• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Animal Crossing Deluxe [Finished]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
[For the record, I've written the majority of these parts months ago and posted them in another forum I go to. I'm not entirely sure why I'm posting them here, but I am. These are the first two parts since they are rather short by themselves (About 1K words each) and lately I've been writing at least 3K per write. I don't write for comments (I enjoy writing. I don't see why people would stop writing if people don't read/comment on their work) but since these have already been written and I don't need to do any work on them, I'll probably post them a few days apart from one another, of course that's depending if people enjoy my writes or not. I wouldn't want to post here if nobody likes them. If that' hypocritical, so be it; I'll still be writing, I just won't post them here. I should also say that this doesn't entirely stay true to just the game, and the main character faces problems that are not present in AC. I'm afraid this might turn people away from the story, but whatever. The end of part one and the start of part two will be presented with a string of lines, like the one that borders this prewrite and the actual story. One final thing I need to say is that because this is an Animal Crossing fanfic, I want to try to keep it PG, but I'm pretty sure there are a handful of swears in here anyway. Anywho enough prewrite stuff here's the story]
------------------------------------------------

They say moving out is a sign of maturity. It means you’re growing up and ready to face the world. For me it was just an escape from home. That’s not to say I hate where I come from or my parents, but I just got so tired of them I decided to leave. I think what surprised, and saddened, me the most was that both okay with it. They gave me a hand packing, helped me find a new town with an empty house, gave me a bit of starting money, hell they even paid for the train ticket. Now I’m leaning against the window near my seat with my single fat dull green bag of luggage above my head in the rafters watching the world pass by. To the right on the other aisle I could make out the sleeping figure of Joan the turnip seller. She would always come to my old town to sell turnips to anyone who would buy. As a child, I always got my parents to buy me a single turnip. They were so sweet to me, and selling them for a profit in the stalk market was the last thing I ever wanted to do. My mind wandering, I wondered if she was ever the victim of discrimination for being an animal coming to a human town. I admit the first time I saw her she scared me. And why not? I was four years old and she was a large boar looming over me with turnips. Will I have to face anything like that in my new town? The only empty house we could find that wasn’t absurdity far was full of mostly animals. I wasn’t even sure if there were any other humans living there. We hit a bump on the tracks, something I didn’t think was even possible, which made my bag fall off it’s place and plop noiselessly onto the floor in front of me. It didn’t open, nothing fell out, and I stood to try and place it back onto it’s place. I had a hard time doing it when the train was still, but now that it was in motion I found it next to impossible to strap it on to it’s designated area. I was about to give up and just keep it on my lap for the rest of the trip when someone called out to me.

“Want some help with that?” I heard. Turning around I saw a blue cat wearing a red and black patterned sweater. Like most other animals, he lacked pants. How did they survive the winter, anyway?
“Uh. Well, yeah, I guess.” I stammered stupidly. It never crossed my mind before how hard it would be to talk to people--if people would even be the proper term--I’ve never met before, nor not even the same species. With a happy look on his face, he easily placed my bag onto the tall rafters and secured it. It left me wordless. He made it look so simple, and I had such a hard time with it.
“You probably think I made it look easy, huh?” He said, sitting down on the seat in front of mine. I didn’t stop him, why should I? He just helped me out. He looked out the window with a wistful look. “But really it’s only because I’ve been riding this train for a long time.” Suddenly, he looked at me with his silted red eyes. They were full of laughter and hope, but somehow I could see remorse and sadness in them. “My name’s Rover.” he said cheerfully. “What do you go by?”
“Uh, Casper.” I blurted out. “Casper Donn.” Aren’t I the social one. Not even in town yet and I’m already making friends. The window was slightly open, and a sudden draft came into the train that ruffled my black short hair. I wonder if Rover’s whiskers got in his way if the wind blew hard enough, or while eating. There was a silence coming over us that I decided was lasting way too long, so I asked the first thing I could think of. “Where are you going, Rover?” He looked at me oddly, as if that were a silly question. It made me feel ignorant.
“No where really.” He answered with a bored but curious voice. “I do this all the time. Just riding the train for fun, visiting different towns, villages, cities, whatever I think looks like fun at the moment.” This cat must be loaded with bells if he can afford to just travel for a living. “What about you, are you on your way home?” Oh man, I didn’t think he’d ask me the same question. That was stupid of me, of course he would. I need more friends to make small talk with.
“Something like that.” I told him. My voice was calm, but for some reason my heart rate had tripled. “I’m actually on my way to move into a new town.” It was more of a village, but that reminded me of medieval times, so I used town instead.
“Wow really?” He nearly shouted it out, this guy seemed more excited about it than I did. “That sounds awesome! What’s the name of the place? Maybe I’ve been there.”
“Uh,” Digging through my pockets I pulled out a small map of the town I had downloaded and printed from the internet. The top of it said ELLIN. That was a weird name. “I guess it’s called Ellin. Ever heard of it?” Rover closed his eyes and put his paws behind his head as he reclined on his seat. It looked like he was deep in thought, and I had to fight the urge to tug on one of his whiskers.
“Yeah!” He said, sitting back up. His eyes looked huge. Maybe all cats were like that. “Yeah,” he repeated, with a more in-door-voice. “I’ve been there. Nice place. My buddy runs the store there. Said he had an empty house he wanted to sell. He called me up the other day to tell me someone finally did. That was you, was it?”
“Probably, yeah.” I felt a little happy knowing my landlord was a friend of Rover. He seemed like a cool cat, if you forgive the pun, and didn’t it didn’t seem like he’d have bad friends. We talked for a little while about non important things like the weather which was suddenly becoming colder. It wasn’t that odd, seeing as we were nearing October now. A few minutes later, Rover warned me that my stop was coming up and he helped me bring down my bag.
“Here.” he said, giving me a scrap of paper, “This is my cell phone number. Give me a call sometime and I’ll humor you with a story.” I was flabbergasted.
“You aren’t coming with me?” I asked, surprised. “I thought you said you didn’t have anywhere important to go? Why not come with me for a bit, say hello to your friend?” He looked at me with a pained look before answering.
“That would be stealing your moment.” He said finally. “Your first sight of the town should be your own, not one clouded by me.” I’m not sure if he was being deep or if he just didn’t want to get off the train to my new town. Whatever the case was, I didn’t push it. It wouldn’t do me any good to upset a new friend.

The train came to a stop for the umpteenth time. The difference was that this time I was the only one standing near the door to get off. When it opened, I gave Rover a sad little wave, flung my bag over my shoulder and walked off the train.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The first thing that hit me was the strong wind that emerged with the door opening. Part of me suspected it was just air shoot things attached to the door, like how most supermarkets have on their doors to make it seem fresher than it really is. All that made me want to do was hang around the door all day. Stepping off the train’s cabin, I had to shield my eyes from the bright rays of the already setting sun. How late was it, anyway? I didn’t have a watch on my person, it was in my bag and I didn’t want to dig around for it now.

“Eeeeek!”

Holy hell, what was that!?

