• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Am I the only one satisfied...?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

disney233

Awards
Like....comment to comment is "ONE MORE DISNEY WORLD! ONE MORE DISNEY WORLD!" "THIS SUCKS WHY CAN'T WE HAVE MORE WORLDS! YOU SAID 10 NOMURA 10!!!!" Like is there anyone here satisfied with what we got? Like I said before I don't really care about how many worlds are in. Port Royal's length LITERALLY looks like it'll go through to the entire At World's End movie, and most likely bits of Dead Man's Chest. All it really comes down to is the length that makes the world. And it REALLY looks like allot's gonna happen in each of them. With all that in mind WHY care?

On top of that "NO FINAL FANTASY CHARACTERS?! NOT A SINGLE ONE ARE YOU JOKING?!?!?!" So am I wrong or are Hayner, Pense, and Olette Final Fantasy characters?

Foxycian

Awards
Like....comment to comment is "ONE MORE DISNEY WORLD! ONE MORE DISNEY WORLD!" "THIS SUCKS WHY CAN'T WE HAVE MORE WORLDS! YOU SAID 10 NOMURA 10!!!!" Like is there anyone here satisfied with what we got? Like I said before I don't really care about how many worlds are in. Port Royal's length LITERALLY looks like it'll go through to the entire At World's End movie, and most likely bits of Dead Man's Chest. All it really comes down to is the length that makes the world. And it REALLY looks like allot's gonna happen in each of them. With all that in mind WHY care?

On top of that "NO FINAL FANTASY CHARACTERS?! NOT A SINGLE ONE ARE YOU JOKING?!?!?!" So am I wrong or are Hayner, Pense, and Olette Final Fantasy characters?

um no majority are satisfied just cause ppl wished for more worlds doesn't mean they're not satisfied we are just we wished we could have got more but nothing will change if we complain.

horto12485

Awards
Nobody Cares since everyone keeps saying oh we don't need no more Disney Worlds we're good with 8 and that's fine not satisfied

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
If a question starts with am I the only one, the answer is always no.

disney233

Awards
um no majority are satisfied just cause ppl wished for more worlds doesn't mean they're not satisfied we are just we wished we could have got more but nothing will change if we complain.

It REALLY doesn't seem like it. And I'm not determining everyone on the forums. Really I WOULDN'T be surprised if amidst that last trailer there are people out there completely unsatisfied. It's hard to tell with communities like this.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
So am I wrong or are Hayner, Pense, and Olette Final Fantasy characters?

Um...they aren't FF characters, so yes.

But there are going to be final fantasy characters in this game, I just refuse to believe they aren't there. They just likely won't be as prominent and they chose not to show them in the limited time the trailer has. Just because it isn't in THIS trailer doesn't mean it won't be there.

People are just expecting everything in trailers, I dunno. Leave some mystery for the game.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
If a question starts with am I the only one, the answer is always no.
So true.

I'd say I'm dissatisfied now. So far it seems like this "saga" is going to end with a splat. I'm sure the game will sell well regardless, just like KH2.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
Nope, you're not the only one. I'm pretty satisfied with what we've got and while I won't knock on people for the game not meeting their expectations (despite the game not even being released yet), to say the game is gonna be terrible is rather reactionary and premature.

It's stuff like that that make me not involve myself with fan communities anymore. Even though I'm doing that right now...

Frick...

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Nope, you're not the only one. I'm pretty satisfied with what we've got and while I won't knock on people for the game not meeting their expectations (despite the game not even being released yet), to say the game is gonna be terrible is rather reactionary and premature.

It's stuff like that that make me not involve myself with fan communities anymore. Even though I'm doing that right now...

Frick...

A few months away will be bliss about all this

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards

Frick...

I definitely hear you on this. I understand that it's just the territory that comes with having a platform for open discussion on the things we like, but... You're 100% right, it's way too reactionary.

For example, people aren't satisfied with the world count, and that's fine BUT... We also need to remember that this isn't KH2, BBS or DDD we're dealing with. The worlds are WAY bigger, way more interactive and much longer, I'd assume. That's a lot more than we think, and we also haven't gotten a chance to play any of KH3 for ourselves yet (unless you were lucky enough to get to try the demo).

Do we really want another world, if it's not going to fit in with the overall theme? No, unless we just want to bring back KH2 Atlantica for kicks, and I know how folks feel about that one. *cues Swim This Way*

Also, how long does it take for a developer to make a world and everything that comes with it? A lot of things factor into what we currently have, and mind you, we don't even have confirmation that there aren't anymore worlds either. So, I think people need to take a deep breath and try to be a bit more rational.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
It's interesting how any negative reaction or criticism always seems to garner this response.

Look, 99% of KH fans are going to love KH3. You have nothing to worry about. Fans will actively downplay its mediocrity if that's what it takes. The internet is replete with stock subjectivist defenses for this kind of situation. Your love of the game is safe, nobody can take it away from you.

If people are upset, or disappointed, or wanted something else, or wanted something more, that's not your problem. You can choose to engage with that, or you can choose not to. Nobody is threatening your enjoyment of the game by voicing their own perspective. Remember that you have the right to love a work of art, even if it's bad.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
It's interesting how any negative reaction or criticism always seems to garner this response.

