• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone else dislike...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoecho6

Awards
Really the more I think about it the more I get disappointed about it. They're bringing everything special mechanic from almost every game, but yet it seems that they're not bringing Drives back, one of the things I liked about the KH gameplay the most. There's already enough options that Drives aren't really necessary, but it'd be sensible to have it have relevance since there so much to do with it.

Like his Anti-Form. Basically showing Sora's Darkness and all it's power. It's defense and endurance is horrendous for Sora having so little Darkness is what I speculate. Also how he could control his Darkness while in that form.

But if what I think will happen become true then at least give me some justification on why his Drive clothes has to go.

Really everyone basically said why things aren't perfect with the games and the forums but really it'd feel like Goku giving up his Super Saiyan states for a transformation that makes him look more handsome.

This is kind of how I felt. Especially since all the mechanics they are adding are from the "spinoffs", but we have yet to see any from the main title games. Summons atleast are confirmed to return but they are said to be "different" so we'll see what that means..

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Let's complain about stuff that annoys us instead of trying to change it! Yay!
Seriously, Square Enix and the Kingdom Hearts series has never failed to disappoint us in the last year(s). Even this year, people were staying awake thrilled for the D23 in November, and then? Bullshit, we got nothing.
Of course it's mostly negativity, because we don't get much good stuff. Accept it or try to lighten up the mood. :/

Wonderful

Awards
uh well the command menu and all that entails is clearly a mechanic from the main title games.

the truth is, there isn't much to the main title games in terms of mechanics. like the reason they are pulling from the spin offs is because the spin offs allowed them to experiment with all of these new ideas. the console titles didn't have that level of experimentation so they have little to pull from. you have the command menu, summons, drive forms and reaction commands. they got rid of the reaction commands because they were poorly received. the command menu and summons are still in. drive forms are out, likely partly because of story (ventus' heart being returned) and also because the new keyblade transformations are a similar concept with even more variety.

like what else are they supposed to be pulling from past console titles

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Really the more I think about it the more I get disappointed about it. They're bringing everything special mechanic from almost every game, but yet it seems that they're not bringing Drives back, one of the things I liked about the KH gameplay the most. There's already enough options that Drives aren't really necessary, but it'd be sensible to have it have relevance since there so much to do with it.

Like his Anti-Form. Basically showing Sora's Darkness and all it's power. It's defense and endurance is horrendous for Sora having so little Darkness is what I speculate. Also how he could control his Darkness while in that form.

But if what I think will happen become true then at least give me some justification on why his Drive clothes has to go.

Really everyone basically said why things aren't perfect with the games and the forums but really it'd feel like Goku giving up his Super Saiyan states for a transformation that makes him look more handsome.

I mean, Sora was shown going into Wisdom Form at the burbank event last year, so don't get upset just yet?

(though I wouldn't mind if they are totally removed in the end product)

Vulpeus1041

I hope that the kh menu things from kh 2 come back, I liked that they were different from level to level. I don't understand why they didn't show one, still in development I guess

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I hope that the kh menu things from kh 2 come back, I liked that they were different from level to level. I don't understand why they didn't show one, still in development I guess

Menus are rarely shown in trailers (read:never) and typically get shown off mid to late development cycle since that tends to be under construction for most of the game's development. We probably won't know what it will look like until we start getting solid system/gameplay details.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I just know that chances are, when 2.8 and III are released, I'll probably love whatever's in them. I might just have very low standards, or I haven't been in this long enough to be burned out, but in any case, I've enjoyed every installment thus far (well okay, Re:CoM's gameplay was painfully tedious at times, but the story was great!). Yes, I even liked Days a lot. And I still do, despite being very aware of its flaws.

Being around here has been an odd experience for me, tbh. In real life, I'm a huge pessimist. It sometimes drives the people around me crazy. But around here, and the internet in general, I sometimes feel like I'm the only one who views anything favorably or hasn't given up on the future of the franchise. :I

Vulpeus1041

I just know that chances are, when 2.8 and III are released, I'll probably love whatever's in them. I might just have very low standards, or I haven't been in this long enough to be burned out, but in any case, I've enjoyed every installment thus far (well okay, Re:CoM's gameplay was painfully tedious at times, but the story was great!). Yes, I even liked Days a lot. And I still do, despite being very aware of its flaws.

Being around here has been an odd experience for me, tbh. In real life, I'm a huge pessimist. It sometimes drives the people around me crazy. But around here, and the internet in general, I sometimes feel like I'm the only one who views anything favorably or hasn't given up on the future of the franchise. :I

Irl we are all pessimists, nobody I knows kh our talks about it like we do, that's why I joined, I love the theories and also I wish the creative side would be more active, I'm not giving up on this series, the end is so close!

The Rocky Shoe

uh well the command menu and all that entails is clearly a mechanic from the main title games.

the truth is, there isn't much to the main title games in terms of mechanics. like the reason they are pulling from the spin offs is because the spin offs allowed them to experiment with all of these new ideas. the console titles didn't have that level of experimentation so they have little to pull from. you have the command menu, summons, drive forms and reaction commands. they got rid of the reaction commands because they were poorly received. the command menu and summons are still in. drive forms are out, likely partly because of story (ventus' heart being returned) and also because the new keyblade transformations are a similar concept with even more variety.

like what else are they supposed to be pulling from past console titles
Ventus' heart only gives Sora a second Keyblade. His Drives solely come from his clothes. When Ventus gets restored he'll still have all his Drives, but will lack the ability to Synch Blade.

I mean, Sora was shown going into Wisdom Form at the burbank event last year, so don't get upset just yet?

(though I wouldn't mind if they are totally removed in the end product)
Really? Can you provide a video? Because that'd be great.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
The Burbank event was, infamously, a private event behind closed doors. That footage will never see the light of day.