“Eek eek. Welcome to the outskirts of Ellin!”
Turning to the right slightly allowed me see the source of the cries. It was a monkey. In some kind of suit. Oh duh, he works for the train station. Come on, Casper, try to keep up.
“Uh. Thanks.” I muttered, followed with “Where’s the town, if you could tell me?” The monkey Porter pointed down the steps and said
“Follow the path. Eek. It’s not too long a walk, but you should hurry before it gets dark.” He quickly removed his little hat and scratched his head. Very monkey-like, I guess. “Wait, your name wouldn’t happen to be Casper, would it?”
“Yeah, actually it is. Why?” Am I famous now?
“Mister Tom Nook told me to give the new person moving in a map in his place.” He turned around to reveal a small dark green box that looked like it was used for mail more than anything. Reaching his paw in, he pulled out a sheet of paper and handed it to me. “Here you go. Eek. Your house is marked as well as other villagers’ houses. Along with the store, the tailor, museum, and all the other things Ellin has to offer.” I took the map and gave it a quick look through. This train station was far up north from the rest of the town. My new house was waiting for me south of here. It wouldn’t take too long to reach it, I hoped.
“Um thanks, goodbye.” I said to him briskly.
“Eekeek. Byebye, mister Casper. Come around whenever you want to travel somewhere.”
I walked carefully down the small steps of the station, and saw the huge clock it had on top of it. 6:57 PM, and slowly getting darker. The path the Porter had mentioned was a dirt road surrounded by trees. The slowly setting sun gave the place an odd feel, it was like a mix of hope and fright. I was really curious to get off the path and see what the rest of the town looked like, but I was tired and wanted to fall sleep as soon as possible. A few more minutes of walking passed when I heard a rustle behind a tree. Being in an unknown place nearing darkness tends to make people paranoid, and I’m not no exception. Slowly, I turned to where I heard the noise.
“Hello?” I said timidly. There was another rustle of leaves followed by a small clicking noise. Now I was scared. The clicking reminded me of the click of a pistol being pulled back. What if some kind of homicidal maniac was out and about? I stepped awkwardly in the opposite direction of the noise. I was still facing towards it, though, in case someone jumped out, I would see them. Another rustle, though this time I saw movement in a nearby bush. “Hello?” I said again, forcing my voice not to crack. There was a soft buzzing noise as a small insect flew out of the bush. My mind told me to relax. It was the bug that made the noise, obviously. Boy was I wrong. I was busy watching the small red bug fly away, so I didn’t see the small figure coming towards me. Without warning, there was a loud scream from behind me. Alarmed, I turned around to see a small silhouette holding what looked like the silhouette of a pole arm weapon rushing towards me. I was stunned with fear. My legs locked up, my heart rate tripled, and cold sweat made my shirt stick to my back. Seconds felt like days as the small figure ran towards me. When it got close enough, it swung it’s weapon down towards me.

Goodbye, Anna.

Last edited:

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
re: Animal Crossing Delux: Pt3: "I don't remember the real titles, so I'm going to be taking the piss."

Wow, I never would have imagined an Animal Crossing fanfiction. And to my surprise, it's interesting! Seeing the main character's reacting to the animals and hearing his thoughts; I like how you gave a life sim with little to no story so much personality. You said you already wrote more to this, yes? Aside from a few errors here and there, it's good, and I'd like to keep reading.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Animal Crossing Delux: Pt3: "I don't remember the real titles, so I'm going to be taking the piss."

Considering how old this is, rereading it is cringe inducing for me. It's like how some actors can't stand to see themselves preform, along with the spelling/grammar errors. Also, when I wrote this I was in a different message board with good friends, so some of the neighbors I write about were based on them and oh god I haven't talked to them in years what if they're dead jesuschrist

---
Growing up, I always wondered how death worked. I learned that everyone has to die eventually, even if they didn’t want to. My parents tried to tell me not to be afraid of death, and just accept it when it comes. Now, standing here, on the skirts of a town I’m not at all familiar with during twilight facing my own doom, I found it very hard not to just pass out or ruin my shorts. Down came the shadow of a weapon, certain to connect with the top of my head. Even though I knew I shouldn’t, I couldn’t help but think of her right now. Think of Anna. Oh well, I won’t have to worry about that in another second or so.

I HAVE YOU NOW!” Came the cry.
Ffffloop!

Ow! Dang, metal hurts! …Actually, if this was death, it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I decided to open my eyes. If I had reached heaven, I had nothing more to lose anyway.
Dang! Sorry about that! But where’d it get off to?” someone said.
Wait what.
I shot open my eyes. I was still on the path heading to my new house. Endless rows of trees surrounded me, but my head was still on my shoulders, and in one piece. I sighed heavily while feeling my heart slowly begin to pump blood into my system again. But then, what just happened? I heard footsteps behind me, so my brilliant brain figured out that whoever just got to me was now in the opposite direction of before. That was behind me, rather then in front of me. I turned around. It was a little funny at first, actually, and had I not thought I was going to die a minute ago I would’ve chuckled a little. I saw a small figure wearing a yellowish cap with a bug-catching net jumping around like a madman.
Uh.” I started, “What are you doing?” He didn’t stop jumping when he answered.
Trying to get that bug, dood!” He cried, pointing what looked like a flipper at a low branch. On the branch was the small red bug. Stepping closer to the animal, I noticed he was a penguin. He was rather short, and was wearing a blue shirt with snowflakes on them, and his yellowish cap was actually a brown pilot’s cap, complete with little goggles.
Oh. I see…” I really didn’t. “You want some help…err something?” What else could I say? You scared the hell out of me birdbrain, get out of my face? I wasn’t raised that way. As soon as I said that, he stopped jumping and looked at me with sparkly eyes.
You would do that, dood?” He asked, in awe.
Err…yeah, sure. Just let me use your net for a bit and I’ll get the bug.” He nodded enthusiastically at me before handing me his metal net and stepping to the side of tree.
Please don’t kill it.” He cooed. At least, it sounded like a coo. Better than a cluck I guess har har. Leaning onto the tree while balancing on the tips of my toes, I carefully pulled at the bug--which I could now see was a ladybug--so it was inside the net before I flipped the net itself over. I never understood why insects became so harmless once they were inside nets. Even scorpions and tarantulas suddenly seem to pass out as soon as nets cover them.
Here we go.” I mumbled as I brought the net down. The penguin held out his flightless wings eagerly before reaching inside and pulling the small ladybug out. “Do you live here?” I asked suddenly.
Yep.” He answered, tugging gently at the wings of his captured insect. “I’ve been here for a while.”
That’s cool.” As lame as that sounded, it was the only response I could think of. “I’m about to move here right now, you know.” The small bird looked up at me.
Then you’re Casper?” Whoo-hoo I am famous now. I nodded at him, wondering how he knew my name. “Sweet! My name is Fezz! It’s great to meet you, dood!” Fezz? That sounded familiar. Maybe I was having de ja vu or something.
Good to meet you too, Fezz, but I gotta ask, why were you so interested in that ladybug?” And more importantly, why did I help? It wasn’t THAT important, was it?
Oh, it wasn’t THAT important, dood. I just have this friend. She’s real interested in male ladybugs and asked me to catch a bunch of them for some reason.” Okay, that was a little weird. “I’ll just keep this guy with the others.” Before I could ask what he meant, he reached into a backpack on his back and pulled out what looked like an empty mayonnaise jar with small holes on the lid. There were lots of other small ladybugs buzzing around in there, it must’ve taken a long time to catch them all. He quickly undid the lid, dropped the new ladybug inside, and closed the lid before any of the other ladybugs could fly out. I was impressed, that was for sure. I probably would have fumbled around with the lid for a few minutes. “Anyway, dood, do you need some help with unpacking or something? I’ve got nothing to do for the rest of the night. Well, except sleep…and eat…maybe play a SNES game…” Before he could list off every single thing he could do with his time, I interrupted him.
Well if it isn’t too much trouble, then sure.” He smiled at me (at least I think he did. Beaks are hard to read.) then nodded. Before I could take another step, I heard a loud gong-like sound followed by a handful of other gong-like sounds. “Wh-what was that?!” I asked him, probably in a panicky voice. I was too busy panicking to notice.
Oh that? Just the town bell, dood. It rings every hour.” All that happened in under three minutes?! There is no way that’s true. Whatever the case was, we walked on the path for a few more minutes talking shortly about trees, fruit, and the flowers in this town. He said peaches were plentiful here, but someone had planted other types of fruit as well. He also told me Joan the turnip seller visits every Sunday morning, which meant I only had to wait three days if I wanted to buy some. Finally, I could make out the figure of a house in the horizon. It didn’t look at all big, but it didn’t look too small either. The roof was in a kind of triangle shape and was painted a calm blue color. Blue always reminded me of the number two for some reason. When we reached the door, I opened my bag and fished out the key the landlord had sent to my parent’s house when we offered to buy the house. I put the key into it’s lock and turned. I pushed the door open, which gave me more than a little bit of resistance and let out an odd creaking noise.
Welcome home, dood!” Fezz said. I smiled at him and went into my new dream home. Boy it was dark in here. There should be light switch in here somewhere…Oh here it is.

