• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BBS question that could deal with the future of the series.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Hawkins

This is my first thread, so I apologize if this has already been addressed.

According to the Ansem Reports (KH1), after Apprentice Xehanort opened "The Door" in Radiant Garden, a meteor shower occurred. It is also revealed in a flashback after locking Neverland (KH1), that Kairi had first arrived at Destiny Islands during a meteor shower. Now, as everyone who has played Birth by Sleep knows, the Tutorial/Night before the Mark of Mastery Exam is when Terra, Ventus, and Aqua witnessed a meteor shower in the Land of Departure.

The first two meteor showers were either caused by something significant happening (Apprentice Xehanort), or the source of something significant (Kairi). I may be reading too much into it, but is there anything significant directly related to the meteor shower in BBS, or do you think it will be explained in a future game?

Thank you in advance for having mercy on a noob!

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It has been said as well that there occurs always a meteor shower when the walls of a world are destroyed, however that has not to be always the case as around the time of Birth by Sleep the Heartless could not enter the Realm of Light on their own merit unlike later. So while Ansem Report 11 states that the collapsing of the walls of a world is caused by the appearance of the Heartless, this cannot be the cause of the Meteor shower in BBS.

On a whim I can't recall if there were other reasons given for Meteor showers throughout the series, or if there was a distinct significant event in the night where TAV trained for their Mark of Mastery exam.
It's an interesting observation nonetheless. ;)

Better reading too much into it than not thinking about it at all I'd say. ^__^
We were all noobs once, so it shouldn't be a problem.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
The meteor shower talked about in the Ansem Report was the shattering of the walls between worlds, the meteors being Gummi blocks.

I don't specifically remember a meteor shower in Birth by Sleep (if I do, it was only a shooting star, which may well have been Mickey riding the Star Shard). That shower, nonetheless, would be unrelated as the walls haven't been broken yet. (They travel using the Lanes Between rather than through normal space as Sora does.)

You do bring up a good observation about Kairi, though. How did she get to Destiny Islands, anyway? Why can't she remember Radiant Garden?

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
The meteor shower talked about in the Ansem Report was the shattering of the walls between worlds, the meteors being Gummi blocks.

I don't specifically remember a meteor shower in Birth by Sleep (if I do, it was only a shooting star, which may well have been Mickey riding the Star Shard). That shower, nonetheless, would be unrelated as the walls haven't been broken yet. (They travel using the Lanes Between rather than through normal space as Sora does.)

You do bring up a good observation about Kairi, though. How did she get to Destiny Islands, anyway? Why can't she remember Radiant Garden?

She got to DI by the way of Aqua's charm spell on Kairi's necklace. As for not remembering Radiant Garden, I think when she arrived to DI, the charm spell must had affected her memory, causing her to forget her past of what happened and meeting Aqua and Mickey. Surly by now, Kairi would have remembered Aqua and Mickey since she now see Mickey from time to time. Unless something else is going on, I'm just guessing.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Nomura explained Kairi's lack of memories of RG as just her being a child at the time.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Sho thing.

Director's Secret Report XIII said:
Could you please gather some information about the main characters? The reason Sora becomes Anti Form, the reason Riku is able to be selected by a Keyblade, Kairi's memories of Radiant Garden, Roxas and Naminé's differences from other Nobodies, the absence of Sora and them, their parents and friends, and what about school?

Concerning Sora's Anti Form, you could think that the reason is related to his changing into a Heartless once before. In fact, beyond Sora's Nobody, it is natural to assume that Sora is influenced by the Heartless. Riku's Dark Mode is similar. By using such a strong power too much, he may have ended up approaching too close to darkness. There should be a hint about Riku being a chosen wielder hidden discreetly somewhere in the additions to the game, so certainly try and find it. As for Kairi's memories, there's nothing particularly special about them. If I personally regained memories from before I was 5, I think I wouldn't remember many details about them. That is to say on a general level, there are things I would remember and things I would forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back