• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

any good psp games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

~Gunther~

Website
www.marriland.com
MegaManPU.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3

Funkrush

If you don't mind importing and playing Japanese games, I would highly recommend Tales of Destiny 2 and Tales of Rebirth. You can also import Tales of Eternia; known as Tales of Destiny 2 in the USA, which is in full English.

G

GATTAI

Only good games mentioned in here were:

Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (I bet you that no matter how much you play this game, you will never be able to beat it)
Castlevania: DXV (If you don't have this game, I should kick you in the teeth multiple times)

G

GATTAI

the monster hunter games where respecteble at best.
Monster Hunter sales and popularity in Japan says otherwise. It's one of the best selling game series in Japan, almost on par with the popularity that Pokemon has. Plus, a game where the average player clocks in at least (as in minimum) 300 hours into it offline isn't something you would call respectable. That's something you would call great.

People who say "it's respectable" or "it's a shitty game" and have played it suck at it and can't handle the steep learning curve. Have fun playing your shitty RPG's and FPS games.

raj

fighting shadows with my evoker. go izanagi GO!!
Monster Hunter sales and popularity in Japan says otherwise. It's one of the best selling game series in Japan, almost on par with the popularity that Pokemon has.

People who say "it's respectable" or "it's a shitty game" and have played it suck at it and can't handle the steep learning curve. Have fun playing your shitty RPG's and FPS games.
popularity does not show how good a game is.

G

GATTAI

Yes it does, especially when every player of the series clocks in 300 hours minimum into the game. That shows a lot.

G

GATTAI

I never said they were bad, I just said they weren't good. Not being 'good'' can mean "ok", "fun but not my cup of tea", "decent", etc.

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
Yes it does, especially when every player of the series clocks in 300 hours minimum into the game. That shows a lot.

No, it doesn't. Popularity is nowhere near of saying how good a game is. How good a game is, it's up to each people opinion. You can love this game, but I could find it horrible, for example.

G

GATTAI

No, it doesn't. Popularity is nowhere near of saying how good a game is. How good a game is, it's up to each people opinion. You can love this game, but I could find it horrible, for example.
The word "good" in the context of popularity doesn't apply to individual bias. Sure, my first post was, but when you mention it's popularity and the number of people who enjoy it, it stops focusing on whether I like it or not, but rather how many people do like it.

For example, Pokemon is a game that many people consider good, and as it stands, it's also extremely popular. It doesn't matter if I dislike it or you dislike it, but due to the sheer size of people who support the franchise, it's good.

Another example is Halo. Despite what most of you faggots say, it's actually a decent console FPS (the only reason most of you say is sucks is due to the shitty fanbase that it has, which is the same case with FFVII). Halo is not a bad game, and it's good. A lot of people like it, and because of that number of fans, it will still be considered to be a good game.

We also have the previously mentioned FFVII. Sure, the fanbase is a bunch of retarded dipshits, but it doesn't mean it's a horrible game. Most people jump the bandwagon and start calling it shit despite the fact that they probably enjoyed it when they were playing. FFVII was a great game, and FF is a great series. Oh guess what, it's popular.

Same goes for games such as:
- Starcraft
- Diablo
- Counter Strike
- Half-life
- Team Fortress
- Kingdom Hearts (albiet KH2 being a step down from KH, KH was still an enjoyable game)
- Street Fighter
- Soul Calibur
- Tekken
- Ninja Gaiden
- Devil May Cry
- God of War
- GTA

A good game becomes popular by word of mouth, such as how Monster Hunter Portable (2nd/G) became popular in Japan. If it wasn't a good game, it wouldn't be the only PSP game franchise to ever hit a Platinum rank.

Not to say that unpopular games aren't good (See: Okami, God Hand), but the quality of a game is usually directly linked to its popularity.

----------------------

@JH - I counter your google with Gamefaqs.com
PSP Cheats, Reviews, FAQs, Message Boards, and More - GameFAQs

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
The word "good" in the context of popularity doesn't apply to individual bias. Sure, my first post was, but when you mention it's popularity and the number of people who enjoy it, it stops focusing on whether I like it or not, but rather how many people do like it.