click

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Re: Animal Crossing Delux: Pt3: "I don't remember the real titles, so I'm going to be taking the pis

I'm in love with this fan-fiction of animal crossing, CD-Man. I need more of this to read. When I got to the end of chapter three, I expected to see more pop out after this. Oh my, I was howling with laughter, when Casper thought he was going to die and it ended up being a net. I can't look at animal crossing again without seeing that in my mind now. Also, I'm really curious about who this Anna happens to be. Also got the feelz, after seeing Rover. <3 I love Rover and his personality was spot on. Seriously CD-Man, I love your writing style, and I'm so happy you posted this story here! :D I can't praise it enough, and the wonderful personalities you've given to these characters too. I hope to see more chapters someday.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Re: Animal Crossing Delux: Pt3: "I don't remember the real titles, so I'm going to be taking the pis

Oh my goodness, I did not realize you updated this! Awesome chapter, absolutely hilarious with the entire ladybug situation. I loved the "beaks are hard to read" line. Keep it coming man!

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Re: Animal Crossing Delux 4: Nothing actually happens in this one

You guys are weird. I AM CRINGING SO HARD AT READING THIS YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW. Also the titles are just going to be jokes. They had real names to them at one point, but for some reason I didn't save them so whatever. Also also, I guess I'll be posting a chapter a week every Sunday unless I run into another really short one, in which case I'll post two.

---

I was back on the train. What the hell was I thinking, moving out in the first place? I’m only 16 years old for crying out loud, I don’t know anything about living on my own. I wanted to see Rover again before the train stopped to ditch back in Fyetsville with my parents. He seemed so wise and full of different ideas that I had never thought of before that I wanted him to recall all of his stories to me. All the ups, the downs, and his relation with my almost-but-not-quite landlord who’s name was apparently Tom Nook. I would have told him about myself some more as well. I would’ve told him about my dreams, my fears, hell I might have even told him about Anna. No, that was a lie, I never want to think of her again…but I always do. It was raining. I could see from my window that it was coming down hard. So much so all I could really see was blurry figures that I guessed was trees, signs, maybe people.
“What’s up, dood?”
Fezz had just walked the corner into my aisle. Aside from him, I was alone. He was holding most of a carrot, though it had a sizeable bite-like portion missing from the tip. “You’re just gonna leave, then?” He asked me, sitting across from my seat.
“I can’t take it.” I answered in a croaked voice. “I’m still just a kid, I can’t live by myself like that. I need to get home.” Fezz shook his head and walked away, biting into his carrot before leaving the train’s cabin. He’ll probably get off the next stop and head back in Ellin.

Rover never showed up. I don’t know why I thought he would, I just kind of hoped against hope he would. Now I’m standing in front of the door the train waiting for it to open and drench me in rainwater. I wish I had brought an umbrella. A minute passed. Two. The door stayed closed. I heard thunder rip the quiet drizzle of falling water into a noisy patch of gongs. They almost made a melody, actually. It sounded kind of familiar, but I couldn’t place it anywhere. All my mind kept bringing up was ladybugs. The gonging thunder hadn’t yet stopped when I tried pushing the door open manually. I had pushed too hard though, and I fell forward when it opened. Blimey, I bet this was gonna hurt.

Now I was on the cold floor, completely covered with sheets and covers. I tried to wrestle my way out, but I felt weak and groggy. Wait, why wasn’t I soaked with water, and where did these sheets come from? Sitting up and slamming sheets away from my face, I saw the dark outline of my new room surrounding me. I guess I was just dreaming all of that. Staggering to my feet, I turned to the small digital clock on the nightstand next to my bed. 4:01 A.M. I wanted to go back to sleep, but I don’t think I could have. Instead, I sat on my bed rubbing my face with my hands trying to wipe away the sleep. Fezz was long gone, he went home somewhere between nine and ten after helping me set up what little furniture I had brought with me. I felt lucky that raccoons in Japan had come up with ways to turn furniture into leafs for easy traveling. If it wasn’t for that, all my stuff would have stayed in my old room in Fyetsville. My new house had two floors in it, though the second floor had two rooms in it while the first floor only had one. The second floor, which I was using as a bedroom, seemed much smaller than the first, though that was probably because it had a bathroom cutting off the room’s size by a fair chunk. Standing up, I walked into the bathroom to take care of some morning business. While washing my hands at the sink, I looked at my shirtless self in the mirror. God I was a wreak. Bedhead was the only way to describe my short black hair, it was a complete mess. My eyes had small dark bags under them that clashed terribly with my pale skin, and my eyes themselves were green, but looked slightly bloodshot. Hoped that cleared up during the day. I walked back into my room and put on some jeans and the black v-neck I had came to town with. I didn’t want to have to worry about my hair so I put on the red knit hat I had brought with me before walking downstairs. I didn’t bother to turn on the lights, there wasn’t much to see aside from the stove, chair, TV, and fridge I had brought with me. Besides, I didn’t want to depress myself with how cramped it all looked here. It was like a studio apartment, maybe worse. I opened the front door and locked it behind me as I walked out.

