• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Are all these spin-offs necessary?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

~monochrome~

Seriously?
SE is taking our money and making another piece of crap like the FFVII compilation with all these
spin-offs. I don't think alot of these are necessary, like what Roxas went through and whatever...
It's just a cheap tactic to me.

thoughts?

T

tazztig

Well like Jump Fest said. It's all aboout the money, and I don't really pay attention to FF.>

Last edited:

Sora-keyblade

I live in the dark the dark lives in the shadows a
actually they are necessary because alot of people enjoy the games and the staff not only make the games for money but for fun and for the joy of seeing people happy playing the game they helped make and also all these give a bonus to the kh3 story line thats all i have to say

~monochrome~

A bonus?
A bonus... seriously? You already know what's going to happen, and most of those characters never appear again.
You'd rather play that than III?

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
Technically they aren't. Someone can play KH1 and KH2 but not CoM, and still follow the story.
Now, if you don't play the CoM spin off, you'll have some elements missing and won't understand some plot twist as why Riku had Ansem's appearance in KH2.

It's the same with those three spin off. You'll be able to play and understand KH3 that you played them or not. But it's possible that you go "WTF?" if in the middle of the game Xehanort transform into MX or if the 14th member ask to Mickey how he goes since last time she saw him. Just sample of possibility.

If you're a hard core KH fan, those game are necessary. If you play KH like any other game, they aren't.

A

Audo

First off, they are side-games and not spin-offs.
And yes, they are necessary.
I'm just going to quote the ultra-amazing SufferingAngel to explain why:
There are no 'little side games' in KH. There're only two types of games -
Numbered Titles which tell Sora's story directly,
and
Support Titles - necessary to understand the story, but don't feature Sora as the main character.

BBS - TAV.
Coded - A digital Sora and Mickey, telling Mickey and Riku's stories during KH1.
Days - Roxas and the Organization's story.

CoM - Namine and Riku.

Besides, this isn't like the Mobile game that Disney released without Square's involvement. This was announced by Nomura XD; I doubt we can ignore this.

And, also, no one is telling you that you have to buy them.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
For starters - Riku-Keyblade quoted me. Go read and wisen up.

A bonus?
A bonus... seriously? You already know what's going to happen, and most of those characters never appear again.
You'd rather play that than III?

Ah, but good luck understanding KH3 without Days, BBS and Coded.
Personally, when I look at KH2 with CoM, I find the plot severly lacking, and that's with me yes knowing about the Organization before hand and what they generally wanted to do and what they were.
I don't want to think what would've happened had I not played CoM.
KH3 without Coded, Days and BBS = one big huge repeat of Sora running around without us knowing why and then shouting at him for being a jerk and a stupid one at that because we don't know nothing about the Organization - which, lo and behold, is the whole story in Days!!! - making it vital.
Personally, I can do without more plot holes and curiosities, thank you very much.

Technically they aren't. Someone can play KH1 and KH2 but not CoM, and still follow the story.

That's because
1) CoM was loosely linked to KH2, which is a bad thing.
2) We didn't really get to see the plot. We saw Sora fighting off Heartless instead of the Nobodies.
It doesn't mean that CoM isn't needed; it just means KH2 failed.

Now, if you don't play the CoM spin off, you'll have some elements missing and won't understand some plot twist as why Riku had Ansem's appearance in KH2.

You still won't understand that as it's told only after CoM, but seeing how CoM was effectively Riku's whole story and character development and the somewhat conclusion to his dilemma, it is as vital a game to play for Riku's character as the novels are to read if one is to understand KH2's true plot.

It's the same with those three spin off.

Let's get some things clear - None of these games are spin offs.
A spin off would be Kairi getting a Keyblade and setting off on her own journey without relevance to the current plot.
If anything, the spinoff will be KH3 to these three games. But he's not.

You'll be able to play and understand KH3 that you played them or not.

I highly doubt that, and you have neither the right nor the ability to say that before you played even one of those games, let alone all three of them and then saw how those affect KH3.

But it's possible that you go "WTF?" if in the middle of the game Xehanort transform into MX or if the 14th member ask to Mickey how he goes since last time she saw him. Just sample of possibility.

