• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

About the dark chains holding Sora and Ventus

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokie

Oh dang,
Sorry my friend. I got a bit ahead of myself.

The board is very interesting and I would love to see more about the rules. Maybe there will be a mini game where you can actually play this version of chess.

Or even better, Square Enix creates a real-life Kingdom Hearts chess set for fans to play on.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I see you complimenting my noticing of evidence, and I'm here to now break your confidence in me with crazy theorizing. Below is a very theoretical theory that doesn't hold weight, but is mostly just an entertaining idea that popped to mind in regards to this:

Rather recently I had considered a thought which would be rather symbolic, but also kind of out-there with vague possibilities as evidence. It is, in regards to these chains, that we could also consider how the Land of Departure largely included chains in its design. The Land of Departure however, was then transformed, and now in a symbolic way Castle Oblivion is associated with- chains of memories.

You can remember that Terranort's way to fight back against Terra regaining control of his body ended with total amnesia. It would therefore be fitting to the situation, if the chains Terra had been using in his fight to gain back his body were a form of weaponized memory- fully symbolizing the chains of memory. After all, his body had submitted, and his heart had succumbed, but his mind was the one resisting. (Full disclosure: there's yada yada about maybe memories are stored in the heart in KH, but Nobodies manage to keep their memories through their strong will/mind, which I'm associating with Lingering Will in this case.)

Another tally mark on my "tasty coincidences" thread of logic can be noted the fact that Terra receives Chaos Ripper when Land of Departure is torn asunder. Terra having a memory-related power associated with Castle Oblivion would also give much more credence to reason on why Namine would connect with him as she did in that Orchestra scene.
In the end in regards to why I'm posting something like this at all, part of it was because I find it hard to understand why Terra's chains, used specifically to fight Terranort, are now being used by any kind of Nort against Terra's will. I tend to believe this is Terra himself, but the reasoning why he would do this is unclear. So, perhaps, he's helping Sora and Ventus. Then the line of logic connected with the corrupted chains being corrupted memory, could be, maybe, he's helping them... Face Their Fears?

Indeed, the chains in Land of Departure have their links interestingly also in a rhombus pattern, but more symmetrically than those on Chaos Ripper or those used in Terra's chains.

The idea of Terra weaponizing his own chains of memories and materializing them is something that would surely be interesting to explore I agree.
As memories are a core ingredient of what a heart is made up (and according to information from CoM truly immortal) Terra would be essentially use parts of his very own being as a weapon.

Aqua's, Eraqus' and Terra's chain attacks seem to be all a variant of the same ability or at least the same ability group.
The specific effect of chaining someone up with these chains is shown to be used by Eraqus' Armor in BBS as in the screenshot and by Terra himself in 0.2.
One possibility I could see with the premise of Terra somehow intending to help is that he's chaining up Sora and Ventus only temporarily in order to forcibly transport them somewhere else with rapid speed. No time or explain things or run up, grab the boys and carry them under your arms.
Before the Eraqus-fight Terra explicitly threw Ventus into a portal in order to put him out of harms way so I wouldn't put it past him to use a more radical method yet again.
It gets often overlooked but Terra (and Aqua too to a lesser degree as shown with her "freak"- comment to Vanitas) gets really riled up when Ventus is somehow in danger or threatened.

Oh dang,
Sorry my friend. I got a bit ahead of myself.

The board is very interesting and I would love to see more about the rules. Maybe there will be a mini game where you can actually play this version of chess.

Nah, it's all good.
I appreciate it when people come up with the same ideas as that often means what you yourself thought isn't too outlandish.

Yea, I'd also appreciate an overview on the rules and the initial setup actually. So far there have been always shown more dark than light pieces even on the highest numbers (15 vs 10) yet on the outset almost any game should have a fair start.

Makes me wonder if there are all in all possibly 20 pieces per side (7 + 13).

The way the fields on the board are set up is also weird and on first glance doesn't seem to follow a specific pattern like a normal chessboard.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I'm going to say it's Terranort. I just have a feeling Terranort is also a seeker too. It could be where Lingering Will comes in to save the day. But a potential norted Eraqus? Now that would be a true surprise and would make me jump out of my seat if it happens. The man so opposed to darkness now a Seeker of Darkness? Say what? But I don't put anything passed Old Man Xehanort. He'll use anything to obtain a win.

Or...it could still be Aquanort or Darkqua, whatever she's called now. We see two female like bodies with the Seekers. It doesn't have to be Larxene up there. Who's to say she doesn't get taken out before the clash and replaced with Aqua? The faces were all hooded so it's meant to keep us guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back