The sun was just barely starting to rise, but it was still mostly dark out here. I pulled out the map the Porter had given me, wondering where I should go. I noted that the museum had a café in it and decided that would be the best way to start my first day in town. I followed the map to the museum without any real incident. I passed a few houses on the way, but it was probably too early for anyone to be awake. The museum was long and white, and I could see the tip of a telescope sticking from the roof. The mat on the floor to the entrance was red and had a yellow design of an owl which I remember hearing was the animal that represented wisdom. “Stubborn as a mule” and “loyal as a dog” wandered into my head, and I wondered if they were true. There was no one to greet me as I entered, but a nearby sign informed me that the museum was always open. I counted four more red rugs in front of four more open passages. Each one had a small picture which ranged from a dinosaur skull, a fish, a butterfly, and what looked like the Mona Lisa. There was also a staircase going up and one going down, which had signs showing stars and a cup of coffee respectively. I took the staircase going down.

I was greeted with the refreshing smell of coffee beans as I reached the bottom. The place was lightly lit, and I could see a piano set off to the side next to some speakers. There was tables scattered here and there which gave me the feel of one of those poetry cafés.
“…Coo.” I nearly jumped high enough to hit my head on the ceiling. “Welcome to The Roost.” was all the huge pigeon behind the only counter said. He was slightly green, and was wearing what looked a tuxedo with a black bowtie. Next to him were a lot of instruments and such I couldn’t quite see. Probably coffee makers or something.
“Uh, thanks.” I said, walking towards the counter. “How much for a cup of coffee?”
“200 bells.” He said flatly. Not much of a talker, I guess. I had around five thousand bells on me, and the only reason I came down here was for a drink, so why not?
“I’ll take one, then.” I told him, sitting down in one of the stools on the counter that made it feel more like a bar than anything. I fumbled for my wallet a while before taking two gold coins out and placing in on the counter in front of the pigeon. He cooed again, then rummaged around for a bit down where I couldn’t see him. I was hoping he wasn’t doing anything to my cup when I looked at the shelf behind him. There was mostly containers that probably held milk or sugar or something in them, but on the top shelf were two small weird statues with hollow eyes. They gave me the creeps. To the side of the shelf was a golden plaque that read “The Roost is proudly owned by Brewster” I took a shot in the dark to say Brewster was the name of the pigeon serving me.
“One coffee.” He said, placing a mug gingerly in front of me. “Drink it while it’s hot for best taste, coo.” Well sure, how hot could coffee be, right?

It took about a week for my tongue to fully recover.

Max

Staff member
Awards
re: Animal Crossing Delux pt5: "This is the worst squirrel joke. Just kill me."

So, I laughed pretty hard at the beginning. He was on the train again? I was like "What, after just turning on the light in his house he decided he was done?!" Haha, that was good, glad it turned out to be a nightmare. I also liked the 'Japanese turning things into leaves for easier transportation' line, that was pretty funny too.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

I was startled to see Casper on the train again and I'm like, "Didn't you just move in? Did Tom Nook scare you off already?" only to realize it was all just a dream. I really like how you describe the places Casper visits, because it flows naturally. Not many people can do that. And I laughed at how naive Casper was to drink hot coffee. Poor Casper's tongue. I know what that's like. I enjoyed this chapter a lot and I like Fezz a lot.

And CD-Man, I've always been weird. xD

Max

Staff member
Awards

It's almost Sunday, you know what that means! New Game of Thrones, new Californication, and new Animal Crossing Delux! I can't freaking wait!

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com

It's almost Sunday, you know what that means! New Game of Thrones, new Californication, and new Animal Crossing Delux! I can't freaking wait!
292421_503488136367551_1158488378_n_zpsa92d9a2b.jpg

(I make all these jokes about how I dislike my old work, but I'm also finding it really interesting to reread them.)

Max

Staff member
Awards

Well I'm glad you're finding interest in it as well, because you kind of seemed like you hated it haha

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards

I'm not a big fan of animal crossing but this fic might get me to get the game. Keep up the good work.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Animal Crossing Delux pt5: "This is the worst squirrel joke. Just kill me."

Thanks for reading along, Lanydx. Means a lot. Check out any of the games if you get the chance, they're pretty chill.

I seriously had to stop reading this when I got to the squirrel joke near the end of the second paragraph. It was way too cheesy for me to take. Also the second half of this reminded me of Winnie the Pooh.

---

I finished off the piping hot coffee with a small pastry I bought from Brewster. It was pretty much a mini-cinnamon roll, but the icing felt great on my tongue. Luckily I was still able to talk normally, and I could still taste food well enough. Someone else had come down into the café while I sipped my cup carefully. She was a white pelican who seemed to be a good terms with Brewster, since he actually made some small talk with her. I was glad for her presence, it let me blow on my coffee without getting glares from the pigeon as he tended her. I wanted to get out of there, the darkness was starting to mess with my eyes. Thanking the bartending pigeon, I made my way up the stairs. I was about halfway up when I saw an outline of someone heading down the same stairs as me.
“Oh, you’re back already?” Said the figure. It sounded female, but I couldn’t see her face. “Good thing, too. Redd’s starting to act up again, sidekick.”
“Uh. What?” I was completely lost. There was a long pause as the figure stared at me. I’m guessing she could only see as much of me as I could see as her, which wasn’t a whole lot.
“You’re not the human, then?” She asked. This confused me more.
“I’m a human, my name is Casper, I just moved here.” Saying that seemed to clear the confusion from her, but not for me since she giggled in response.
“Oh sorry about that, lemon. I thought you were someone else. Hehe…” That was something I had already placed myself, but something else she said had caught my attention.
“You said human, right? Does that mean there’s a human already living in Ellin?” I was getting excited. if there was another human then I wouldn’t be alone in a town full of animals. We could end up being best friends and do human stuff that animals don’t, like wear pants.

…Alright, that wasn’t the best example, but I still wanted there to be another human in this town. It might make living here a lot easier.
“Uh-huh. She’s been here for a year now, I think. She went on a trip a few days ago though, I’m not sure when she’ll be coming back, lemon.” I saw her darkened figure turn around. “Anyway I need to go now. I’ll see you around.” My brain was still busy processing what I had just heard when she said that.
“W-wait a sec. What’s your name? We’re living in the same small town and all. Plus I told you my name, can’t you tell me yours?” She didn’t even stop walking as she answered.
“Everyone here just calls me Socks.” Came her answer. As she reached the top, the light from upstairs hit her. She had white fur from what I could see. Small animal ears and a massively bushy tail that had a single black line on it that raced from her body to the tip. It was like someone had gotten a paintbrush and slashed at her tail. Then she was gone. My first squirrel-friend, har har. Now that she was gone I started thinking about what she had told me while slowly making my way upwards. Not only was there another human living here, but it was a girl. There was no way it could be who I thought it was. It just couldn’t be. Still I felt my mind betray me as I began to hope it was her. I had just gotten outside of the museum and noticed the sun was coming out when I heard something.