For example, Pokemon is a game that many people consider good, and as it stands, it's also extremely popular. It doesn't matter if I dislike it or you dislike it, but due to the sheer size of people who support the franchise, it's good.

In the 30s, Hitler was very popular and most people in Germany were nearly worshiping him, which following your reasoning is the proof of how Good Hitler was.

Let's replace Pokemon with Hitler :
"For example, Hitler is a person that many people considered good, and as he stood, he was extremely popular. It doesn't matter if I dislike it or if you dislike it, but due to the sheer size of people who supports his views, he is good."

I think you now understand why what most people consider good is not forcefully what is really good.

We also have the previously mentioned FFVII. Sure, the fanbase is a bunch of retarded dipshits, but it doesn't mean it's a horrible game. Most people jump the bandwagon and start calling it shit despite the fact that they probably enjoyed it when they were playing. FFVII was a great game, and FF is a great series. Oh guess what, it's popular.

I didn't say that everything popular is not good. I merely pointed out that good =/= popular.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I suggest Medal of Honor Heroes 2 for the online play. It's pretty sweet, except for the fact that theres's a few glitches and TONS of hackers.
A few more are:
Final Fantasy Tactics
Daxter
(The upcoming) Final Fantasy Dissidia
Patapon
Those are just a few.

G

GATTAI

Hitler was a great leader, what the fuck are you talking about? He overthrew the already existing government and created a dictatorship where he single handedly brought Germany out of the depression and made it thrive. He was charismatic and was loved by all those in Germany.

Yes, he was a good leader. Although his actions afterward were notorious and cruel, to say he wasn't a good leader is complete bullshit. He even convinced an entire country to follow his beliefs. Sure that's pretty "what the fuck is wrong with this guy", but that's some damn good leadership.

I didn't say that everything popular is not good. I merely pointed out that good =/= popular.
I see you have a habit of selectively reading the parts you want to read and ignoring the parts that you want too, because you obviously didn`t see this:
Not to say that unpopular games aren't good (See: Okami, God Hand), but the quality of a game is usually directly linked to its popularity.
I never said games that the only good games in existance are popular did I? I just said that when games are popular, it means they're good.

Jeez you people need to learn how to fucking read.

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
Hitler was a great leader, what the fuck are you talking about? He overthrew the already existing government and created a dictatorship where he single handedly brought Germany out of the depression and made it thrive. He was charismatic and was loved by all those in Germany.

Yes, he was a good leader. Although his actions afterward were notorious and cruel, to say he wasn't a good leader is complete bullshit. He even convinced an entire country to follow his beliefs. Sure that's pretty "what the fuck is wrong with this guy", but that's some damn good leadership.

This is not the thread to speak about it, but there's so much I could say as to why he is in any point good.
In short, not only it is obvious that when I was speaking of good I was speaking of the person in general, and yes, Hitler is not a good person, and also, I'd have a lot more respect for a leader who can handle a depression in another way than preparing a war.

I see you have a habit of selectively reading the parts you want to read and ignoring the parts that you want too, because you obviously didn`t see this:I never said games that the only good games in existance are popular did I? I just said that when games are popular, it means they're good.

Jeez you people need to learn how to fucking read.

And you, learn to read the answer, since I never said you said the only good game are the populars one, yet you said all the popular one are good, which I strongly disagree with.

G

GATTAI

This is not the thread to speak about it, but there's so much I could say as to why he is in any point good.
Then don't bring him up you dumb fucking idiot.

And you, learn to read the answer, since I never said you said the only good game are the populars one, yet you said all the popular one are good, which I strongly disagree with.
The point you're trying to make in your defense is that good games =/= popular. I acknowledged that with the last portion of my post:
I also never said all popular games are good. I said usually, which is the key word here. Something that's usually is not always, or in other words, MOST popular game franchises are good.

You can go shove a stick up your ass and prairie dog it now. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back