• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A question about Xehanort's plan.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
The way I understand how time works in Kingdom Hearts is that the present is constantly moving forward, the past is set in stone, and the future either doesn't exist or is unknowable. Are we expected to believe that Xehanort’s time traveling plan was orchestrated from the very beginning by the RF alone? How did RF know where to find Xemnas, Braig, Isa, himself after possessing Riku, and the rest of the XIII? How did he know that future versions of Riku and Sora were on their way to the past, attempting to enter the RoS? He also knew the location and time in TWTNW where they were to gather. It makes much more sense to me that Xehanort kicked all of this into motion shortly before the events of DDD. He certainly had the idea in mind and laid the path for it from the start, but I doubt he would actually go through with gathering XIII new vessels until after KHII when his second attempt at forging the X-Blade is finally foiled.

To put it simply, I’m asking if it’s at all possible that a newly reformed Master Xehanort used an alternate method of time travel, similar to the one Sora and Riku use at the beginning of DDD, to go to the past and inform the RF of all the knowledge of past events leading up to the present. This would explain the seemingly omniscient nature of the RF and help make the plan a bit easier to swallow. It is established that the future is unknowable, not even Xehanort can know what it has in store. Why and how could the RF have knowledge of events in his future without external help from the one who has experienced it all first hand?

Last edited:

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Two things: One, I'm not sure what the hell that sequence was during the beginning of DDD, but I'm almost certain it wasn't time-traveling, between Sora's and Riku's "KH1 mindsets" and Ursula's presence. Two, most of the time-travel gathering was done by YMX; the only SoD that RF definitely contacted was YMX (although I have a feeling that RF may have given KH1 Riku time-traveling powers).

That being said, just the fact that RF knew that he existed as far back as YMX's time tells us that he knows way more than he's letting on.

Awards
The RF was the one who passed all the necessary information to YX and what I'm trying to figure out is where he got all of that information. If Xehanort was able to go to the past and chat with the RF that solve most of the problems I have with DDD's plot.

I know what you mean about the opening scenes of DDD. A lot of people on the forum said it was some alternate method of time travel, so I went with that. There was talk that as long as you existed as just a heart at one point in time, you retained the ability to time travel regardless of whether or not you regained your body, but I hate that idea. Some say it could have been Merlin since he has some control over time, but I still think it's questionable that what happened in the Timeless River was actually time travel.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
The RF was the one who passed all the necessary information to YX and what I'm trying to figure out is where he got all of that information. If Xehanort was able to go to the past and chat with the RF that solve most of the problems I have with DDD's plot.
None of the Xehanorts can travel to the time period when Xehanort existed as a floating heart. One of the rules of time-traveling is that you can only travel to times where you exist. Meaning, you exist within the flow of time.

I know what you mean about the opening scenes of DDD. A lot of people on the forum said it was some alternate method of time travel, so I went with that. There was talk that as long as you existed as just a heart at one point in time, you retained the ability to time travel regardless of whether or not you regained your body, but I hate that idea.
Trust me, I feel ya. In fact, I'm pretty certain it's flat-out fact that you forfeit the ability to time-travel as soon as you regain a body, exceptions being cases like YMX.

Awards
Whelp, I'm officially at a loss as to how his plan works. It contradicts the rules it sets up and I really hope it isn't the result of a half-baked idea that no one bothered to think out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back