own personal desire weren't enough, the mass prodding by his class and all attendees, and the media nearly made impossible for him -not- to join the ranks. He has served ever since, steadily rising through the ranks, until he served as one of a number of Generals under the previous Master-General. He stayed at that position for all of three years, before his predecessor stepped down, and the Generals unanimously elected him to the position.

He, however, was the only one who voted for anyone else.

Since taking the mantle of Master-General, he has done his best to live up to people's expectations, trying his best to keep the peace in the worlds. With the recent number of incidents regarding people leaving Sanctum, and public violence and the increase of Heartless attacks and sightings, he has been working overtime, trying to find the best way to help.

Weapon:
His True Keyblade, Abbadon, could be considered to be everything that Thisere is not. It is a large, wickedly-desgined weapon, truly one meant for combat. With a narrow triangular guard, there is a broad, thick shaft with crossed fangs and spikes running up along the side, the actual Key/Flat portion of the weapon being very scythe like, with a serrated edge. The blade is almost entirely black, with some splotches of red or crimson here and there. The keychain itself is a scythe, another reason to exemplify his distaste for fighting. A special note of the weapon is that it drips a black sort of corrosive ichor along the serrated blade, making slashes all that more painful.

Special Abilities:
Thisere himself has no true special abilities so to speak. He has a great deal of physical strength, and can jump surprisingly high for a man of his build. The only truly exceptional thing about him is his skill with a Keyblade. While loathe to fight in most cases, when he finally does opt to fight without restraint, it is a sight to behold. Abbadon's ichor is much like tar, searing hot and corrosive. In battles, Thisere can concentrate Abaddon's ichor output into an actual spray, or hold it back to be pooled on the ground in Neoshadow-esque puddles. These puddles he can manipulate, to a degree, to launch spikes or more splotches of the ichor (which dissipates once Abaddon is dismissed.

Affiliation at start of RP:
Light (Sanctum)

Will I be friendly and courteous, and not be a bunnying/god-modding/meta-gaming jerk who ruins the entire experience for everyone involved, and if so, am I willing to be excluded from the RP?:
Yes.

Will I keep things at PG-13 at a maximum?:
Yes.

Do I understand the background for this RP?:
If -I- don't understand it, what hope do these people have?

--------------------------------------------
Accepted People:
--------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Superwes

Sure I'll join, maybe tomorrow. Btw, betya that the Master General is he traitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back