Look, 99% of KH fans are going to love KH3. You have nothing to worry about. Fans will actively downplay its mediocrity if that's what it takes. The internet is replete with stock subjectivist defenses for this kind of situation. Your love of the game is safe, nobody can take it away from you.

If people are upset, or disappointed, or wanted something else, or wanted something more, that's not your problem. You can choose to engage with that, or you can choose not to. Nobody is threatening your enjoyment of the game by voicing their own perspective. Remember that you have the right to love a work of art, even if it's bad.

Likewise, a work of art isn’t bad just because you don’t love it. :)

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Likewise, a work of art isn’t bad just because you don’t love it. :)
On the contrary, there's plenty of great art which I don't like because it doesn't suit my tastes. I readily admit to it.

Understanding the difference between subjective and objective readings is important, though. It's how we set communal standards for the content we consume and structure discussion around it towards common rather than disparate aims.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
On the contrary, there's plenty of great art which I don't like because it doesn't suit my tastes. I readily admit to it.

Understanding the difference between subjective and objective readings is important, though. It's how we set communal standards for the content we consume and structure discussion around it towards common rather than disparate aims.

That isn’t “on the contrary.” That’s what I said. A work of art is not bad because you don’t like it. Or as you put it, there can be great works of art that you don’t like. Maybe you mistook my general “you” as referring to you, specifically?

I’ve yet to see an objective reading of the game since I’ve been on this forum. I doubt I ever will.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
That isn’t “on the contrary.” That’s what I said. A work of art is not bad because you don’t like it. Or as you put it, there can be great works of art that you don’t like. Maybe you mistook my general “you” as referring to you, specifically?
I did. If that wasn't your intent, cool.

I’ve yet to see an objective reading of the game since I’ve been on this forum. I doubt I ever will.
You definitely have.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I did. If that wasn't your intent, cool.

You definitely have.

I haven’t. For one, the game is not out yet, so any reading is based on trailers and not the game itself. So it’s not possible to have a reading of the game unless you’ve worked on it or picked up a copy from the thief. Second, and more importantly, objective readings aren’t a thing. Objectivity only concerns itself with facts. A “reading,” as the term is being used here, is an interpretation of the work. Once interpretation or indidvidual perception are involved, we’ve crossed into the realm of subjectivity. An objective analysis of the game would be more accurately referred to as a report.

People mistakenly think that what they learned in literature class is an objective standard when it isn’t. It’s a subjective standard set by a certain class of society to tell others what they are supposed to enjoy and what they aren’t, empowering themselves by influencing the thoughts and experiences of those who abide by those standards. Nothing is wrong with following those standards other people set for you, but there’s also nothing wrong with not following them if your life experience has shaped you to enjoy and find meaning in art that what others might not.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Unless you're omniscient, I don't think you're in a position to know whether people have or have not been "objective" in their criticisms of what's been shown of KH3 thus far.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I haven’t. For one, the game is not out yet, so any reading is based on trailers and not the game itself. So it’s not possible to have a reading of the game unless you’ve worked on it or picked up a copy from the thief. Second, and more importantly, objective readings aren’t a thing. Objectivity only concerns itself with facts. A “reading,” as the term is being used here, is an interpretation of the work. Once interpretation or indidvidual perception are involved, we’ve crossed into the realm of subjectivity. An objective analysis of the game would be more accurately referred to as a report.

People mistakenly think that what they learned in literature class is an objective standard when it isn’t. It’s a subjective standard set by a certain class of society to tell others what they are supposed to enjoy and what they aren’t, empowering themselves by influencing the thoughts and experiences of those who abide by those standards. Nothing is wrong with following those standards other people set for you, but there’s also nothing wrong with not following them if your life experience has shaped you to enjoy and find meaning in art that what others might not.
It's not about adhering to a mathematical definition of objectivity. It's about guiding a cultural dialogue by providing basic points of reference for theoretical modes of critique to bounce off of; setting a standard around which people can congregate and dispute the merits of the material utilizing both objective and subjective reasoning. I could assert that, objectively speaking, Fifty Shades of Grey is not a well written book because it is littered with technical errors and is hindered in its communication of its basic ideas because of that, and unless there is a compelling argument to be made that there is some intent behind the errors, as in a deliberate choice in stylization which enhances the messaging of the material, it stands to reason. Artists work hard to hone their respective crafts and the choices that they make in that process are significant, because art is important in shaping and expanding our cultural perspectives and it is one of the primary social lenses through which we are enabled to view "the other" and become familiar with people and opinions outside of our own individual, familial, communal and even national bubbles. Understanding how art influences us, and the mechanisms through which it most effectively does so, is invaluable: yes, it is all "subjective" and nebulous in the sense that there is a constant exchange occurring between the art forms and the people who make art and the people who consume it, and that can be transformative in its impact over time and in different places, but within that there are still conceptions of form, method and theory which constitute the "objective" qualities which define art in practice and provide insight into what we look to get out of it.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying any form of art, or advocating for any form of art. But first you have to understand what it is you enjoy, and what it is you're advocating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back