And that, my friend, would be needing those three so called 'useless spinoffs' if you are to understand.
Play KH1, play KH2, and you'll forever more wonder as to how Riku got from one to another.
Seeing how his character development is half the plot the story has to offer, CoM is a must, even more so such plot events as you described.

If you're a hard core KH fan, those game are necessary. If you play KH like any other game, they aren't.

I'll correct -

If you give a rat's @$$ about the plot and the characters, you'll play these games.
If you play the games to go ooooooooooh, Sora's shinyyyyyyyyyy, then I suggest you go play some platform games and spare yourself the grief of complaining over so many consoles and games and what not.
While it is splendid KH offers us amazing gameplay, what is the heart and soul of Kingdom Hearts are the plot, the characters, and how it all gets mixed together into one wonderful burst of colorful dancing pixels.
I admit, they could've released a bunch of novels. That, however, would've reduced from the charm, seeing how KH is a series of games and the gameplay is a crucial part of the atmosphere in the games - as Nomura makes quite clear with him repeatedly stressing how they're doing their best to maintain the same air and gameplay structure despite it being now on multiple consoles.

Yes, it's for money; however, I'll take an extra SE game for a series I liked over a sequal for a Hollywood movie any day - chances are higher I'll get my money's worth and then a whoooooole lot more

Last edited:

Sora-keyblade

I live in the dark the dark lives in the shadows a
For starters - Riku-Keyblade quoted me. Go read and wisen up.

Ah, but good luck understanding KH3 without Days, BBS and Coded.
Personally, when I look at KH2 with CoM, I find the plot severly lacking, and that's with me yes knowing about the Organization before hand and what they generally wanted to do and what they were.
KH3 without Coded, Days and BBS = one big huge repeat of Sora running around without us knowing why and then shouting at him for being a jerk and a stupid one at that.
I could do without that, thank you very much.

That's because
1) CoM was loosely linked to KH2, which is a bad thing.
2) We didn't really get to see the plot. We saw Sora fighting off Heartless instead of the Nobodies.
It doesn't mean that CoM isn't needed; it just means KH2 failed.

You still won't understand that as it's told only after CoM, but seeing how CoM was effectively Riku's whole story and character development and the somewhat conclusion to his dilemma, it is as vital a game to play for Riku's character as the novels are to read if one is to understand KH2's true plot.

Let's get some things clear - None of these games are spin offs.
A spin off would be Kairi getting a Keyblade and setting off on her own journey without relevance to the current plot.
If anything, the spinoff will be KH3 to these three games. But he's not.

I highly doubt that, and you have neither the right nor the ability to say that before you played even one of those games, let alone all three of them and then saw how those affect KH3.

And that, my friend, would be needing those three so called 'useless spinoffs' if you are to understand.
Play KH1, play KH2, and you'll forever more wonder as to how Riku got from one to another.
Seeing how his character development is half the plot the story has to offer, CoM is a must, even more so such plot events as you described.

I'll correct -

If you give a rat's @$$ about the plot and the characters, you'll play these games.
If you play the games to go ooooooooooh, Sora's shinyyyyyyyyyy, then I suggest you go play some platform games and spare yourself the grief of complaining over so many consoles and games and what not.
While it is splendid KH offers us amazing gameplay, what is the heart and soul of Kingdom Hearts are the plot, the characters, and how it all gets mixed together into one wonderful burst of colorful dancing pixels.
I admit, they could've released a bunch of novels. That, however, would've reduced from the charm, seeing how KH is a series of games and the gameplay is a crucial part of the atmosphere in the games - as Nomura makes quite clear with him repeatedly stressing how they're doing their best to maintain the same air and gameplay structure despite it being now on multiple consoles.

Yes, it's for money; however, I'll take an extra SE game for a series I liked over a sequal for a Hollywood movie any day - chances are higher I'll get my money's worth and then a whoooooole lot more

im speachless you just proved that they are necessary thank you
:cry:

yugi300

Well actually I agree with RK the games are not spinoffs but side fillers for gaps in the KH story that Nomura wasn't too clear on it seams that if you want to not waste all your cash if you got a PSP get BBS for that KH feal and Coded seems to have it as well the DS one seams a little CoM like even if it's not nesacarilly a card system so yeah we have the "Internet" to fill us in and if you have the platform get the game based on convinece if none wait for the big KH3 to come and interwebs read on info to catch up and Nomura may fill KH3 with some recaping like in KH2 before the story progresses any further!