“Mew” At first I thought I had imagined it, so I ignored it and walked straight. Then I heard it again, louder. “Mew!! Mew!!” I had no idea where it was coming from, but it sounded high up.
“Hello?” I called out. “Where are you?” I stopped myself from asking “What are you?”
“U-up here…” I looked to the direction of which I heard the cry, and saw a small cat on a tree. It sounded female as well, but she was a light orange color. Almost yellow, really. She was wearing a blue dress with a small red design on it that I couldn’t make out. She looked like a little girl, actually.
“Um. Okay. Why are you in the tree? Are you stuck or something?”
“N-no…” She said sadly. I think she’s been crying for a while up there, but I didn’t want to ask her something like that. “I lost my mama. Have you seen her? She looks like me, only bigger!” She slowly made her way down the tree.
“No, I’m sorry I haven’t.” I grabbed the map in my pocket and opened it. There had to be some kind of police station or something around here. What if there was a robbery, or a fire? After a few seconds of looking, I found that the town gate’s gatekeepers were also the police force. It would probably be best to take her there and have them help. “Alright, my name is Casper.” She had gotten down the tree and ran right next to me. Her hand was covering her mouth, and she seemed to not want to get too close to me. ‘Don’t talk to strangers.’ That’s what my mom used to tell me. “We’re going to go to the police, they’ll help us find you’re mom, okay?” She gave me a huge smile when I said that, like I had grabbed the sun from the sky and told her it was full of candy. “ ‘K! My name is Katie!” She shouted happily. Don’t take this the wrong way or anything, but she looked adorable when she said that.

We slowly made our way north to where the town gate was, passing by a house or two a few flowers and a bridge. I had to hold her hand as we passed the bridge because she was afraid she’d fall into the river otherwise. Aside from that point, she kept her distance from me, which I thought was fair. I was, after all a big scary human to this small probably six-year-old kitten. When we reached the large two door gate, I saw a small area to the side that had a silver painted building. On the side it read “ELLIN POLICE AND FIRE DEPT.” Five hundred bells says this was the place. As soon as we entered, we saw another light orange cat talking to a large dog in a uniform. She was taller than I was, and was wearing a green apron that had a fish drawn on it, and she looked furious at the officer dog.
“What do you mean you can’t find my daughter?!” She screamed at him. “Have you even sent people out to search for her!?” The large dog looked totally lost and helpless.
“Uh, yes. I’m pretty sure we have… I think…” That was not the answer she wanted to hear, and she was about to yell at him some more, but Katie ran toward her screaming:
“Mama!!” Hearing that, she turned around and ran towards her daughter. They had a little moment of hugging and a little bit of crying took place with a handful of “I missed you”’s, “I was so worried”’s, and “I’m sorry”’s. When they were done, Katie led her mom towards me.
“Mama, this guy helped! He brought me to you!” She was holding on to her mother by the hand, and it didn’t look like she was going to let go anytime soon.
“Is that true?” She asked me. She seemed so refine, it knocked me off balance.
“Uh, yeah. Well, kind of. I just thought that…well, the police would’ve found her soon if I hadn’t right? So I didn’t really…”
“Nonono,” She said, interrupting me. “You did bring me daughter to me, and I have to thank you for it.” I’m not sure why, but I felt my face get hot and flustered.

“Th-that’s alright, really…” She either didn’t hear me, or she ignored me, because she had reached into her purse, pulled something out and handed it to me.
“My boy is too much of a trouble maker with this, I think it’ll be better with you. She had given me a slingshot. A sliver model, at that. It had extra space for two rocks, not that I could imagine a time I’d need to fire two at a time.

Huh. I wonder if I can hit Brewster with this…

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
re: Animal Crossing Delux pt6: "Welcome to Feelsville. Population: You"

I laughed at the small reunion of mother and daughter. Gosh, you'd think they were lost for years or something. Casper, I love the way your mind thinks. So evil to want to hit Brewster with your slingshot. And oh my gosh, you got the police dogs down perfectly. They're so useless. x'D Heck, I always feel guilty for raiding their lost and found, but that's their own fault for being so careless. Ah, this was a great chapter that amused me to no end. I'm excited to see what happens when this other human returns to town and meets Casper. Each chapter I read has something completely new and unexpected that I can't read it fast enough or get more of it. Socks is kind of eccentric, KitKat thinks. :D

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Animal Crossing Delux pt6: "Welcome to Feelsville. Population: You"

I feel these are getting shorter. I also feel that my attempt at being serious here wasn't all that grand, but I'm also my own worse critic, so whatever. I also also feel some feels when I reread this. The fact that I was late in putting this up despite the fact that it's all already written out probably says something about my character. Nothing good I bet, so I'll just ignore it.

---

I found out from Katie’s mom that this town had a wishing well of sorts. For some reason, I was really eager to find it, so I looked on my map for it only to find disappointment. It wasn’t listed on the map so I asked the police dog--Copper--about it, and he told me it was just east of the museum. So I headed back to the museum and turned left when I reached it. From a distance, I thought it looked like a giant tree. When I got closer, I noticed it was just a giant tree…with a stone fountain that looked like it was built into the tree. It was kinda weird, but maybe they just built it to look that way. It wasn’t circular, and it had a small plaque on the top that was too worn out to read from the salt-filled air from the nearby beach. I walked to the front of it and looked into the water. Why was I looking forward to this, anyway? It’s just a well, it doesn’t hold anything valuable or anything like that. I was about to leave when a gust of wind hit me from behind and pushed me toward the fountain. I bumped into it but remained dry.

“Who stands before me?” I know it seems like I scare easy from these past experiences, but it’s only because people talk when I don’t see them. Once again, I jumped. This time however, I let out a not-so-manly yelp that I wasn’t exactly proud of. “I beg your forgiveness, I did not mean to startle you.” I’m not sure if that was suppose to calm me down, but it didn’t.
“Who’s there?” I asked timidly.
“My name is Serena. I am the goddess of the fountain of Ellin.” Of course she was.
“Sure, okay that makes perfect sense. If you’re a goddess, than I guess I’m some kind of killer dude with some lame guitar, right?” I said to the fountain sarcastically. Talking to a fountain was a bit counter productive of proving my point, but I had no where else to talk to.
“Yes.” She said, “In another dimension you are just that.” This lady was gonna drive me crazy. “Moreover, I see that you do not believe me.” Duh.
“Nope not at all. I gotta ask though, are you always so…formal?”
“Yes, the exceptions are when one throws an axe at me. I’m not quite sure what they hope to accomplish with that.” This was getting stupid, I was ready to bail on her.
“Well then, it was nice to meet you, Serena, but I gotta go. There’s a lot to do in this town and I don’t want to waste a second of it, so tootles.” I was about to turn around when she said something that made me freeze.
“Waste a second of it? Like with Anna?” I felt like a ton of bricks had fallen on me.
“Wh…what’d you say?”
“Anna, correct? She was very close to you. You think of her constantly. I can see her now, in your mind. She’s rather pretty, really. Her long red hair that always got on her face when the wind blew. Her oddly colored eyes that were either a grayish blue, or a light green, you could never decide which.”
“Stop.”
“Her creamy white skin, her face dotted with very light freckles…”
“Stop, please.”
“She always wore a green dress, did she not? It was silky smooth, and when she walked it looked like it was dancing with her.”
“I said shut up!” I wasn’t at all sure how to hurt someone I couldn’t see, let alone someone who clammed to be a goddess, but I wanted nothing more than to hurt her somehow. I slapped at the water, kicked the tree, loaded my new slingshot and fired stones at the plaque, anything I could think of to shut her up. I don’t know how long I was at it. It was a blur to me, but I knew I hadn’t even made a mark.

