• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A theory on why Apprentice Xehanort's eyes are brown and his amnesia! (spoilers included)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xemnas the Wise

This is a theory I had before... that I stated on Gamefaqs. The theory was that Apprenticenort's amnesia was indeed real for a time. The reason for this amnesia was simple... but now I have more evidence leading me to the original reason for his amnesia and indeed his eye color change. They actually are the same reason... the warring hearts of Terra and Xehanort prevent the vessel from being able to remember it's true self. The memory loss didn't kick in until Terra's heart fought back against Xehanort, which caused him to forget who he was in Radiant Garden around the time Aqua arrived. The reason was stated clearly in the Timeline for BBS "Terra's heart was beginning to fight back", this obviously culminated in Xehanort taking over again to fight Aqua and stabbing himself. But something happened in between then... As you can see (Japanese version) Xehanort's eyes are brown rather than yellow at this point. This happened when Terra is trying to retake control of his body, but obviously afterwards you see Xehanort has retaken control. So the lack of blue or yellow eyes isn't due to a union of Terra and Xehanort, nor is it the result of Apprenticenort being his own person... it is the result of the two warring hearts within him fighting for control of the "vessel". It also explains the amnesia. He didn't have amnesia until Terra was fighting back in Radiant Garden. Now the only question is why Xehanort's eyes reverted to yellow/orange as his Nobody, Heartless, and recompletion. Well, obviously the recompletion part is due to Terra's body (or heart) no longer being involved with him. As for Ansem and Xemnas, my theory is that Xehanort retook complete control at one point, possibly during Ansem the Wise's tests of Xehanort's heart OR at the point where he removed his fellow apprentices's hearts.
ROI6K8m.jpg

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
When you say spoilers included, do you mean spoilers from some new video or game release (that isn't KH2.5)?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
When you say spoilers included, do you mean spoilers from some new video or game release (that isn't KH2.5)?

I'd rather think the spoiler is in the picture included as it clearly shows that Terra-Xehanort's left eye is indeed brown and not golden.
The golden color of Xehanort's eyes shines even if the eye is half closed which is the case here, but there is no shine and when taking a second look you'll notice his eye being brown in that particular shot.

Anagram

Banned
So Blue is Terra in control, yellow is Xehanort and brown is neither?

Xemnas the Wise

So Blue is Terra in control, yellow is Xehanort and brown is neither?
Brown is basically Terra and Xehanort's hearts fighting for control and the external vessel not being able to figure out who it is. So in a way, yes neither are in control... but both are at times in their own ways. It isn't until Terranort gives into the darkness more than his Master Xehanort persona retakes control and the eyes become yellow again I assume. But Terra can still influence all his other selves (as can Xehanort) in certain ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back