Rix

:)
Awards
Well.. The spin-offs can clear up some things that hasn't been cleared up in the main series yet... On another hand they can also make more confusion.

But yeah.. Money plays a big part in all of this..

yugi300

Yes money does play a part but he has a point you really could let these hardcore gamers help fill us in online without wasting money and being caught up play KH3 or the next game(s) to follow. It's a posibility a spinoff of the series could happen but ultimatelly Sora's story would have to be told first I think I heard something like that by Tetsuya Nomura himself in an interview maybe with Famitsu?!Hmm.

T

tazztig

Well actually I agree with RK the games are not spinoffs but side fillers for gaps in the KH story that Nomura wasn't too clear on it seams that if you want to not waste all your cash if you got a PSP get BBS for that KH feal and Coded seems to have it as well the DS one seams a little CoM like even if it's not nesacarilly a card system so yeah we have the "Internet" to fill us in and if you have the platform get the game based on convinece if none wait for the big KH3 to come and interwebs read on info to catch up and Nomura may fill KH3 with some recaping like in KH2 before the story progresses any further!

You basicly repeated the same thing, but in your own words.>^^.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
im speachless you just proved that they are necessary thank you
:cry:

I just stated facts.

First of all, grammar please. My eyes bleed.
Second, they are not side fillers.
Seeing how they are not directly connected to Sora's story, or rather - aren't stories in which Sora is playing the active role, they had no place to be told thus far.
Fillers on a more general definition are stories to fill in time - they're not needed.
Fillers don't fill in plot holes. Anything that contributes like that to the plot, by definition - is not a filler.

Yes money does play a part but he has a point you really could let these hardcore gamers help fill us in online without wasting money and being caught up play KH3 or the next game(s) to follow.

That won't make them hardcore, that would make you beneath softcore.
And I wish, personally, I could make a living off of the stuff I like, especially if me releasing a game means lots of other people enjoying it.

It's a posibility a spinoff of the series could happen but ultimatelly Sora's story would have to be told first I think I heard something like that by Tetsuya Nomura himself in an interview maybe with Famitsu?!Hmm.

Nomura said, about Kingdom Hearts - that it is, effectively, Sora's story. That's why only KH1 and KH2 are numbered - because those are the chapters in Sora's Story. Anything else is necessary, but is placed under a different "category".
More so than it being the story to be told first, it will be the story to be told last, seeing how once Sora's story ends - so does the story of the Kingdom Hearts game series.

T

tazztig

I agree with SA, basicly they need the money to work on new project's that is why we buy the game's.^^.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Nomura said, about Kingdom Hearts - that it is, effectively, Sora's story. That's why only KH1 and KH2 are numbered - because those are the chapters in Sora's Story. Anything else is necessary, but is placed under a different "category".

Why isn't CoM numbered, then, by that logic? It's as much a part of Sora's story as KH1 and KH2 were.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
I hate when companies make side installments on various platforms. It's make more sense to put all your time and effort into a single, well polished product rather than smaller installments. Honestly it makes the series much less attractive to me.

Bliip

Should change his username D:<
Thank you so much SA and R-K, for taking time out of your busy schedules to straighten out the haters. u pretty much stated it all, i dont think i could add anymore if i tried, arigatou :toungesmile:

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
I've never played most FF games so far, so I wouldn't really know. I don't really mind the FFVII spin-off, because I like FFVII series so far and I'm still finishing Dirge of Cerberus (would it kill me to tell you I'm sorta of a late gamer?). And money can play a big part in this. I don't care as long as the games they make are worth playing. At least for me, I would spend the money if I wanted the game or am interested in the game.

A

Audo

Thank you so much SA and R-K, for taking time out of your busy schedules to straighten out the haters. u pretty much stated it all, i dont think i could add anymore if i tried, arigatou :toungesmile:
Oh please, don't credit me. It was all the amazing SA's work. Bow down to her!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back