I was hunched over the fountain, the slingshot on the floor, forgotten. I was sobbing, and just wanted to sleep. To forget. A few leaves had fallen, but aside from that the fountain was completely unharmed, like I thought it was.
“…I apologize, Casper. I should not have put you through that.” I hated her right now so much. Hated her for knowing what she did, for being so in control, for apologizing like she should, I just hated her. “Will you tell me of her?” I wanted to scream at her. Tell her to leave me alone and keep my thoughts about Anna private. I wanted to, but I couldn’t.
“Yeah, alright.” I felt defeated. Maybe she was a goddess. Not only did she see my mind and know my name, but she made me feel completely insignificant and worthless. And even with that she wanted to hear me out, and I wanted to tell her and get her approval, for whatever reason that was. “I…I’m not really sure how to start, really.” I told her, wiping my eyes clean and clearing my throat. “Well…okay, Anna was the best and worse thing to happen to me. She was loud, always trying to make her point crystal clear, and she would never just sit around when something happened that she didn’t like. She was really “out there” if you get what I mean, she was a totally weirdo, and had way too much energy for her own good. I had known her for most of my childhood as a friend, and I have no idea how I developed a crush on somebody I thought was crazy and at time obnoxious. There were lots of times I would think ‘there’s no way we’d work, she’s nuts.’, but for some reason I still crushed on her. Finally I manned up and asked her on a date, which went amazingly well…She was my girlfriend after that. Whoa, it’s weird to say that out loud. She was my girlfriend…” I stopped there to clear my throat again. “I was suddenly in love with this girl. I was seriously worried though, because she didn’t seem like the kind of person to settle down like I wanted her to. I worked up the courage to tell her, though. And again I was amazed that she felt the same way.” I turned around and sat against the well. It’s water had been flowing for a while now and made bubbly noises that seemed to smooth me. “Imagine that, she wanted to be with me too. We went on like this for two years when out of the blue she skipped town. She didn’t even say goodbye, just left a note that read ‘I’m sorry, I don’t know what I was thinking, I can’t stay with you, I can’t stand it. Please don’t try to find me.’ I felt like an idiot. Of course she didn’t want to stay with me, what did I have to offer her? I still don’t know where she went to or how she did it, but after she left I started to feel sick of everything in that town. It all reminded me of her, and I had to leave.

“That’s how I got here, I guess. It was all to escape her, but even now I think of her all the time. Is she safe? Does she think of me? Why did she leave? Was it all my fault? I want to forget her, but I can’t help but think of her, she practically ripped my heart out, or at least that’s what it feels like.” I stood up and looked at the flowing water. “Maybe it’s just stupid teen stuff, but I can’t help feel that, you know.” I waited for the goddess to say something, but she didn’t. My hatred for her had vanished, and I didn’t know what to feel about her anymore. I felt surprisingly at peace, despite having just puked all my feelings out. I started walking away from the fountain.

See you, then.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
re: "Animal Crossing Delux pt7+7.5: "Two for one, double your 'fun'"

So heart wrenching. Finally know some background over Anna. Poor Casper, having a flake of a girlfriend. A part of me doubts the whole 'goddess of the fountain' thing, since somebody could of hidden behind it to get Casper to puke his feelings out. Never heard of an expression like that before, which I found somewhat amusing. CD-Man, you worry too much, and this definitely had a more serious vibe to it. :) Oh, what if Serena is actually one of the other humans in Ellin? Would make quite the plot twist. Ah, this is such a fun and entertaining read.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
re: "Animal Crossing Delux pt7+7.5: "Two for one, double your 'fun'"

So it's Tuesday. Whoops. But hey, two updates. Whoo! You'll need context for these. I guess I was updating every few days on the forum I was in instead of once a week like I do here (that sounds exhausting, holy crap) so I decided to break the fourth wall with the first one. Then, at some point, I wrote the second one without it being "attached" to anything else later down the road and just stuck it right after this part without any notice. So just pretend the second part happens in the future at some point and we'll be back to where we left off right after.

---

I said earlier I felt at peace. That was a rather rare thing for me, and a bit of walking cleared it right up and replaced it with the usual mess of emotions that were plaguing me. Wariness about how I was suppose to pay for my house, the gross of which I still was not at all sure of. Happiness for my moving experience not being absolutely awful, confusion at how I was ever going to memorize the paths of this town, and of course the sadness that’s been with me for months now about Anna. All of them could be solved eventually, but Anna was always on my mind. Always. I felt fidgety now, I think the coffee was starting to kick in and it was going to drive me crazy. The bitter aftertaste still slugged in the back of my throat, and it would probably stay there for another few hours. I was just thinking about how much easier it would be if I had brought a bike when I swear I thought I saw the dirt in front of me move. It was more of a vertical move than a horizontal one, and I thought I saw a pebble bounce up. I was grounded to the spot just watching as a small mound began to form, as if something was boring from underground upwards. Maybe it was someone from China who dug their way here. Without warning, the small mound exploded and showered me with dirt.

