• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Banned Australian Poledancing Ad

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think that this ad should be banned?

• Yes

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Dont really care..

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Athletics Legend

*The Future Athlete*
Well, some parents complained about this ad to the TV Watchdog...they said that their kids were being exposed to sexual behaviour..especially how a kind mum is really just a pole dancer..lol

YouTube - Nando-Fix Gum

I agree, i dont think this appropriate especially when small kids are watching...:toungesmile:

Do you agree on this decision or not?

Awards
I thought it was humorous, though, it was bound to get banned eventually. I think it would've been more appropriate to just restrict the showing times for the ad, rather than banning it altogether.

Can't say I'm surprised, though. Duller things have been removed. That Bank SA ad where the man sweeping outside his store trips the guy in the bunny suit was taken off for a period of time, then put back on with part of the ad removed. Censorship is stupid like that.

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
i think the problem only happened due to the herald sun newspaper reporting on it (comparing how a mcdonalds add with aliens was banned yet originally the pole dancing add wasn't by the same committee) , once the media attack something like this, usually they get their way due to pressure

but at the same time, i kinda agree, maybe if she was wearing a bra it would be ok for kids, but she's topless so not really (even if u can't see anything)

Last edited:

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
GASP! That's like 3 Earths! Astonishing. Take it down.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
thats hilarious i cant believe someone actually had the balls to make a gum commercial using the stripper idea hahahahahaha
Oh well it doesnt matter if its banned or not i mean you can go to a mall or something and see a teenage girl dressed almost like that but ust with a top. The fact is the company was using the great policy of SEX SELLS. It mostly likely worked for a bit too

Spic Steve

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOL
Awards
I hate censorship. Just cause some people are [...].

Last edited by a moderator:

Athletics Legend

*The Future Athlete*
The facted that they banned it raised more awareness of the gum..really, i didnt know anything about the gum brand before they banned it..

So much for banning it, every kid now knows there is some possibility of your mum being a pole dancer...

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I would hardly say that.

Our ratings system is far more lenient than yours. I've seen movies rated R over there hit an M rating here or even an MA. And if I recall correctly we even had a movie rated PG that was rated R over there.
When it comes to video games, we just don't have have an R rating. If something goes over an MA it can't be classified and thus banned. That I believe is stupid and I'm hoping it's appealed soon.

As for the ad, come on. All of us can agree that this isn't really appropriate as an AD. Yeah, it's hot but I'm surprised it got a run as long as it did before getting taken down. It's been going for about three months or so.

Ryu

an obscene gesture
It should've probably been banned sooner for being so lame.

I've heard of some weird ad-bannings in Australia before, but the same goes for basically every country. It only takes a few people to get uptight about an ad or game or whatever to get it banned, no matter where it gets aired.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
Ryu said:
It should've probably been banned sooner for being so lame.
True.

The advert didn't need to contain pole dancing just to discredit use of a craving patch. It was a pathetic attempt to shove something sexual into an advert, regardless of whether it was remotely logical or not. That, and the fact she goes from taking about her "client" to her "family" in 2 secs, just makes it rather humorous really. Kind of as if it was mocking the notion that 'sex sells'.

3 months is a pretty long time for it to be shown for. I guess it was all about publicity, instead of making a good, persuasive advert.

...Yeah, it's not appropriate xD

swizzle

You are such a drag..
that was a very funny commercail! i dont think that it was meant to upset people because everything was covered and what kid doesnt know about strippers now a days? i just think it was a marketing ploy to get their product out there.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
I would hardly say that.

Our ratings system is far more lenient than yours. I've seen movies rated R over there hit an M rating here or even an MA. And if I recall correctly we even had a movie rated PG that was rated R over there.
When it comes to video games, we just don't have have an R rating. If something goes over an MA it can't be classified and thus banned. That I believe is stupid and I'm hoping it's appealed soon.

Ah, the video game stuff is mostly what I remember Australia banning, and some of the games they decided to ban left me scratching my head.

tau

I do think it should b banned, only cuz little children wud b watchin.

pwninator

I mean yeah, its not that bad to us, but still it is really inappropriate. Axe commerecials say that you can attract women but that commercial is showing a stripper pole dancing I mean come on. The reason it was probably banned is because commercials don't have ratings like tv shows to warn parents that what is about to be shown is for a somewhat mature viewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back