The Rocky Shoe

The Burbank event was, infamously, a private event behind closed doors. That footage will never see the light of day.
Another one of those? Ugh. Wished they stop those things. It's not really productive.

And to even out my negativity I liked basically everything in the KH3 portion of the D23 trailer. I hope Nomura fully relies the potential with Flowmotion in KH3. Also The worlds look grand. I was just as amazed as Sora was when seeing that tower. Also like how there's many forms of Aero. Wish they also bring back Aero defense. And Stop and Gravity. Basically I want every basic Magic from every games. Maybe more.

I wonder if there's any other stronger variation of other Heartless that'll show up in KH3, like possibly a Angel Star that looks and becomes more majestic and powerful with a powerful combo or a major loss of health. Also hoping to see way more powerful Heartless that leaked through the RoD.

Wonderful

Awards
Ventus' heart only gives Sora a second Keyblade. His Drives solely come from his clothes. When Ventus gets restored he'll still have all his Drives, but will lack the ability to Synch Blade.
Yeah I'm aware, but seeing as how dual wielding is a key part of 3/5 drive forms, and dual wielding is what most people like about drive forms in the first place I figure most people wouldn't be as into it with nerf'd forms. Then again, who knows.

The Rocky Shoe

Yeah I'm aware, but seeing as how dual wielding is a key part of 3/5 drive forms, and dual wielding is what most people like about drive forms in the first place I figure most people wouldn't be as into it with nerf'd forms. Then again, who knows.
Yea. It would feel the same. But it would be fun if Sora could turn his Keyblade into two swords as he's able to turn his Keyblade into 2 guns, which becomes one cannon.

Vulpeus1041

I think they should not necessarily replace the drive forms, but add things like, going into armour form, I hated that in khbbs you could only use your armor in that waste of time mirage arena

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Always had the mindset that the armors should have amped up TAV's capabilities similar to drive forms.Besides protecting from darkness it was pretty useless,at the least it should have gave TAV more defensive abilities.It was like they weren't wearing anything at all when facing MX.

At least then i could understand why some people want Sora to have one.

Vulpeus1041

Always had the mindset that the armors should have amped up TAV's capabilities similar to drive forms.Besides protecting from darkness it was pretty useless,at the least it should have gave TAV more defensive abilities.

why? the armour doesn't do anything lol.

And changing clothing colors didnt either right

YoungXehanort

Website
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com
Always had the mindset that the armors should have amped up TAV's capabilities similar to drive forms.Besides protecting from darkness it was pretty useless,at the least it should have gave TAV more defensive abilities.It was like they weren't wearing anything at all when facing MX.

the armor protects them from darkness only not from attacks it protected the characters when they travel to other worlds cause the realm in between is field with darkness well that's what i heard and remember that MX got into terra's body cause terra was slow to activate the armor

Anagram

Banned
Man coming back to this thread after I got time gives the feel it's for complaining about fans that choose not to ignore flaws. Everyone is entitled to the right though.... (especially when some are just douches that complain about story to whine rather than explain why they dislike it)

I've done my fair share of theorycrafting and speculation. Truth is, when you've been with a series for as long as a lot of people have been with Kingdom Hearts you just eventually become a bit jaded. You're still here because you still like the series but you start to see its ridiculously glaring flaws.

Years and months at a time with little to no information also doesn't help fans keep interest in the convoluted story (cue "it's not convoluted you just don't understand it!!" responses). Because let's be honest, I cannot give the slightest shit about whatever these "Lost Masters" and spooky books are.

Theorycrafters and intelligent posters are burned out, at least a lot of the decent ones. That's my take on it. Besides, shitposting is pretty fun.
This person understands. T__T *can'tsayIagreewithshitpostingthough*

The flaws and direction it's taken just aren't fun to theorize or discuss anymore. Gameplay too has been incredibly boring for me since the deck system. Gameplay is a huge matter of preference though no matter how a person will try to argue it.

I think it should be fair to note, again (not sure if I said it earlier was in a rush), is that at least this site is mostly respectful thanks to the hard work of some among the staff. People actually have a discussion about why they like or dislike something. Unlike other places were it's just someone saying "this sucks" then about ten butthurt fanboys rushing in attacking said person.

The stark truth is most of the fans that still love this series are the newer one's a DS game brought in or a remix brought in. With some that just like it despite the flaws, while acknowledging them, thrown in there. Then of course you have the blinded fans but I know not of any that exist on this site.

I still love the first game. Flawed yes but it had a charming feel the series has severely lost with time and unnecessary (or maybe poorly used?) convolution. And yes kids it IS convoluted. Not impossible to understand convoluted but convoluted in the sense that many things are unnecessary or could be done way simpler with actual lore established. (the lore being scattered everywhere also hurts it)

Like Scott Cawthon of Five Nights At Freddy fame recently said
The truth is that after a while lore can become so dense that there isn't room for a story anymore. Another truth is that what makes for a good game doesn't necessarily make for a good book. Sometimes a timeline gets so full that the only way to tell a real story is have the story set in a different timeline, alternate universe, a different location or perhaps from a vantage point that isn't entirely what it appears to be.

That's all this story is now. More plot driven lore than story. Originally it was the opposite. A character driven story with enough lore to give it frame.

the armor protects them from darkness only not from attacks it protected the characters when they travel to other worlds cause the realm in between is field with darkness well that's what i heard and remember that MX got into terra's body cause terra was slow to activate the armor
Except that's all it really did. In a battle of keyblade wielders the armor helped little, didn't even protect Terra from Xehanorts heart AND with the advent of gummi ships the armor is all but superfluous. To give it to anyone other than TAV serves no purpose other than that the person just wants said character to have it because TAV does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back