“GRAAAAAAAAAAAH PUNK!” Or at least I think that’s what I heard. I might have had a mushroom in my ear that was unearthed with the dirt tidal wave.
“THINK YER GETTIN’ AWAY WITH IT, HUH? TRYING TO PLAY OL’ RESETTI AS A FOOL ARE YA? WELL THE JOKES ON YOU, PUNK I FOUND YA!” In my short time on this planet I’ve seen some scary things, but this one took the cake easily. The depths of hell is the only place this monstrosity could have come from. He was short, he was angry, he was a mole with a pickax. His fur was obviously dirt brown, and even though his overalls showed a hint of blue, they were covered with dirt as well. He wore a hard hat with a flashlight…thing inside of it like old school miners did and if I had seen him on the street in normal conditions it would have given me a chuckle. These were not normal conditions, and the last thing I wanted to do was laugh at him. “WHAT D’ YA GOTTA SAY FOR YERSELF NOW HUH? NO. RESTIN’. HOW IS THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND!” Half his body was underground, but his arms weren’t, and they were flailing around every which-way, the right one had a choke hold on the axe. I wanted to say something, to point out I had no idea what he was talking about, but I was paralyzed by fear. Actually that wasn’t it, it was just that he was screaming so loud there was no way he’d hear me. A few seconds later of incoherent yelling passed before he stopped to catch his breath. In those precious moments of silence he finally got a good look at me, and his expression changed. It was a totally blank look, he eyeballs were completely white, making me think his pupils had gone on vacation. “You ain’t who I thought you were.” he told me stupidly. All I could do was stare stupidly back. My throat felt dry, but I didn’t know if it was nerves or dirt that made it that way. The mole cleared his throat before speaking again, and when he did it was with a much more professional tone. “Alright, I know where I am now. Sorry about that, the chutes send me to different places and sometimes it doesn’t tell me where.” What in the world was he talking about? “I mistook ya for some other punk. I need to get him later today, probably when he wakes up. I wish I could just dig into his house and pop in right next to his bed. That would be the right way to do it. But HQ ain’t too fond of the idea. Don’t see why, really.” If I was lost before, than now I’m beyond saving. “Anywho, what’s yer name, punk?”
“C…C-Casper.” I managed to stutter.
“Well then Cc-Casper, I gotta ask you something. WHAT THE HECK‘S THE MATTER WITH YOU, YOU OVERGROWN MEATBAG? YOU‘VE BEEN IN THIS TOWN FOR NEARLY A DAY AND YA HAVEN‘T EVEN SEEN NOOK? I DON‘T KNOW WHO‘S PULLING THE STRINGS HERE, BUT HE‘S GOTTA GET HIS ACT TOGETHER PRONTO!” Oh my lord I want to shot myself in the face. He had somehow morphed back into his crazy screamy side in front of me, and all I could do was take the hits.
“I-I’m sorry! I had a few other things to take care of!” I cried. The emotions didn’t really feel mine, but rather some other force that needed to explain himself. “The morning coffee was a good idea, right? Then the missing cat felt good, and the heart to heart moment just kinda happened! It was a weak moment, I swear!” Hopefully that would shut him up.
“Mmm. So what are ya gonna do now, punk? The story’s kinda stuck until you make a move.” Story?
“Uh. Go see this Nook person?”

“WRONG! WHAT’S THE MATTER WITH YOU, WERE YOU EVEN LISTENING?!” I had a feeling that was going to happen. I also had a feeling that no matter what I did I was not going to make him happy. “Furthermore…YOU LEAVE FOR NEARLY A WEEK AND THIS…THIS IS WHAT THE READERS GET? YOU AIN’T NO CELEBERTY YA KNOW, READERS GET BORED QUICK, AND LEAVING FOR A LONG TIME MAKES PEOPLE FORGET.” I had enough.
“What the hell are you talking about, mole?! This is no story, there are no readers, and the talk with the well goddess only happened a few minutes ago! And how did you know were I was, are you stalking me?!” The mole gave me a “You’re too stupid to realize how stupid you are” look before saying
“Yer too stupid to realize how stupid ya are. You know that, right?”
“That’s it,” I said, marching towards him, “get out of my life.” I didn’t know how it worked, but I kicked him in his face which led to him loosing his balance, which lead to the ground giving way, which lead to him falling down the very hole he had dug. The last words I heard were:
“GO TO TOWN HALL, PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNK!”

Never in my life had I been this thankful for silence.

---
(Again, this take place a few days after the last piece)

Walking toward the door, I looked up at the sign posted above, near the roof. It read “Able Sisters.” I opened the door. Unlike Nook’s store, or City Hall, there was no artificial air inside, no “slightly colder, but still really good feeling” jets of air slapping my face. A small bell rang as the door swung, and warm air flew through me. There wasn’t a heater in the store, so I don’t know how they made it warm inside.
“Welcome to the Able Sisters!” I heard a female say, “I apologize, but it is just too late in the day for you to create your own clothes.” the blue porcupine told me. I took a quick look around before answering her. It was a little messy in here, but it all seemed organized, if that made sense. To my left was the cash register, to my right was a large box filled with material. Ahead of me was a small area where multiple shirts stood proud for the public, waiting for someone to say “Ohh, how much is this one?” Or “Wow! Can I try this one on?” Behind those were a few out-of-place accessories such as hats, glasses, weird nose coverings, and other small things. To the left of those, in the back of the store hidden from view was a sewing machine. I could see another porcupine staring at me from behind shirt designs.
“That’s okay,” I said, “I’m actually here to ask something.”
“Oh really? What would that be?” The blue porcupine asked, turning around to try to organize the box of materials. She was wearing a green plaid apron, and a small clip read “Hello! My name is Mable” on it.
“I was wondering,” I began to feel nervous. Is this how you’re supposed to ask for a job? I’ve never really done it before. “If you had any positions available? I’m in the need of a job right now, and this place looks pretty nice.” I had to stop myself from using the word “cozy” and making them think that I thought the area was too small for my liking. She stopped what she was doing and looked at me. Then she grabbed my hand and led me to the back of the store. Now, I don’t want to sound like a little kid, or anything, but I’ll admit I blushed. I honestly couldn’t remember the last time I held hands with someone, even if it was just to be pulled along somewhere. We reached the area the other porcupine was sewing, and she quickly tried to look as if she was busy. If I hadn’t seen her looking at us earlier, I probably would’ve believed her.
“Sable.” Mable said. “This person…” She looked at me again. She was going to say my name, but didn’t know it.
“Casper.” I said.
“Casper,” She repeated. “said he wants to work for us.” Sable looked at me before quickly shying away. Was it bad for me thinking it was rather cute? Probably.
“Well…” Sable said in a small voice, still looking away from me, “Are you having trouble in the shop? I’m doing fine with my sewing, and even if I was, I don’t think I have enough free time to be able to train him…” Mable thought for a few seconds.
“I don’t have any real problems manning the shop,” she said. I felt my hopes of working here plummet. I’d just have to ask Nook for a job, I guess. “But there are a lot of times when people order things, and I just can’t leave the shop to deliver them, you know?” Sable nodded, staring at a shirt design. It was a black shirt with a white circle in the middle and the number eight inside of that. Kind of like a billiard’s eight ball. “Then is it okay with you if we hire him as a delivery boy?” Oh god I hope that wasn’t the official title. What was I, twelve? Sable nodded again, still staring away from me. “Are you sure?” Mable asked. “I know you don’t like new people too much.”
“If,” Sable started, “If he’s a delivery boy, he won’t be around the shop too much, will he?” Mable shook her head and Sable nodded for the third time.
“Okay!” Mable said happily. “Casper, you are now our delivery boy!” I held my tongue about the title and let her go on. “Come back tomorrow at around ten, okay? We actually have a package someone ordered today, and it should be finished by then.”
“Alright,” I said, looking back at Sable. “Thanks for this,” I told them both. “I’ll work my hardest.” That was probably an overused line that many new employees said to their new boss, but I couldn’t think of anything better so that had to do. As Mable led me back outside, she whispered to me.
“Please don’t be offended by Sable. She’s just shy.” I hadn’t really been offended by her, but I can see how people might be. She had basically said it was okay for me to work with them as long as I didn’t actually hang out with them. That kind of sucked.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
re: Animal Crossing Delux p8: "I would say this is filler, but the whole thing feels like filler anyway"

Best. Chapter. Ever! I loved the fourth wall being broke. Seriously, this was hilarious and hysterical. Resetti getting kicked in the face totally made my day. In all of my life, I had always wanted to kick him for making me suffer his long aggravating long talks. Poor Casper got yelled at so much, but he sure does handle it like a pro. I find it amusing Resetti knows what's going on, and has the best insults to date. Honestly, I'm surprised Casper got a job working for the Able sisters. I get the impression Casper has met Nook already? Well, nothing wrong about being a delivery boy. I do feel bad for Casper for not getting to hang around the shop, since Sable is like that. Its likely he would of been a delivery boy for Nook too though.

I noticed one thing. You should have 'burrow' in the first paragraph. Thank you for updating this, CD-Man. Definitely worth the wait to read it! :D

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Animal Crossing Delux p8: "I would say this is filler, but the whole thing feels like filler anyway

Taking the advice of a madman is never a good idea. Luckily for me, I didn’t do that. I took the advice of a madmole, and there’s a slight difference between that. I’m not sure why I did what he told me to, everything he said was crazy. He said this was a story? As if. More like the life of a boring sixteen year old. Like all my other trips of the day, I needed to use my handy dandy map to find my way to town hall. The dirt beneath my feet quickly turned to concrete as I reached the door of the long bricked building. The doorknob seemed to be made of gold, but I’m pretty sure it was just painted to look that way. Artificial cold air brushed against me as I opened it, and I could hear the sound of paper being turned over along with other office like noises that included the opening and closing of drawers, the bubble of a water cooler, soft murmurs, and soft footsteps on carpet. To my left was an ABD machine, the screen’s monitor dull with boredom. On the opposite side of the building stood a long bin with the picture of a skeleton fish on it, the lid of which was green. It said recycle on it which me chuckle since it had the dead fish on it. Straight ahead of me was a desk that stretched from one end of the building to the other, and a small divider was placed up in the middle to make it seem as if it were actually two separate desks. On the floor beside one side of the divider was a small green mat with a picture of a house on it while the other side had a small red mat with a picture of an envelope. A white pelican wearing a pink dress was sitting behind the house side of the divider, but the envelope side was bare. She smiled at me as I entered--or at least I think she did. Bird beaks are hard to read.

“Welcome to Ellin Town Hall” She said. Do animals go to heaven? She had the voice of an angel. “How can I help you today?” That was a good question, and my mind went blank as I realized she was the same pelican that was at Brewster’s this morning when I suffered my burnt tongue.
“Hi. My name is Casper.” That was as good a start as any, I told myself. “I just moved in yesterday.” Before I could say anything else, she cut in.
“Oh yes. I heard we’d get a new resident this week. Did you have any trouble finding your house?” I shook my head no, wondering what would have happened if I had. Nothing too bad probably, just a night outdoors instead of a inside with a warm bed. “Wonderful. That just leaves the payment of your debt.” Crap. I was not looking forward to this part. “According to Tom Nook, the person who agreed to sell your house, the total cost comes to 19,800 bells.” That wasn’t too bad. I shouldn’t have been surprised though. Like I said before, that house is tiny. The size of my old room, but with a bathroom and attic. “Of course,” she went on, “you aren’t required to pay it all off right now. You can take your time, however after a month with no payments, the price will increase by a small amount. Do you understand?” I nodded this time, and she passed me a sheet of paper on a pad along with a pen. It was a contract for my new house. I read over it and it all checked out, so I signed on the dotted line, above another signature reading “TOM NOOK” before handing it back to her. “Okay, you’re all set. If you have any questions or concerns please do not be afraid to come here and ask me or my sister who works the nightshift. Oh, and it would be a smart idea to visit Tom Nook himself in his shop. He is, after all, your landlord.” For some reason, I really didn’t want to meet the guy. She was right though, it would be pretty stupid of me not to at least contact him and tell him I was living in his house. I was making my way back to the door when a cough stopped me. It wasn’t just a cough, it was a cough, plus the sound of footsteps, and the soft creaking of wood. Turning around, I saw an ancient turtle on my side of the desk who probably had come from the other side first. He eyed me suspiciously and asked in a demanding voice:
“Where did you live before you moved here, lad?”

I couldn’t help it. Memories of Anna’s ever parentless house came rushing toward me and splashed against my brain like an ocean against wave breakers during a level two hurricane. I remembered how we always stayed in the living room, sitting upside down on the couch to watch television. How, no matter how hard I tried, I could never beat her score in Space Invaders. How when we got hungry she would lead us to her kitchen and make me cook macaroni and cheese while she made a smoothie from peaches, cherries, and milk. How in the middle of the night, instead of crawling into bed we would just fall asleep on the living room floor with the T.V. turned on, even though there was never anything good to watch that late at night, with nothing to protect us from the cold except the soft bed sheet she kept on the couch and our own body warmth. How when it rained she would always run outside with nothing but her dress to enjoy the wet drips falling from heaven, and how when loud thunder was heard she would rush back inside and hug me, as if I could protect her from 1.21 gigawatts of pure electricity. But I’ll be damned if at those times I felt like I couldn’t. I realized how much of a sap I really am for betraying myself yet again with thoughts of her.

I didn’t answer him. I was lost in a sea of memories and it was all I could do to hold back tears from forming in my eyes. I hadn’t noticed it, but he was nodding his head wisely.
“I haven’t met many folks who don’t want to answer that question.” He told me softly. “The only reason people should move away from their parents are for a job, or if they marry someone. Those were the ideas from my generation. I know times change, and that people set off for any reason they think it necessary, but honestly you need to ask yourself if it is worth it.” I looked up at him. Or rather, down at him. He was pretty short.
“Who are you?” I asked him, not unkindly.
“I’m the mayor of Ellin, Tortimer .” Of course, I remember reading about a decrepit tortoise being the mayor of this town. Why didn’t I see it sooner? “Listen, sport,” he went on, “I don’t know your story. I honestly don’t want to. Too many people, too many stories, not nearly enough time for an old timer like me to go through them. But I will say that if you left home just to run away from a problem, you are not helping yourself and will eventually need to come with terms with whatever it was you left behind. Do you understand?”
I avoided his gaze, and instead stared to the left at the ABD machine. “PLEASE INSERT CARD.” was written out on the black screen to anyone who would be willing to read it.
“Yeah…I understand.”

“Good.” He turned around and began walking to the little aisle that allowed him to return to the back of Pelly’s desk. “Don’t forget to vote for me in the next election, sprout! HehhehHORF!”
I hope that was a laugh, and not him coughing up his liver.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Re: Animal Crossing Delux p8: "I would say this is filler, but the whole thing feels like filler any

Tortimer is a nice turtle. I like the advice he gave Casper. I kind of wonder if, running away from his problem will actually bring him right to it? It'd be a big coincidence if things worked out like that. Oh Casper, don't be fooled by the amount of bells. Tom Nook will rob you blind, if he could. I really like the backstory, it's kind of sweet and sad at the same time. I enjoyed reading this chapter a lot. Sure, it may be filler, but it's worth to read! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back